First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer just (01-24-2022) informed me that Ford has a shortage of trailer hitches for the Maverick. Thus, if so, another parts shortage and scheduling on hold… anybody hear of it?
Sponsored

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer just (01-24-2022) informed me that Ford has a shortage of trailer hitches for the Maverick. Thus, if so, another parts shortage and scheduling on hold… anybody hear of it?
Thats interesting.... My order had the hitch included, but I don't see it on my details page for the order. Maybe thats why.

golfbymagic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV, Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told very early (late July) that I'd be smart to remove the trailer hitch from my order. I did. My XL Hybrid is currently scheduled for production the week of Feb 14.

Sleepyalero

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i ordered a 4k tow model, no word on a production time yet.

Sponsored

Brauntex

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Buster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an XLT FWD EcoBoost on 1/11/22 and last week (9 days after order confirmation) received the VIN and scheduled build date week of 3/7/22. One of the few options I added was a hitch/receiver (2k) so I don't think I would have been scheduled so quickly if the hitch is constrained at this time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told very early (late July) that I'd be smart to remove the trailer hitch from my order. I did. My XL Hybrid is currently scheduled for production the week of Feb 14.
At my initial order, mudflaps were unavailable... so I removed that. Then Spray-in bed liner was the constraint. There's been lots of bits and pieces that have held up production of specific orders. I thought about it a bit, and decided that I will just roll with it and when it gets here, it gets here!
If they removed the hitch from the order, that should be easy to get done at the dealer.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never heard that there was a trailer hitch shortage, and I've never seen it on any of the constraint announcements that come out from time to time. Here's an example of the current one:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/constraints-commodities-for-january-2022.6547/

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the 2k hitch the same as the hitch installed with the 4k package or is made with heavier steel. If so, what hitch is that dealer talking about (If it is indeed true).

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the 2k hitch the same as the hitch installed with the 4k package or is made with heavier steel. If so, what hitch is that dealer talking about (If it is indeed true).
Its the same hitch. The 4K package adds a 7 pin plug over the 4 pin.
The delays is not because of hitches guys. Every scheduled truck that has been pushed back from jan to feb build dates is a hybrid. Every truck that has been moved up is an ecoboost. Its a shortage of something to do with the hybrid.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Xbbqpitmaster

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its the same hitch. The 4K package adds a 7 pin plug over the 4 pin.
The delays is not because of hitches guys. Every scheduled truck that has been pushed back from jan to feb build dates is a hybrid. Every truck that has been moved up is an ecoboost. Its a shortage of something to do with the hybrid.
that is why I asked. My dealer said they were have difficulty getting hitches… I only asked to see if anyone else he’d heard of it…

Mnext02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my dealer just informed me today that the $100 hitch option added to my $22k XL Hybrid could delay it to a 2023 model. Are you frickin kidding me??? A $100 part!!!???

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's interesting because I put that on my order and I'm in production as we speak hopefully shipping by the end of the week

Icatchshrimp

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Any luck finding a hitch?