AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would a flush hard cover like the Lomax be less water- and theft-resistant compared to the hard covers that mount above the bed (ex. Gator trio, tonno pro)
I am a big fan of the flush-mount hard-covers like the Lomax and understanding the price indicates the quality but does anyone have recommendations for similar flush-mounts at a reduced price point? Thank you.
Sponsored

firestang70

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid is currently in production so shopping now for a soft folding cover. Encourage responses on models and prices. DMs are welcome.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am a big fan of the flush-mount hard-covers like the Lomax and understanding the price indicates the quality but does anyone have recommendations for similar flush-mounts at a reduced price point? Thank you.
I just purchased an Undercover Armor Flex. I will install it on Friday. I'll take photos and tell about it after.

Call, email, or IM RealTruck and mention MTC for today's prices. You may be pleasantly surprised.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Installed today. Fits well. Looks great.
Needs one modification to the directions.

Undercover Armor Flex

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide 4C95668B-2131-4E0B-BD40-3001D56672E9

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide D18CA943-ADD5-4F89-97DC-D5F189CE87E4

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide EA345EE6-1685-4CBC-82C6-1303ABF02718

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide 50E4E20F-1CD9-47BA-89E0-4D46964D4E26

Water drain holes provided by Ford.
Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide 1C7965DB-D7FB-4F7C-9C5F-7CCC9B9CF5F1

Have to move the clamp nearest the tailgate a little bit forward to clear the tie down point. No biggie. Easy to do. Just remember to do it

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide CAD9F331-306D-4CCA-84C3-105A27FFDFCC

The last part is not in the directions BUT NEEDS TO BE!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THINGS HOLY - SCREW ON THE SNAP CLIPS THAT GO ON THE WINDOW SIDE BEFORE PUTTING THE COVER ON THE TRUCK!
It's nearly impossible to attach the clips after the cover is on the bed. There's no reason to wait. Screw them on while the cover is on the ground. You can send thank you gifts to my PayPal at any time.
Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide FF9B7C43-1EA0-4EAD-A1F7-65F91826F718

Put these damn little clips on FIRST.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There can only be one as Highlander showed :). Sentry CT hard rollup - has cloth like a convertible top, hard points and seals great. Just have to close tailgate first then roll down.

Just had first family trip for a bit over a week - cover was awesome, lots of compliments from folks seeing. Everyone was surprised by rollup and hardcover - functional and looks great. Wife uses for shopping with bed extender (amazon) and could not be happier.

Awesome cover and highly highly recommended from both a functional and visual perspective - just treat the cloth occasionally for UV.

Sponsored

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do soft tri-folds still flap when driving like a soft roll-up, or does the frame keep flapping to a minimum?

Also, I noticed the Advantage brand tri-fold Ford carries comes with metal reinforcement brackets so the anchors don't damage the plastic, but most other brands don't come with them. Does anyone make an aftermarket bracket for installing a cover? Or is it not really an issue?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do soft tri-folds still flap when driving like a soft roll-up, or does the frame keep flapping to a minimum?

Also, I noticed the Advantage brand tri-fold Ford carries comes with metal reinforcement brackets so the anchors don't damage the plastic, but most other brands don't come with them. Does anyone make an aftermarket bracket for installing a cover? Or is it not really an issue?
Yes soft tri-folds still flap. No it's not an issue. I have a gator SFX.

EasyDuzIt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Help me decide... Lund Genesis Elite, Truxedo Truxport, or Keko GRX Pro?

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Soft covers, if properly adjusted for weather, don't flap enough to matter.

Birfield85

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 1985 Toyota Pickup
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ran a Extang Trifecta canvas/soft trifold on my F150 for years. Parking it in the 100+ deg summer sun every day for years finally led to a little cracking/shrinking on the edges but was better than I expected and stayed sturdy. I never experienced any flapping or noise from it.

I just pulled the trigger on this TonnoPro Hard Fold from Real Truck today. It seems to be a happy medium between soft and hard for a good price. I'd do soft again but just had a buddy get his cut and tools stolen so figured I'd pay a little more for the hard.

I've been watching it and saw the sale + free shipping which made it even cheaper the the Oedro I'd been watching on EBay. Will report back on how it does, but feels better than EBay in case there's warranty or issues... BTW, I have no affiliation with RealTruck, they just were where Google search took me.
Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide TonnoPro.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored

Chrizz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ran a Extang Trifecta canvas/soft trifold on my F150 for years. Parking it in the 100+ deg summer sun every day for years finally led to a little cracking/shrinking on the edges but was better than I expected and stayed sturdy. I never experienced any flapping or noise from it.

I just pulled the trigger on this from Real Truck today. It seems to be a happy medium between soft and hard for a good price. I'd do soft again but just had a buddy get his cut and tools stolen so figured I'd pay a little more for the hard.

I've been watching it and saw the sale + free shipping which made it even cheaper the the Oedro I'd been watching on EBay. Will report back on how it does, but feels better than EBay in case there's warranty or issues... BTW, I have no affiliation with RealTruck, they just were where Google search took me.
TonnoPro.JPG
I bought this a couple weeks ago and got it a few days ago. For more than you paid, sadly!

It's a great fit and feels really secure. Unfortunately, it arrived with damaged pads on either side of one of the tri-folds. Waiting to hear back from RealTruck about whether this can be fixed/replaced or not.

Brent Karrett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Burnt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coyote, Lanche, Nauti,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just bought/installed this one. Two thumbs up !
Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Buying Guide 88FA1FA2-04D5-4D60-B9EE-DD796359976C

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Too bad no one seems to be making the old style painted hard tonneaus so popular 10+ years ago for the Maverick. Seems one would be good for the Maverick's shorter bed and be light enough to be removed by one person too. These were very strong, secure and watertight.

Last edited:

Wolfairious

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, RealTruck gave me a great price on a Bakflip MX4 for a Veteran discount. Just wanted to give them a shout out.

MrMojoRising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Speed Huffy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, RealTruck gave me a great price on a Bakflip MX4 for a Veteran discount. Just wanted to give them a shout out.
Did you send them a DM on here or did you get it from their website?
Sponsored