Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Old news, Other engine... :)

I wonder what full-size trucks think of the Maverick :)
Soooo, you bought a SC but have almost 600 posts on a Maverick forum....Do you not have a life or are you just a full time internet troll?
Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Ford Maverick Those santa cruz owners at it again 2022-Ford-Maverick-Hybrid-Terminex-Exterior-001-Sid

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i saw TFT video they got 30mpg in a cruz. Its possible to get great mpg in cruz. Consistently idk about that.
i dont why they didnt want to show a maverick....
TFL didn't show a Maverick because they don't currently have access to a Maverick. Because it's stonking hard to get ahold of a Maverick.

They compared the Maverick to the SC back when they had a press car.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Soooo, you bought a SC but have almost 600 posts on a Maverick forum....Do you not have a life or are you just a full time internet troll?
Just giving you guys a bad time..... No need to be a jerk... 600 post isn't a Troll !!

My story
Dates are app.
Ordered a XLT Hybrid 6/21
Got tired of waiting turned it into a XL AWD 7/17
Got tired of that wait...Order a Lariat Hybrid from another dealer...
Actually test drove somebody elses XLT AWD...didn't care for it and the wife hated the looks
Got tired of that BS went looking for a Tacoma or Ridgeline
Got a chance to drive a Santa Cruz.....Bought it that day.. 10/9
Let the Dealer have the XL and make a bigger profit 12/24
Lariat came in Feb/22 Let the Dealer have it at a big profit...

So I had two Mavericks come and go.... I like the looks of it I just couldn't get past the interior..over weighted steering , flopping hood, and noise.

I'm a happy camper and I'm glad you guys like your Trucks....!

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i saw TFT video they got 30mpg in a cruz. Its possible to get great mpg in cruz. Consistently idk about that.
i dont why they didnt want to show a maverick....
C&D also showed it outperform its highway rating, which is good because 90% of my driving is just highway cruising. Turbo does really well with constant speed cruising, not as well in stop and go, which is pretty common for turbo engines in general. I also do like that its port and fuel injected and has a 10 year powertrain.

Some will hate the DCT since they aren't as good at creeping, but it is a wet clutch (a good thing) and it does have very direct shifts, but oddly it doesn't launch as well as others with the same transmission meaning they may have programmed it for smoothness over performance.

My big gripe is that while Ford allows you to get a hybrid and a turbo in even the most barebones model, FWD or AWD is totally up to you, Hyundai doesn't even have a hybrid and the turbo is only available in highly equipped trims and only in AWD and starting at about $37K.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just giving you guys a bad time..... No need to be a jerk... 600 post isn't a Troll !!

My story
Dates are app.
Ordered a XLT Hybrid 6/21
Got tired of waiting turned it into a XL AWD 7/17
Got tired of that wait...Order a Lariat Hybrid from another dealer...
Actually test drove somebody elses XLT AWD...didn't care for it and the wife hated the looks
Got tired of that BS went looking for a Tacoma or Ridgeline
Got a chance to drive a Santa Cruz.....Bought it that day.. 10/9
Let the Dealer have the XL and make a bigger profit 12/24
Lariat came in Feb/22 Let the Dealer have it at a big profit...

So I had two Mavericks come and go.... I like the looks of it I just couldn't get past the interior..over weighted steering , flopping hood, and noise.

I'm a happy camper and I'm glad you guys like your Trucks....!
So you don't like the truck of the Forum that you are active on which is dedicated to that product...So this is more of a hobby for you then? White knighting the Santa Cruz...I can think of bigger wastes of time, but that has to be up there.

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it looks like a re-badged Subura Brat.
Don't insult my Brat, it was a much more usable and better looking. Only kidding as it was traded in for a Forester which will be traded in on a Maverick (if I can ever get one) which will be the best of both worlds. Also the Brat was renamed Baja which looks closer to the Santa Cruz.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TFL didn't show a Maverick because they don't currently have access to a Maverick. Because it's stonking hard to get ahold of a Maverick.

They compared the Maverick to the SC back when they had a press car.
Sigh yea that makes sense :(

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
C&D also showed it outperform its highway rating, which is good because 90% of my driving is just highway cruising. Turbo does really well with constant speed cruising, not as well in stop and go, which is pretty common for turbo engines in general. I also do like that its port and fuel injected and has a 10 year powertrain.

Some will hate the DCT since they aren't as good at creeping, but it is a wet clutch (a good thing) and it does have very direct shifts, but oddly it doesn't launch as well as others with the same transmission meaning they may have programmed it for smoothness over performance.

My big gripe is that while Ford allows you to get a hybrid and a turbo in even the most barebones model, FWD or AWD is totally up to you, Hyundai doesn't even have a hybrid and the turbo is only available in highly equipped trims and only in AWD and starting at about $37K.
Agreed the 37k price point for DT is bit too steep along with everything else you have to consider for driving a truck

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
So you don't like the truck of the Forum that you are active on which is dedicated to that product...So this is more of a hobby for you then? White knighting the Santa Cruz...I can think of bigger wastes of time, but that has to be up there.
As I said I like both Trucks... I have no axes to grind anywhere, I like visiting here because I was here for a half a year waiting like everyone else...
As I said I have nothing against the Maverick...It just didn't appeal to me once I drove it..
Not sure what crawled up your A?? and died but I'm not here to downgrade your choice., I'm only to see whats going on and who got their Maverick's that I know... Hey It's just a forum...

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I said I like both Trucks... I have no axes to grind anywhere, I like visiting here because I was here for a half a year waiting like everyone else...
As I said I have nothing against the Maverick...It just didn't appeal to me once I drove it..
Not sure what crawled up your A?? and died but I'm not here to downgrade your choice., I'm only to see whats going on and who got their Maverick's that I know... Hey It's just a forum...
Just pointing out your odd behavior. No matter what forum I am on, someone that doesn't like that product/item/team is always present. Seems strange to me.

Your opinion has zero impact on my day, so you are good bud.
Sponsored