Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
My salesman and I planned my order after books were closed in June(?). My order was submitted and confirmed @ Sept 15, as a 2023. He explained the spray in liner situation
28CAEEBE-F26A-4C6E-89B6-42B7DC11B57B.jpeg
but, if I understand you correctly, I won’t get remote start unless I add it separately?
Correct
Sponsored

gronke

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim these videos have been super helpful. Like many, I had a '22 order canceled (never got a VIN). I had removed some features prior to the cancellation (Lux, 360, bedliner) in hopes of getting a build but eventually got bumped to '23 in June. I never had a VIN.

I have a build week of Dec. 5th just bumped to Dec 12th today. I am going in to talk to my dealer tomorrow and am hoping you can help me out.

The first question I have is the special incentive that I've seen mentioned in some of your threads -- is that for anyone who was bumped for '22, only for XL (and not XLT), and is it =only those who had a VIN already?

The second question is about adding features back, specifically the 360 package (just drove a rental car with some of those features and feels like a real no brainer technology at this point). The salesperson tells me adding anything will result in a "new order" and bump me down in line, but it sure sounds from your videos like that's not true.

(I think I'm dealing with a new salesperson, I've gotten handed off twice already, which is why I'm going in.)

Last question, I see in one of your videos you reference the spray in bedliner being done at the dealer. Is that something I can get done locally? Do you recommend one of the bolt on ones that Ford markets as an accessory?

Thanks again, you are a real asset on this forum.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Tim these videos have been super helpful. Like many, I had a '22 order canceled (never got a VIN). I had removed some features prior to the cancellation (Lux, 360, bedliner) in hopes of getting a build but eventually got bumped to '23 in June. I never had a VIN.

I have a build week of Dec. 5th just bumped to Dec 12th today. I am going in to talk to my dealer tomorrow and am hoping you can help me out.

The first question I have is the special incentive that I've seen mentioned in some of your threads -- is that for anyone who was bumped for '22, only for XL (and not XLT), and is it =only those who had a VIN already?

The second question is about adding features back, specifically the 360 package (just drove a rental car with some of those features and feels like a real no brainer technology at this point). The salesperson tells me adding anything will result in a "new order" and bump me down in line, but it sure sounds from your videos like that's not true.

(I think I'm dealing with a new salesperson, I've gotten handed off twice already, which is why I'm going in.)

Last question, I see in one of your videos you reference the spray in bedliner being done at the dealer. Is that something I can get done locally? Do you recommend one of the bolt on ones that Ford markets as an accessory?

Thanks again, you are a real asset on this forum.
1. Are you talking about the Private Offer? If you had a 22MY order that had a COVP approval, you will receive a private offer of $1750 for ecoboost, $2750 for hybrid.

2. On your 23 order, it is a new order, so you can add whatever you want to the order. Any changes to the trim, body code, or sales type will affect the order date to the day you made those changes. But changes to packages and stand alone options will have no penalty.

3. There are many places you can get a spray-in bedliner, in fact I would be surprised if your dealer couldn't help out with that.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Are you talking about the Private Offer? If you had a 22MY order that had a COVP approval, you will receive a private offer of $1750 for ecoboost, $2750 for hybrid.
Does the dealer take the private offer reduction before or after sales tax is applied?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the dealer take the private offer reduction before or after sales tax is applied?
I think Tim has stated the Private Offer is in the form of a rebate. When I bought my S-10, the state charged me sales tax based on the price BEFORE the rebate came off. Annoying.

Sponsored

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

2. On your 23 order, it is a new order, so you can add whatever you want to the order. Any changes to the trim, body code, or sales type will affect the order date to the day you made those changes. But changes to packages and stand alone options will have no penalty.

3. There are many places you can get a spray-in bedliner, in fact I would be surprised if your dealer couldn't help out with that.
Tim, regarding your point #1, I've seen 'COVP' mentioned in other discussions (in terms of price protection, but I thought it doesn't apply to transitioned 23MY order?), but I never have clearly understood what it means or whether my MY22 order "had a COVP approval".

