Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like we are in the same boat now - mine was unloaded after lunch. Did you hear anything from your dealer?

1675971576605.png
I emailed him this morning and asked him to look in VINView to verify. The sales manager replied and said my truck was in Mesquite and my new delivery date was updated from 20 Feb to 17 Feb. He also said don't be surprised if it gets here earlier since it's only 150 miles away.
Sponsored

OP
OP
E30andrew

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hell yeah man, thats awesome!

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven’t heard from dealer yet regards vinview and ford chat were no help. It’s weird that Hermosillo is on the west coast so you would assume a straight shot uk by rail but apparently not
Looking at the BNSF and other rail maps, it is likely they all go east and come up through El Paso, but I could be wrong.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Luxury FX4 Package Alas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine shipped the day after it finished production and took 18 days to arrive at my dealer in GA. I feel like I got unusually lucky though.

I'm picking it up tomorrow :)
Awesome That does sound lucky! Happy for you. Happy driving

Mike_CK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes you would think this process would be more streamlined but it ain’t
Looking at the BNSF and other rail maps, it is likely they all go east and come up through El Paso, but I could be wrong.
ah the fed ex approach, let’s send anything for the west coast to the east first and then double back 😂

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like many of you, I have been trying to obsessively track my Maverick since it got on a train in Hermosillo and began its journey. I had to chat with Ford Chat a dozen times to finally get an agent that could provide me a rail car number, as my sales rep at the dealer didn't have one.

As it turns out, Vehicle Visibility, the program that many dealers have been using to track new vehicles, was discontinued on Feb 1st, 2023. (which would explain why the Vehicle Visibility report my dealer was pulling only showed my truck getting to Nogales AZ on the 30th, and no updates past that).

This system has been replaced by VINView, which came out back in October to give dealers 4 months to adopt it before Vehicle Visibility went away. This system gives dealers better real time tracking info, and the ability to share the real time updates with their customers.

As I suspected, when I brought this up to my sales rep this morning, they had never even heard of VinView. After they chatted with their Manager for a bit, it turns out they did have it but were not actively using it. My rep got back to me that they signed me up for real time alerts, and a few minutes later I got this!

1675794959915.png

If you are tired of calling the automated phone system everyday for an update, give your dealer a call and see if they have access to VinView.
Vehicle Visibility also showed:

Scheduled to "Build Week" and "Build Day" information
and when in Production: "Sent to Plant", "Body Shop", "trim Line" etc

Is that information available in VINView?

Ford Maverick Ask your dealer about VINView if you're eager to track your Maverick order In Production - Trim Line.JPG

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vehicle Visibility also showed:

Scheduled to "Build Week" and "Build Day" information
and when in Production: "Sent to Plant", "Body Shop", "trim Line" etc

Is that information available in VINView?

In Production - Trim Line.JPG
Answering my own question as yes that information is available in VinView.

This is from an email sent from my dealer on my MY23 order via VinView:

Ford Maverick Ask your dealer about VINView if you're eager to track your Maverick order Status History 2023-09-08

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer could not supply the VinView info so had to take upon myself to call chat, get the railcar # and follow it via the 800 number. Works great. Current status Selkirk, NY marshaling yard. Next stop W. Brookfield, MA, end of the rail journey.
Sponsored