Sponsored

My ford dealership rewards my patience with a nice surprise!

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes and he placed three separate orders, the OP only placed the one so the dealer is telling him that he can't have the two trucks for one order.
Let me be slightly skeptical…anyone could prob buy this truck as it was a cancelled order. So free for all. They said they had to “cancel” the existing order, which who knows if it will be cancelled or if they’ll have her waive it and take it in later as stock and mark it up. You just never know.

That being said, the dealer did the right thing in this situation by providing a vehicle with no ADM since the OP had an order. So even if they did do as described above, no harm no foul. So props to the dealer either way.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Aparadox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Beautiful but I also don’t know anything about a FITs kit. You really lucked out!
It's a set of toolkits (including bins, dividers, etc) that can be attached to the FIT slot at the rear console. If your order is an hybrid then the dealership would offer you a set for free.

OP
OP

Aparadox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me be slightly skeptical…anyone could prob buy this truck as it was a cancelled order. So free for all. They said she had to “cancel” her existing order, which who knows if it will be cancelled or if they’ll have her waive it and take it in later as stock and mark it up. You just never know.

That being said, the dealer did the right thing in this situation by giving her a vehicle with no ADM since she had an order. So even if they did do as described above, no harm no foul. So props to the dealer either way.
I agree with you. They probably won't really cancel it but forwarding my order to the next guy in line with no ADM. In this case I don't see anything morally wrong.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a set of toolkits (including bins, dividers, etc) that can be attached to the FIT slot at the rear console. If your order is an hybrid then the dealership would offer you a set for free.
I doubt my salesman will know anything about it because he only seems to be interested in sales, not knowledge about the vehicle:confused: I will be sure to ask though! Thank you!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
After placing my order on June 23rd for a maverick I haven't head yet a thing from ford. Even worse I made a terrible decision around Nov switching my build to a lariat causing my order to be reset... Nevertheless, my salesman texted me last night that a guy just backed out his newly arrived hybrid lariat lux and asked if I am interested in since I am the oldest order holder that doesn't have a build date yet!
Went to the dealership this morning, was expecting a HUGE mark up, but my salesman told me that the dealership wouldn't do any markup to any customer. Indeed I am surprised! He then told me that around 20 customers are on the waitlist for this maverick and I am first one on the waitlist thanks to my position in their system. Needless to say, my mind is set. My order is a cactus grey lariat and this one is an alto blue with the lux/moonroof. Blue is less appealing for me but Ford really did a good job making it shine! The additional moonroof and lux package is not needed, but a good add-on as I decide to keep this vehicle for a long time.
An even bigger surprise is that this maverick is invoiced before the price cutoff date so I am paying more than 1k less on the MSRP. I almost felt like this becomes a smoking deal once I realize that.
Unfortunately the dealership won'y accept X-plan as they mentioned that X-plan is tied to each customer order and the order creator did not add this option. So I have to settle for that. Nonetheless I used my college rebate and that works fine. Also picked up my free FITS kit, although no one at the dealership seems to have an idea what that is until I showed them the email from Ford.

Interestingly, the sales manager FORCES me to give up and current order and take my deposit back to me. I asked him why and he said that ford would not allow them to sell two maverick to one customer. He made it clear that by purchasing this maverick, I am waiving my existing order.

I would highly recommend my dealership (Walnut Creek Ford) if you live in east Bay Area. The guys are nice to work with in general and as a first time customer, I appreciate them for not asking an 10k ADM which the salesman told me that they can easily do.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg
Congratulations! It's so good to hear that you had a good experience with Walnut Creek Ford. So lucky you were able to drive out in this Maverick, enjoy!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Aparadox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations! It's so good to hear that you had a good experience with Walnut Creek Ford. So lucky you were able to drive out in this Maverick, enjoy!
Thank you! Walnut Creek Ford is a very trustworthy dealership. The second day after my sale they again called me that they checked with Ford and would still accept my X-plan! I really admire their honesty especially in this time period.

