First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And for a mat I'm just going with a 4x6 Grey Turf Mat from Amazon for $36, so it can roll out over the tailgate which gets trashed with regular mats. Trim it a bit, some carpet tape at the bulkhead, roll it out of the way when I need to. Done.
KGillies - ?Q for you... did you order the Spray in Bed Liner?... overall I like that idea, but thinking if I have the Spray In Bed liner... why do the Mat?
Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
KGillies - ?Q for you... did you order the Spray in Bed Liner?... overall I like that idea, but thinking if I have the Spray In Bed liner... why do the Mat?
No, I'm not doing heavy duty stuff that would scratch the paint, and the spray in is a delay (I'm scheduled for 9/20). I'm doing the mat to protect the stuff and soften the noise of it bouncing around. FYI new pics show almost 7' of total length with tailgate down, so I'm getting 4x7 from Amazon for $60 so that it will roll out and cover the tailgate during load/unload. then just roll it into the back, shut the tailgate, done!

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. Im waiting to see the aftermarket solutions to compatibility with other add-ons.

Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not so fast, that rack requires bed stakes.
Went with Extang Xceed Hard TriFold (40 working day lead time, perfect for my delivery), and it sure looks to me that the Extend ladder rack is the only one that going to work on the Mav due to very tight bedrail gap for clamps or bolts.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the 1st Edition version that I ordered the "soft cover" comes with the vehicle. Not crazy excited about that... but I wanted a cover and there was no available option to change out. Mostly I will not use or need the cover; regardless I keep my vehicle garage parked 95% of the time... so I am not concerned about it being "cut open" or the like. And 98% of the time I will NOT have anything of value under the cover... Overall, I am glad to have it so that when on the open road and items are in the back I have rain protection around town mostly...
Good to know someone in Tampa ordered a First Edition!
What color did you order? I ordered an Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid.

Go Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Lightning and Rays!

I went by BC Ford in Tampa and they had a good display of the available tonneau covers. The lady at BC Ford was more helpful than the salesman. She had a good knowledge of the covers.
The Soft Roll Up is basically a canvas that will not carry any weight. It has a pretty snug fit so it does not sag and seals well.
The Tri-Fold seems to be coated fiberglass panels. It can fold up and also lean back against the cab for full bed access. The weight it can carry on it is 200 Lbs.
The Hard Roll Up is really nice. It has aluminum panels with flexible cover on top. It also can carry 200 Lbs. of weight on top of it. You can roll it open a little for access or all the way back up to the cab. It does not touch the cab when fully rolled up.
It helped me decide which cover I wanted so I went with the hard roll-up. The FE has the soft roll up in the package and it is certainly functional. I have not used a folding type before but many people do.
The aluminum roll-up type (like a garage door) are sweet but can be pricey.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I plan to get an aftermarket tonneau. But there are so many options it is hard to pick one.
Also by waiting more options are opening up.
I understand some people need a tonneau right away for what they do.

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to get an aftermarket tonneau. But there are so many options it is hard to pick one.
Also by waiting more options are opening up.
I understand some people need a tonneau right away for what they do.
Kind of in the same boat, have a build with the hard tri-fold but will probably remove and get something after the fact- Hard roll up might be a better solution long term.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know someone in Tampa ordered a First Edition!
What color did you order? I ordered an Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid.

Go Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Lightning and Rays!

I went by BC Ford in Tampa and they had a good display of the available tonneau covers. The lady at BC Ford was more helpful than the salesman. She had a good knowledge of the covers.
The Soft Roll Up is basically a canvas that will not carry any weight. It has a pretty snug fit so it does not sag and seals well.
The Tri-Fold seems to be coated fiberglass panels. It can fold up and also lean back against the cab for full bed access. The weight it can carry on it is 200 Lbs.
The Hard Roll Up is really nice. It has aluminum panels with flexible cover on top. It also can carry 200 Lbs. of weight on top of it. You can roll it open a little for access or all the way back up to the cab. It does not touch the cab when fully rolled up.
It helped me decide which cover I wanted so I went with the hard roll-up. The FE has the soft roll up in the package and it is certainly functional. I have not used a folding type before but many people do.
The aluminum roll-up type (like a garage door) are sweet but can be pricey.
RGinFL - I ordered the FE in Spark Red AWD w 4k tow pkge. The ONLY Option for the bed cover was the Soft Tonneau cover. At first I really wanted the hard cover Tri Fold, but could not get it... besides, I doubt I will carry something of value in the back and I hope to remember to fold up the back cover when I am out and about in an area where someone may take a knife to the cover - to avoid that damage.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Tri-Fold... I want a way to only open what I need... One tile to just load a bag or two...etc.,

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RGinFL - I ordered the FE in Spark Red AWD w 4k tow pkge. The ONLY Option for the bed cover was the Soft Tonneau cover. At first I really wanted the hard cover Tri Fold, but could not get it... besides, I doubt I will carry something of value in the back and I hope to remember to fold up the back cover when I am out and about in an area where someone may take a knife to the cover - to avoid that damage.
Hey it comes with it - use it and you can always get a folding one later on. It's good for covering anything you are hauling here and there. Like luggage on a trip.
I need to see your rig when you get it - that Rapid Red is awesome! Worth the wait and very unique.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey it comes with it - use it and you can always get a folding one later on. It's good for covering anything you are hauling here and there. Like luggage on a trip.
I need to see your rig when you get it - that Rapid Red is awesome! Worth the wait and very unique.
Great comments of support... we will get together once it is delivered