Tow Package

Marcello

First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Hello everybody! Any Ecoboost 2.0 all wheel drive comes with the tow package or it is an optional item?
Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And well worth the money different gear ratio coolers for the transmission an engine the suspension is a little different beefs the truck up alot. I always have a towing package or a snow plow package put on my trucks even if I don't plan to tow nothing it's good insurance to prolong the life of the vehicle.

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can also just add the hitch itself, which comes with the 4-prong connection for light towing and hitch accessories. $100 option.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can also just add the hitch itself, which comes with the 4-prong connection for light towing and hitch accessories. $100 option.
Is it still a 2” reciever? Personally i think if youre getting ecoboost… you might as well get the option to have trailer brakes for your towing. Otherwise you really max out at barely more than a sedan for towing capacity, depending on state laws on what weight trailer brakes are required. Like what does 4k cost in america? For me in canada it was 750 bucks. So you pay an extra 600 for intercooler upgrade, gear ratios, 7 pin, and brake controller? Easy choice for me 🤷‍♂️

i do wonder how the OP found this forum without finding ford’s build a maverick website to answer their own question though 😂

Sponsored

OP
OP
Marcello

Marcello

First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I use towing one Polaris Pro XP UTV. Do you suppose the FX4 package with the Ecoboost 2.0 will afford that?

GlennWatson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the basic Maverick without the tow package and now I am second guessing myself. The tow package is about $2000.00 more and I think it would decrease gas mileage.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the basic Maverick without the tow package and now I am second guessing myself. The tow package is about $2000.00 more and I think it would decrease gas mileage.
Acceleration will be better with the 4K, trailer brake controller, wiring, receiver, transmission cooler, heavy duty radiator, and the ability to safely pull double the standard 2k the receiver and four pin connector allows. This is a 795 dollar option.

Gas mileage will likely not suffer much with the 3.81 over the 3.63 at cruise because of the 8 speed. That said it would be nice if a 4K and a standard 2.0 owner would post their rpm at say 60 mph for comparison sake.

I personally wouldn’t even consider a maverick without the towing unless I was getting the hybrid as just an around town vehicle.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ides/2022_Ford_Maverick_Towing_Info_Oct20.pdf

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is only about 800 more once you have eco boost and AWD. It might even help MPG if you are in a head wind or at altitude as it will shift down less. Worse thing I ever did was not get the tow package on my suburban.

4sambos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Avalanche, Prius, Camry Hybrid,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Acceleration will be better with the 4K, trailer brake controller, wiring, receiver, transmission cooler, heavy duty radiator, and the ability to safely pull double the standard 2k the receiver and four pin connector allows. This is a 795 dollar option.

Gas mileage will likely not suffer much with the 3.81 over the 3.63 at cruise because of the 8 speed. That said it would be nice if a 4K and a standard 2.0 owner would post their rpm at say 60 mph for comparison sake.

I personally wouldn’t even consider a maverick without the towing unless I was getting the hybrid as just an around town vehicle.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ides/2022_Ford_Maverick_Towing_Info_Oct20.pdf
Hi, can anyone reply with gas Milage of the eco boat with 4K tow package please, thanks.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gas Mileage is really dependent on how you drive the car - mostly highway? Backroads? Stop and go city? We are getting 25.6 average on 90 octane with mainly city stop and go with occasional 10 mile highway trips. With more highway you can get much better have seen instant mpg well over 30 mpg. As noted, don’t think you give up much MPG getting the tow - a bit for sure but other factors really influence MPG more.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

On a 215 mile trip from Pensacola to Bonifay and back to Pensacola, I got an average of 29.9 mpg according to the trip meter. It was all interstate, traveling at 70-75 miles with cruise control. That is with an empty bed and 2 very large people (combined weight is ~ 600 lbs). In the city, I get an average of 24-25 mpg. I have an XL AWD with 4k tow.
Sponsored