Sponsored

TONNEAU PICKUP BOX COVER ROLL VS. TRIFOLD ?

Towmaster

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Transit Connect
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WHICH PICKUP BED COVER DO YOU HAVE, HARD ROLLUP (CODE 21 L) OR HARD TRIFOLD (CODE 21 K)?
I'm a contractor who will need daily access to the contents in the bed, tools, supplies.
I will soon be ordering a 2023 XLT EcoBoost, AWD, Luxury Package, Towing Package, and I need some input and guidance from owners about the type of bed cover they prefer.
The hard rollup looks good and is nice and compact when fully rolled up. But I'm concerned it will wear out quickly with all the daily opening and closing. I will need to open and close the cover several times during my daily schedule of picking up supplies at Home Depot/Lumber yards and making stops and deliveries at job sites and client homes.
I'm not worried about the top of the cover, but more the rubber feet that lock the cover down to the guide rails it attaches to. Perhaps the trifold will be better for my application and daily use.
Thoughts about the pro & cons of the two hard covers.
Thanks!
Sponsored

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure what rubber feet you are talking about. The locking connection on both the side rails and each slat along the rolling cover are all metal and I don't think they'll get worn out from daily use.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with a trifold because when they are fully folded up it allows access to almost 100% of the bed. Roll ups and retractable covers take up horizontal space and the bed is small enough as it is.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like my Hard Tri-Fold. Mostly because I feel like anything I put back there is more secure from all the crackheads here in Washington state.

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Pilot, 2018 Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Hard Roll up cover. I can still drive with the cover rolled back and look out the back. Looking to change it to the retractible one with the T-Slots so I can put bed bars.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sentry hard roll up for RealTruck with the 15% discount. Took 15 minutes to install, locks great, so far no water leaks despite a few car washes. I am happy with it. Have been able to roll it, secure it and use almost all of the bed rather than dealing with the tri-fold which is why I got the roll up.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sentry hard roll up for RealTruck with the 15% discount. Took 15 minutes to install, locks great, so far no water leaks despite a few car washes. I am happy with it. Have been able to roll it, secure it and use almost all of the bed rather than dealing with the tri-fold which is why I got the roll up.
Sentry CT is legit- Nice and taught, slim, rolls easily- Fits like a glove.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WHICH PICKUP BED COVER DO YOU HAVE, HARD ROLLUP (CODE 21 L) OR HARD TRIFOLD (CODE 21 K)?
I'm a contractor who will need daily access to the contents in the bed, tools, supplies.
I will soon be ordering a 2023 XLT EcoBoost, AWD, Luxury Package, Towing Package, and I need some input and guidance from owners about the type of bed cover they prefer.
The hard rollup looks good and is nice and compact when fully rolled up. But I'm concerned it will wear out quickly with all the daily opening and closing. I will need to open and close the cover several times during my daily schedule of picking up supplies at Home Depot/Lumber yards and making stops and deliveries at job sites and client homes.
I'm not worried about the top of the cover, but more the rubber feet that lock the cover down to the guide rails it attaches to. Perhaps the trifold will be better for my application and daily use.
Thoughts about the pro & cons of the two hard covers.
Thanks!
While I have the trifold, if I were in your shoes, I'd get a slide back. In my opinion more convenient and secure for your purposes than a roll-up or trifold. There's even a model that is push-button operated!

https://realtruck.com/p/gatortrax-tonneau-cover/v/ford/maverick/2022/

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I went roll up; BAK X4S.
I would not order it with the truck, it will delay your build. Put it on yourself afterwards. Plus it gives you more time to pick.

If you go roll up, the X4S comes with 5yr warranty, so if it wears out, get a replacement under warranty.
The Sentry CT has Velcro sides, so if you do open it that much, I won’t recommend that style. Plus you have to latch the cover with the gate closed.
With BAK you can open & close tailgate, and never touch the cover.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went roll up; BAK X4S.
I would not order it with the truck, it will delay your build. Put it on yourself afterwards. Plus it gives you more time to pick.

If you go roll up, the X4S comes with 5yr warranty, so if it wears out, get a replacement under warranty.
The Sentry CT has Velcro sides, so if you do open it that much, I won’t recommend that style. Plus you have to latch the cover with the gate closed.
With BAK you can open & close tailgate, and never touch the cover.
Yes I agree. And the sides lock the whole length.

Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Undercover armor tonneau trifold . very useful and secure . works for me .

Ford Maverick TONNEAU PICKUP BOX COVER ROLL VS. TRIFOLD ? 20221016_085534

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Undercover Ultra flex because the BAK 4xs was way backordered at the time. I do like it and it is secure. Seldom ride with it folded up.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Roll-up. Cheap price and doesn't block rear window when a tri-fold folded up for full access to bed.
Sponsored