First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hadn't heard of this issue, but to be honest hadn't even thought to look into it. Now I'm curious as well. I've been thinking of changing to a soft roll-up anyway just because I can see eventually going with a cap.
Yah I knew soft ones had issues in the cold and heavy snow can cause issues for them and the hard tri fold I've heard the edges leak. I liked the hard roll roll since they look easy to use and don't block the entire window when open, but I've seen some complaints when the vinyl gets cold it shrinks and makes rolling closed difficult/impossible.
Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yah I knew soft ones had issues in the cold and heavy snow can cause issues for them and the hard tri fold I've heard the edges leak. I liked the hard roll roll since they look easy to use and don't block the entire window when open, but I've seen some complaints when the vinyl gets cold it shrinks and makes rolling closed difficult/impossible.
Check out the A.R.E. tonneau covers. Mine(on my '96 F150) has never leaked,never scratched the body, and matches the body cover. Very durable and has been on since 1998. We get real snow and ice in Northeast Ohio!!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I originally ordered a tonneau cover with my build but have since deleted it.

My intent is to purchase a Retractable Tonneau. The company I'm speaking with started here locally I believe and now has a west coast office as well. I have communicated with the company and they are interested in using my truck to video installation instructions for their internet site. The only thing holding the deal up is Ford is stalled Scheduling builds.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be waiting for one of these for the Maverick. Didn't want the spray-in and didn't want to cover up the Alto Blue. I don't plan on using the Maverick for 'Work' anyway.

1629562348228.png
Thinking about going just a mat and flipping tonneau cover

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thinking about going just a mat and flipping tonneau cover
They have an option at the builder as an option for $140. I don't remember seeing that when I built mine. There is no photo of it so I probably would not have ordered it anyway without seeing what it looks like.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
And for a mat I'm just going with a 4x6 Grey Turf Mat from Amazon for $36, so it can roll out over the tailgate which gets trashed with regular mats. Trim it a bit, some carpet tape at the bulkhead, roll it out of the way when I need to. Done.

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I originally ordered a tonneau cover with my build but have since deleted it.

My intent is to purchase a Retractable Tonneau. The company I'm speaking with started here locally I believe and now has a west coast office as well. I have communicated with the company and they are interested in using my truck to video installation instructions for their internet site. The only thing holding the deal up is Ford is stalled Scheduling builds.
Hey Sarge, which retractable cover?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Sarge, which retractable cover?
I'm currently looking at the Roll-N-Lock, middle of the 3 models. I want the powered but I'm not paying the same amount as I paid for the truck to have it.

My favorite thing about the Roll-N-Lock is the depth of the canister. It's only 7-1/4" the thinnest on the market I believe.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the 1st Edition version that I ordered the "soft cover" comes with the vehicle. Not crazy excited about that... but I wanted a cover and there was no available option to change out. Mostly I will not use or need the cover; regardless I keep my vehicle garage parked 95% of the time... so I am not concerned about it being "cut open" or the like. And 98% of the time I will NOT have anything of value under the cover... Overall, I am glad to have it so that when on the open road and items are in the back I have rain protection around town mostly...

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With the 1st Edition version that I ordered the "soft cover" comes with the vehicle. Not crazy excited about that... but I wanted a cover and there was no available option to change out. Mostly I will not use or need the cover; regardless I keep my vehicle garage parked 95% of the time... so I am not concerned about it being "cut open" or the like. And 98% of the time I will NOT have anything of value under the cover... Overall, I am glad to have it so that when on the open road and items are in the back I have rain protection around town mostly...
Sounds like the soft cover will work for you. I've got one coming on my FE but I'm starting to look for alternatives because it isn't going to work for me.
Sponsored