I'm concerned now if it's a requirement for the $2750 Private Offer. Is there a simple way to confirm or conclude that my 22MY order had a COVP approval? My printed Order Summaries (both 22MY priority 19 and 23MY priority 10) both indicate "Type: Retail" - is that an COVP indicator? 22MY order shows "Price Level: 220", while 23MY order shows "Price Level: 320" - is that significant?

Note: Just yesterday I FINALLY got my dealer to create the priority 10 23MY order. I've stressed the issues repeatedly and my dealer today verbally assured me that my previewed priority 10 23MY order is all set, that the Private Offer shouldn't be a problem, and that my email communications from Ford should continue and also not be a problem. Just wish I had more confidence in them.

Tim, THANKS AGAIN! In the end, I would love to know how many future Maverick owners never would have obtained their Maverick were it not for your incredible support as well as support from the many great members of this group. If I do obtain my Maverick, I can say FOR SURE there's no way it would have happened if I hadn't watched your youtube videos and then joined this group. What a 13 month ride this has been...

gronke

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Also singing your praise, Tim, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

When I wrote yesterday saying "I understand they are below capacity on Co-Pilot 360" he said "Ok I added it." YAY! The spouse will be happy.

Same question as the last poster on "COVP", not sure what that means. Would a call to Ford Marketing help me out here?

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Tim, regarding your point #1, I've seen 'COVP' mentioned in other discussions (in terms of price protection, but I thought it doesn't apply to transitioned 23MY order?), but I never have clearly understood what it means or whether my MY22 order "had a COVP approval".

I'm concerned now if it's a requirement for the $2750 Private Offer. Is there a simple way to confirm or conclude that my 22MY order had a COVP approval? My printed Order Summaries (both 22MY priority 19 and 23MY priority 10) both indicate "Type: Retail" - is that an COVP indicator? 22MY order shows "Price Level: 220", while 23MY order shows "Price Level: 320" - is that significant?

Note: Just yesterday I FINALLY got my dealer to create the priority 10 23MY order. I've stressed the issues repeatedly and my dealer today verbally assured me that my previewed priority 10 23MY order is all set, that the Private Offer shouldn't be a problem, and that my email communications from Ford should continue and also not be a problem. Just wish I had more confidence in them.

Tim, THANKS AGAIN! In the end, I would love to know how many future Maverick owners never would have obtained their Maverick were it not for your incredible support as well as support from the many great members of this group. If I do obtain my Maverick, I can say FOR SURE there's no way it would have happened if I hadn't watched your youtube videos and then joined this group. What a 13 month ride this has been...
The dealer had to put in the COVP to Ford last year on the 22 order. Only they can look up whether they got the approval. Check out tonight's livestream on how to get the dealer to look up whether you got your private offer.

Sponsored

gronke

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer had to put in the COVP to Ford last year on the 22 order. Only they can look up whether they got the approval. Check out tonight's livestream on how to get the dealer to look up whether you got your private offer.
Hey someone is there with Tim!

Thanks Tim, that was clear, and I sent that info along to my dealer. Hoping I can see that private offer.

iwantamav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hatchback
@fordvideoguy I know you mentioned if we did not receive a private offer for our cancelled 22/rollover to 23 to have our dealer contact Ford's incentives dept. I have 2 orders w/ 2 different dealers (I actually need both of them, it wasn't to order two and keep one), but only 1 private offer.

I tried to ask Ford if they can tell me which order properly generated that private offer, but they said they cannot tell. Is that correct? Because then, how do I know which dealer to go to to try to get Ford to straighten it out?..they will just point the finger to the other one.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy I know you mentioned if we did not receive a private offer for our cancelled 22/rollover to 23 to have our dealer contact Ford's incentives dept. I have 2 orders w/ 2 different dealers (I actually need both of them, it wasn't to order two and keep one), but only 1 private offer.

I tried to ask Ford if they can tell me which order properly generated that private offer, but they said they cannot tell. Is that correct? Because then, how do I know which dealer to go to to try to get Ford to straighten it out?..they will just point the finger to the other one.
That is true, they can only see that the certificate/private offer is there or not.
Sponsored