First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Bak MX4 aluminum ( I live in the desert and the UV is intense) after I spoke to 2 other owners who loved it. Getting installed this week
Sponsored

CallBall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question about the BAKFLIP MX4. One of the reviews I read mentioned that it can be opened with the tail gate up, but I think that may have been for an older model. Is that true?

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
What are the options for a hard rolling cover being used with a bed extender?

thanks
Jon

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What are the options for a hard rolling cover being used with a bed extender?

thanks
Jon
Based on what Iā€™ve seen other post, the Truxedo Sentry CT (and probably non-CT).

Pietalian

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are certain types of tonneaus better for frequent Interstate driving?

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are certain types of tonneaus better for frequent Interstate driving?
Depends. You will find that hard covers wonā€™t move around like soft. If you donā€™t mind some ā€˜flappingā€™, then soft cover is fine.

I had gotten the Truxedo Pro X15, but it moved too much more my liking. I couldnā€™t get it as tight as I wanted, and still close it with the tailgate closed. Other forum members didnā€™t have any figment issues. While these truck are mass produced, there is enough variability.

I then switched to the BAK Revolver X4S. That does not ā€™flapā€˜ going the highway, but I can see it bounce a little.
With my rear window open, the Pro X15 was noisy, X4S was not. Also could see X15 in mirror, moving.

X15 is a great cover, just donā€™t do it for me. I like the X4S better.

All of this just happened over the last couple weeks. Just got the X4S Thursday, so no longer term data yet.

Either way, ping Alex at @Realtruck. Great pricing. The 30 day exchange went very smoothly.

Pietalian

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends. You will find that hard covers wonā€™t move around like soft. If you donā€™t mind some ā€˜flappingā€™, then soft cover is fine.

I had gotten the Truxedo Pro X15, but it moved too much more my liking. I couldnā€™t get it as tight as I wanted, and still close it with the tailgate closed. Other forum members didnā€™t have any figment issues. While these truck are mass produced, there is enough variability.

I then switched to the BAK Revolver X4S. That does not ā€™flapā€˜ going the highway, but I can see it bounce a little.
With my rear window open, the Pro X15 was noisy, X4S was not. Also could see X15 in mirror, moving.

X15 is a great cover, just donā€™t do it for me. I like the X4S better.

All of this just happened over the last couple weeks. Just got the X4S Thursday, so no longer term data yet.

Either way, ping Alex at @Realtruck. Great pricing. The 30 day exchange went very smoothly.
I appreciate the details. This will be my first pickup. I assume that a hard rollup or hard trifold will stay quieter and hold up better to frequent Interstate speeds, but this is all new territory for me :)

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I appreciate the details. This will be my first pickup. I assume that a hard rollup or hard trifold will stay quieter and hold up better to frequent Interstate speeds, but this is all new territory for me :)
My first one for me as well.
I went through a lot of searching. Was torn between X15 and X4S. Friend has F150 with a cover similar to X15. I liked what I saw, which is why I pulled the triggered on that. Figured Iā€™d save money as well. Also to avoid the cons I read about the X4S. But after having the X15, decided Iā€™d rather have the X4S cons. So I exchanged them.

There are so many options. Each cover has pros and cons. Each person has their own tastes and price points.
That is what is great about RealTruckā€˜s 30 day return policy.

BTW - I did get a tailgate seal as well. That is supposed to help keep dust out of the bed. I didnā€™t get a chance to put that on yet.
Also, I had to fiddle with each cover to get it to fit to my liking. So expect to have to do some of that.

n3cw4rr10r

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 XLT/Explorer XLT/Escape Titanium/Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am looking @ the Gator Trio, FX & FX3 models. What would you say is the biggest difference between them?

OP
OP
Realtruck

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
The Gator Trio is more comparable to the Extang Solid fold and our private label version of the UnderCover Triad also sits ontop of the bed rails and only gives 2/3 bed access

The FX and FX3 are very similar covers, with the same rail design and operation. The FX is an aluminum cover, ideal for high sun locations due to aluminum's resistance to fading. The FX3 is FRP, a fiberglass-reinforced polymer. Great for high-hail locations as it's more dent and impact resistant.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Realtruck

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can any of the hard folding covers, like the extang Exceed, be driven with only one section folded back?