TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Which tonneau cover do you prefer? 9DFCC156-FAF3-40A4-81A7-667FF37EEC2B

Not a great pic of it but really like my extang signature trifold. Love the canvas vs the vinyl for look and durability. Not 100% waterproof but damn close. Originally wanted a hard trifold but for half the cost this is a great option.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Truxedo Pro X15 and highly recommend it. Well made, easy to use. Just barely $300. Easy install. When it's rolled up, it takes up very little room, maximizes the use of the bed length. Mostly water tight except at the tailgate corners. Seems to hold up well in automatic car washes.
Where did you find for "barely $300"? Best I'm seeing now is ~$535-$580.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you find for "barely $300"? Best I'm seeing now is ~$535-$580.
Has anyone experienced the Lund Genesis Elite? The Pro X15 looks great to me, but certainly not cheap for a soft roll-up. I'm wondering whether the Lund Genesis Elite (model #968118 for Maverick) in the similar fabric material may be worth considering at only $399? Not quite as low profile.

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

20221002_072735.jpg

Truxedo Prox15. Showing rolled up because for me its best feature is its size. It doesn't block the window or take up any bed space.

It's decently weather proof, inexpensive, and I (not a handy person) installed it in a couple hours.

I also bought and installed the rail system for it. When my bed rack bars come in they'll work with the cover.

The big negative is it doesn't provide the security of a hard or reinforced cover. I don't leave $$ things in the bed so not a problem for me. But something to consider.

I also bought from RealTruck. Great experience and discount.
How much was the discount? Because you're a member of this forum?

Sponsored

RBElectrical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
I believe I have the Truxedo Prox15 as well. I have it on my Ram with 8' bed. Works great with the 5th wheel because I can roll it out of the way when towing. Got one for the Maverick and I like how it looks and functions. My only complaint is the lack of security. I don't keep much in the bed of the Ram. But the Maverick is so small that when we travel we need to keep more stuff in the bed. With the velcro sides, someone can just peel it up and grab stuff out of the bed.

I just purchased a BAK X4S for one of my guys. It looks like a nice cover and secure. I can't justify the price for the Maverick though. It's the same price as for the Ram I bought. And for my 8' bed ram it's only $100 more! That's like twice the material.

For anyone that has the BAK X4S, are you happy with it? Is the bed too short for the cover to be usable while open, but not flipped up?

coherent

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, F250 Superduty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed a Truxedo Sentry CT today on mine. It's a hard roll up. The install was very straight forward and took less than an hour alone. Overall quality, fit and finish is very good. I elected the hard roll up over the Tri-Fold for rear window visibility when rolled up out of the way for bed access. I've had soft covers and didn't like the flutter most have or the lack of any security. The CT is a waterproof matt heavy canvas like material which appealed to me over the shiny vinyl.

I bought mine through RealTruck. They seem to be big in pushing their sales through their online chat and phone sales people to get about a 10% discount over their online prices instead of just listing their best price. Not sure I understand the reasoning for selling that way, but they did beat the best price I could l find elsewhere and the cover was shipped same day and delivered to my door quickly (ordered on a Tue and it was delivered 2 days later on Thur). Can't comment on long term wear but my research and reviews from those who have installed them on other pickups and had them on for a couple years or more are very good with no real complaints.

As a side note I ordered and received new floor liners also. I have had both WeatherTech and Husky floor liners in numerous vehicles. The ones I bought for the Mav are from a company called 3D. Not as many options out there for the Hybrids, but the quality and fit of the 3D floor liners is excellent and were about $20 less on Amazon than the WeatherTechs. The WeatherTech's and Husky liners are great but the smooth plastic finish starts to look like crap after a few months and don't clean up very easily. The 3D liners are a rougher looking/feeling material that is very light weight and almost looks and feels like a high tech plastic molded carpet. They are deep well and cover up toward the firewall and under the pedals higher than the Ford all weather floor mats/liners. Time will tell as far as long term wear but I lreally ike them so far.

Last edited:

Jerseysteve68

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the BAKFlip MX4 cover about 6 months ago. It was easy to install and have driven the truck through very heavy rainfalls and had extremely small amount of leaking into the bed. Very pleased with this cover!

C8DFC10E-76FA-47EF-8966-4BCD63A8C23D.jpeg
I just ordered the MX 4. Any tips or tricks you would pass along for installing it?

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered the MX 4. Any tips or tricks you would pass along for installing it?
I had water getting in at the corners closest to the window and through those gaps in the truck's plastic trim cover on the sides of the bed. Recently used some of this stuff to seal up those gaps https://a.co/d/0h5Re0q Works well so far, and we'll see how it holds up.

Also the rail system has drain tubes at one end, but is completely open at the other end, so water just dumps into the bed (strange design choice). I used pieces of tailgate seal to seal up those holes.

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought that the instructions were very helpful and I followed them carefully. As a tip, do not snug down the mounting clamps too tightly until you are satisfied that the 3 ribs on the cover are just right on the tailgate lip and makes a good seal. I love the cover and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I have. Well worth the money!

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If money were no object I'd probably opt for a retractable tonneau, but I went with the Rough Country hard tri-fold for around $700
PXL_20220615_034828926.jpg
Where did you find this? I've not found Maverick on their site. Kind of like this as much as Lomax.

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs