Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford hasn’t delayed the Hybrid, according to them. And from my understanding the 22 hybrid is sold out before delivering 1 unit. The launches are horrid, maybe not the worst but horrid. Not from a delay stand point but from a system. Their databases/ordering system is antiquated, employees aren’t trained, and processes lack any resemblance of consistency. This all leads to horrible product launches. Ford is doing the worst job THEY can do launching their products.

I’m not giving a trophy to a fuck up because they’re all a bunch of fuck ups.
Participation Trophies for everyone!
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Transparency won't make a bit of difference as to how fast they deliver. The thing to remember is that Ford is dealing with dozens if not hundreds of subcontractors down the supply chain. If they could build faster, they would. After all, selling cars is how they make money.

It's doubtful Ford sees a benefit of spending time and money making public the most accurate picture as to build times. All that effort would be wasted if just one of those suppliers suddenly can't fulfil their obligations. The result is people get more disappointed when they have to push build dates back time and again.

Far simpler to say "months to build" and leave it at that. Right now is a very challenging time for any manufacturer. In terms of consumer psychology, the best thing they could possibly do is "promise less and deliver more". At the very least they won't be lying if they deliver less.
Certainly a frustrating situation for a lot of folks, not just Maverick buyers, or potential buyers.

The bottom line is you will get your Maverick when you get your Maverick. Don't like the Ford fiasco? Don't buy it. Don't want to wait? Don't buy it. Can't get it exactly the way you want it? Don't buy it. Don't like or trust your dealer? Don't buy it. There will be plenty of other people that will be happy to purchase "your" truck. And will be very happy to get it.

I'm not a Bible thumper, but "in nothing be anxious..."
'

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currently the Lincoln Corsair, Maverick and Escape use the 2.5 hybrid.

Are those the only three?

Looking through dealer inventory, I do not see any 22 Hybrid Fords or Lincolns for sale in the U.S.
The Escape and Corsair production only started beginning of November so you wouldn't be seeing any yet.

Sponsored

Flat Tooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It’s fascinating how many people around here think that wanting some information about the $30,000+ purchase we’re about to make is a sign of entitlement. Maybe a car is a fun toy for a lot of folks but I know for me it is a very necessary tool that gets me to and from work, the grocery store, etc. Call me crazy but I don’t think it’s absurd for folks to be a little frustrated with a single email and then months of silence on a very important purchase.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford could use some help with clarifying the issue, but in their defense they did issue an email about the hybrid delay on Oct 21, and said hybrid deliveries will start in January. It's the same email that mentioned the free FITS kit.
I've received no other follow-ups, other than delays to my original production date.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s fascinating how many people around here think that wanting some information about the $30,000+ purchase we’re about to make is a sign of entitlement. Maybe a car is a fun toy for a lot of folks but I know for me it is a very necessary tool that gets me to and from work, the grocery store, etc. Call me crazy but I don’t think it’s absurd for folks to be a little frustrated with a single email and then months of silence on a very important purchase.
Your dealer is the one you should be directing your enquires to.

If they tell you that they don't know the answer, ask them to find out and get back to you.

If they don't answer your questions, find another dealer.

The entitlement part is when each person thinks that corporate Ford should be giving them a direct update daily/weekly/monthly. That's the dealers job.

What sounds whinny to me is when some troll posts an untruth to stir the pot and a bunch of people fall for it, panic and then open the floodgates of criticism.

I am amused at how a big group of educated people can cackle like a bunch of old hens.

Yes, it is frustrating to wait and frustrating to be sitting in the dark but it is what it is. At 61 years of age, I have never seen an economy like we are living in today. I was here for hyperinflation of the 70's, the oil embargo of 73, the market crashes in 87, 99, 08 and 20, plus numerous downturns and recessions in the economy.

Somehow we muddle through it all.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do you know this? Have you asked your dealer? My dealer told me to expect a delivery date in the A-M-J time frame, but I was welcome to call him anytime with any questions I might have.
I've dealt with the same dealer for many years. They are a small town, low volume dealer, and we've done many hand-shake deals. They have always been honest & forthright with information. No complaints with them.

The Dealers receive Monthly notification of the allocations they will have.

They receive weekly status of orders that will be changed to builds with daily updates to that information as it changes during the week.

The Dealers receive regular updates on Late Availability items and items with constraints that will possibly delay a build.

The Dealers know all of this information. They also know if they have orders for 100 trucks before yours but are only getting 25 allocations a month. In that case some of there orders are going to wait months before they will even be considered.

I asked these questions and got the answers from the 2 dealers I was considering. I chose to go with the small town Dealer even though their price was slightly more because they had avaiable allocation with out a backlog of unscheduled orders. The cheaper bigger dealer told me that it would probably be 4-5 months before my order got placed due to the backlog they had.
As I understand from my dealer, it's a bit of a moving target with Ford. Again, not all Ford's fault, as recounted ad-nauseam in previous posts.

I'm just saying they could greatly improve and clarify their processes for customer orders, given this is the business model they are pushing for. I also think they (Ford) would completely agree, that to maintain a successful customer order system, they will HAVE to improve the process, along with many dealers, or risk losing more sales to competitors. As a share holder, this concerns me. As a customer, it's annoying, but I'm retired and in no hurry. 🤠

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the added delay is because something is up with the hybrid that Ford engineers need time to fix.
I heard something about problems with the electric motor. It seems that the supplier is Hamilton Beech and they are anticipating a big run on blenders this x-mas, the electric motor factory can't keep up with demand.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard something about problems with the electric motor. It seems that the supplier is Hamilton Beech and they are anticipating a big run on blenders this x-mas, the electric motor factory can't keep up with demand.
They're installing the last minute "Margarita" option to the Lux models

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
My issue is that in the modern world getting a tailor made car delivered to your local dealer is quite the luxury. Vehicles aren't as abundant as they usually are but you can definitely find plenty of other people willing to trade you a vehicle for $30,000 (before you mention it I know you used to always order cars back in the day but this hasn't been the norm for a long time)

People have a way of acting like they deserve supremely privileged treatment when they aren't even customers yet. Maybe you're a customer of the dealer whom you gave the deposit (or not) but either way nobody here without a Mav bought one yet.

Outside of all of that, it is even more annoying that everyone should be painfully aware of shortages, issues, etc with all industries but we just kinda put the pretend vanishing hat on when we talk about Ford.
Yeah they should be better but is this really super different than any multi-tiered organization? My guess is that if Ford knew when your truck was coming they'd tell you. It doesn't benefit them to just make you agonize about it.