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats...Looks AMAZING! You have the same specs/build and color I ordered on 7/16.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Walnut Creek Ford .... originally - Rett White Ford a small family owned dealership back in the day. WC was a nice quiet small town then also.... “back in the day”.

Take the deal and run....
Have fun ✔🇺🇸

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After placing my order on June 23rd for a maverick I haven't head yet a thing from ford. Even worse I made a terrible decision around Nov switching my build to a lariat causing my order to be reset... Nevertheless, my salesman texted me last night that a guy just backed out his newly arrived hybrid lariat lux and asked if I am interested in since I am the oldest order holder that doesn't have a build date yet!
Went to the dealership this morning, was expecting a HUGE mark up, but my salesman told me that the dealership wouldn't do any markup to any customer. Indeed I am surprised! He then told me that around 20 customers are on the waitlist for this maverick and I am first one on the waitlist thanks to my position in their system. Needless to say, my mind is set. My order is a cactus grey lariat and this one is an alto blue with the lux/moonroof. Blue is less appealing for me but Ford really did a good job making it shine! The additional moonroof and lux package is not needed, but a good add-on as I decide to keep this vehicle for a long time.
An even bigger surprise is that this maverick is invoiced before the price cutoff date so I am paying more than 1k less on the MSRP. I almost felt like this becomes a smoking deal once I realize that.
Unfortunately the dealership won'y accept X-plan as they mentioned that X-plan is tied to each customer order and the order creator did not add this option. So I have to settle for that. Nonetheless I used my college rebate and that works fine. Also picked up my free FITS kit, although no one at the dealership seems to have an idea what that is until I showed them the email from Ford.

Interestingly, the sales manager FORCES me to give up my current order and take my deposit back to me. I asked him why and he said that ford would not allow them to sell two maverick to one customer. He made it clear that by purchasing this maverick, I am waiving my existing order.

I would highly recommend my dealership (Walnut Creek Ford) if you live in east Bay Area. The guys are nice to work with in general and as a first time customer, I appreciate them for not asking an 10k ADM which the salesman told me that they can easily do.

Update: The second day after the sale the sales manager spoke to me that they checked with Ford to see if X-plan can still be honored in this case. And they again pushes me a big surprise that my X-plan is valid! Couldn't be happier.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg
Aparadox...AWESOME LOOK! I'm happy that things worked out for you so well on the numbers as well. Hopefully, I'll be as happy as you real soon. Wishing you many enjoyable miles in your new Maverick!

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Congrats! Great looking truck, best of luck with it!

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great looking truck!!! Is that the spray in bedliner?

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Cummins Ram 5SP, 4-Runner TRDP, TDI DSG VW

Interestingly, the sales manager FORCES me to give up my current order and take my deposit back to me. I asked him why and he said that ford would not allow them to sell two maverick to one customer. He made it clear that by purchasing this maverick, I am waiving my existing order.

Update: The second day after the sale the sales manager spoke to me that they checked with Ford to see if X-plan can still be honored in this case. And they again pushes me a big surprise that my X-plan is valid! Couldn't be happier.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg
Looks great!
I’ve heard of people ordering 2 from granger ford, which was giving 3K off on the trucks.

i Did call the Walnut Creek one, ford store in Morgan hill, San Mateo, and Daly city.

the only one that didn’t accept x plan was the one in San Mateo(putnum?). That dealership is garbage.

I’m guessing you didn’t do granger as it’s a bit of a trek out there to fly and head back.

the x-plan saves you very little from what I saw. The key thing it gave was to limit a lot of the extra fees that the dealerships like to tack on

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg
CONGRATS A GORGOUIS TRUCK SO COOL MAN

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ford logo stamped into the fwd bulkhead is pretty cool. I kept thinking that was part of the drop in bedliner until you confirmed it wasnt. I noticed I dont see it on the XL trucks. I wonder if the ford stamped fwd bulkhead is in the XLT as well, or if that's just a Lariat thing.
Sponsored