Sponsored

This Ford Dealership apparently didn’t need my money.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No they don’t get their kickback if the loan doesn’t last 90 days. They get better payoff if they use a sell rate over a buy rate too. Some dealers will lie and say you can’t pay off before three payments. Just say ok no problem and then refinance the same day.

And with the extended warranty, if the dealer says that’s required, just buy it and then call the manufacturer as soon as you leave the office and get the cancellation started.
When I bought my EV in 2019 the dealer tried to tell me the same thing and there was a $1000 incentive to finance with them so I did and then immediately paid it off. I thought that was a no brainer!
Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s not just Ford so you better read all the documents and be prepared exclamation

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, very long thread and very sad! I hate hearing stories like this and I am so sorry that 0P had to have this much stress purchasing a vehicle!

I’m waiting to see a link to the OP’s Google review for this dealer so all of us can like the review and put it at the top of the page! Yelp reviews can be deleted by the dealer and Google reviews by other than the OP can be removed. Ask me and check the reviews of Gary Yeomans Daytona Beach.

OP
OP
BlueXL_73

BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate everyone's comments, but for everyone regurgitating the opinion that I should have just taken the financing, and refinanced I will respond as an earlier poster responded to me; that is coulda woulda shoulda...I did not. The basis of my complaint is the dealership's actions after I chose to not voluntarily take their financing, and refinance with my own.

That opinion has been posted enough that anyone who might encounter this thread in the future will be aware that the option is available to them, however it is distracting from the actual topic of this discussion the dealer's deceptive practice to manipulate me into using their financing after I refused.

Whether I should have known better, or what you would have done in my place is irrelevant. The fact is this dealership at the very least tried to deceive me into believing that I bought the truck when I did not. They did not send a binding buyers order to my credit union, they sen their own in house document. That is not an opinion it is a fact of which I have proof, and that is what I am trying to make people aware of.

Please stop posting that opinion, I am not telling anyone not to take advantage of this option, just what may happen if you choose not to.

Ford corporate is aware of this, I have spoken to them 3 times, my last contact was March 7th, any action they may or may not have taken, I have yet to be made aware of. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to which the dealership has 14 days to respond. If that produces no results I will file a complaint with the consumer protection division of the state attorney general's office. If nothing comes of any of that action, so be it. At least I tried.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In June I call these dummies to inquire about placing an order for the Maverick. They were as uninformed and clueless as one can be so I passed. Thank my lucky stars!

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many years ago, I purchased a new Hyundai Tiburon from a St. Louis area dealer. After a three-hour drive there and hours of paperwork, I signed whatever and took the car home. Upon inspecting the paperwork that weekend I realized that they had signed me up for a loan with what was the going rates for credit cards back then. I called them up on Monday and told them there was no way I was paying that and they could pick up the car. The funny thing is that the loan was with a different branch of the same bank I already used, so I ended up calling my bank and they redid the loan at a much lower APR. In hindsight, the Tiburon was a lousy car and I would've been better off if the dealer had taken it back. lol

Last edited:

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After doing extensive research on all the dealerships in dfw I went with 5 star ford Dallas and I’m glad I did 100% bs free and fantastic service, they even pay for my first oil change.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
C'mon man that was 2078 words. two and a half single spaced pages. My 12th grade English teacher wouldn't have accepted a book report on War and Peace that short.
Bored, 2078 words

OP
OP
BlueXL_73

BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, very long thread and very sad! I hate hearing stories like this and I am so sorry that 0P had to have this much stress purchasing a vehicle!

I’m waiting to see a link to the OP’s Google review for this dealer so all of us can like the review and put it at the top of the page! Yelp reviews can be deleted by the dealer and Google reviews by other than the OP can be removed. Ask me and check the reviews of Gary Yeomans Daytona Beach.
The dealership blocked my Google reviews I submitted 2 and re-edited both. They can be seen when signed in under my profile. They can't be seen under anyone else's I've been checking for a month. I don't know how they did it, Google says it's not possible, but they also said if you submit too many the computer thinks it's spam, so I don't think a review is happening. It's also not my profile, I've submitted reviews for other places since then that are public in 5 minutes

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueXL_73

BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bored, 2078 words
Yeah, it is... but if you turned in 2000 words you'd be lucky to get a D, and my English teacher would have torn it up and told you to write it again. I'm not joking, I saw that happen. 2000 words is not much to write, even less to read.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
If that produces no results I will file a complaint with the consumer protection division of the state attorney general's office. If nothing comes of any of that action, so be it. At least I tried.
Don't wait on that, do it now. They are busy and things take time, the older something is when it lands on a desk, the less likely it is pursued.

They won't try to make you whole on a BBB complaint, but there's a small chance a complaint to the DA has them try to cure.

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I read some of these stories regarding "less than good" attempts to buy a vehicle, they don’t seem much different from those that have occurred over the years (and I have experienced a few myself when I was a bit more naive). They are truly magnified by the power of communication (i.e. internet) and the current market forces that “may” be making their occurrence more frequent and perhaps empowering some of the dealers to push the envelope more than ever.

I second the recommendation to write a detailed and factual account (including time lines, etc) to the state attorney general’s office. In my experience they take a liking to investigating consumer fraud and mistreatment and give the “little guy” the benefit of the doubt and a bit of clout. I’ve had a out of state car purchase completely negated and receive full refund of all costs (including shipping both ways) when I was sold a vehicle that was mis-represented. The best part is the AG works for you, the taxpayer and any action on your behalf is no cost.

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could contact your local TV station or their local TV station if they are in another town. They may want to do a story. One of our stations has an investigative reporter.

Niners789

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
I appreciate everyone's comments, but for everyone regurgitating the opinion that I should have just taken the financing, and refinanced I will respond as an earlier poster responded to me; that is coulda woulda shoulda...I did not. The basis of my complaint is the dealership's actions after I chose to not voluntarily take their financing, and refinance with my own.

That opinion has been posted enough that anyone who might encounter this thread in the future will be aware that the option is available to them, however it is distracting from the actual topic of this discussion the dealer's deceptive practice to manipulate me into using their financing after I refused.

Whether I should have known better, or what you would have done in my place is irrelevant. The fact is this dealership at the very least tried to deceive me into believing that I bought the truck when I did not. They did not send a binding buyers order to my credit union, they sen their own in house document. That is not an opinion it is a fact of which I have proof, and that is what I am trying to make people aware of.

Please stop posting that opinion, I am not telling anyone not to take advantage of this option, just what may happen if you choose not to.

Ford corporate is aware of this, I have spoken to them 3 times, my last contact was March 7th, any action they may or may not have taken, I have yet to be made aware of. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to which the dealership has 14 days to respond. If that produces no results I will file a complaint with the consumer protection division of the state attorney general's office. If nothing comes of any of that action, so be it. At least I tried.
Sponsored