First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless I was in dire need of a vehicle I would not drop anything and just take the 23' offer, whatever that will be. You get the newer model with possibly more options.

None if this should come as a shock though. Do you see this situation improving anywhere? At least Ford is trying to get ahead of this.

I don't see these constraints improving any time soon.
Sponsored

Anfernee1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mercury Mariner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Biggest questions to be answered, IMO:

1. Can carryover orders be switched to a different dealer?

2. Is the private offer amount going to be based on price differences between your MY23 order and a comprably equipped MY23 truck? Or, is going to vary based on what you ACTUALLY order for MY23. In the former scenario, it could actually really work out in your favor. For example, let's say you have the lux package in your current order, and you choose to drop it for your MY23 order. If Ford gives you a private offer compensating for the price difference, you could not only save the cost of the package but a few hundred dollars extra. Will be interesting to see how Ford handles this.

3. If you get a private offer and choose to place your MY23 order with a DIFFERENT DEALER (see question 1 above), is the private offer good there? Or, if you find a stock Maverick on a dealer lot somewhere that you want to buy, is the private offer good on that? Or, is it ONLY good when applied to the ORIGINAL, CARRIED OVER ORDER with the ORIGINAL DEALER?

At this point, I feel it's stupid to make any changes to my existing order, in mere HOPE of getting scheduled, without knowing what the options will be for MY23. I think it's better to just ride it out with my current order. If Ford can get it scheduled, great. If not, then I'll take my chance with the private offer, any potential new features/options for MY23 and hope the private offer details are generous and flexible.
This

6speedmav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
welp, just received the email

11/2 Lariat Lux Hybrid Order smh

Sponsored

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had my Maverick since January, but if I was in this predicament, I would demand they do these 2 things to compensate for this mishap:

1. No Destination Charge
2. Guaranteed Pilot 360

Other than that, I would ask for the Eruption Green, would want to have the split bench rear seat & an option for AWD drivetrain.
Wish the dealers or ford actually cared. Seems like they can get away with anything

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

just got it..10/13 hybrid lariat lux

i wonder with this private offer discount(to address price protection), would we still be eligilbe for the financing options that were available last year? (ie. 0% 3 yr, 1.9% 4yr)

lsudelts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick (Build Week 12/19), Ford Focus SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer called me a few months back and I had to remove a couple of options (spray in liner and 360). Ford then sent him an email confirming me a spot in this years cycle. Received a call from my dealer today about this notification above. He told me he had to take the full size spare off my order. He is extremely confident that my truck will be built for the 2022 year.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My dealer called me a few months back and I had to remove a couple of options (spray in liner and 360). Ford then sent him an email confirming me a spot in this years cycle. Received a call from my dealer today about this notification above. He told me he had to take the full size spare off my order. He is extremely confident that my truck will be built for the 2022 year.
His confidence, and a dollar, will get you a coffee at McDonald's.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it'll get you a Maverick from Ford.

stlouischiefs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe, Cactus Grey XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my email, but doesn't matter much. Got tired of waiting and decided to buy a Colorado instead. Already let the dealer know, but i guess they don't update the email address on the order when someone backs out.

Sponsored

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any guesses on what options Ford will change for next year? I have a feeling that they’re going to drop the SIBL.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got the email. :cry:

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought the interesting thing here is that they're hinting they'll start building up dealer inventory with unconstrained 22 model years built without constraints to keep the factory busy.

Meanwhile, Santa Cruz inventory is increasing. Local dealers I've previously contacted are starting to cold call me, and I've even had a one offer below MSRP.

My constrained 3-September-ordered Maverick has a VIN and I hope a build date soon, so I'll stick with the Maverick for now. But any Ford funny games that push delivery past mid-September, and I'm off to the Hyundai dealer. If I do that, I'll keep my Maverick order to flip because right now it's money in the bank with very little effort.

I think another factor we'll all be considering is what gets announced by Hyundai and Ford and maybe others for the 23 model year. Those announcements are coming in late summer.

OniZanza

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got this email myself. Guess it's going to be a 2023 MY. Hope they have all the issues worked out by then and we get some new options to choose from that weren't available on the '22 MY. Take care all.
Sponsored