First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m very pleased with the ride of my Maverick Lariat AWD. Sporty ride. Not a soft ride. Fun to drive. Also nowhere near as harsh as a leaf sprung truck and still maintains a respectable payload capacity.
Sponsored

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my hybrid and the way it rides! Of course I'm coming from a 2016 Ford Focus and a 2016 Subaru Impreza ( no luxury cars there), but I'm always ready to jump in the truck for a ride anywhere ;). To me it drives smooth, love the eCVT, it's relatively quiet, and really has more punch than my 2.0 Ford Focus! And I didn't pay 75 or 80K for it!!! Oh, and did I mention the gas mileage:ROFLMAO:

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I have a Lariat Hybrid coming in....Maybe :) they keep moving the date. I'll test drive it....If I like I might sell my Santa Cruz...To Carmax or one of those other online dealers.. I doubt Ford will deal because they would be hoping I'd let them have it back so they can jack up the price and make a bigger profit... SO until the Lariat gets here ..everything is in theory :)

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still trying to figure out what a "harsh" ride is. Cough cough.

Anyway, they're seeing that "passing power" too. It's legit

Sponsored

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll test drive it....If I like I might sell my Santa Cruz...To Carmax or one of those other online dealers..
Would love to hear your impressions on the ride quality difference. Car and Driver for the SC listed the ride quality in their "pros" section and for the Mav in the "cons" section, but haven't seen anyone else actually compare them side-by-side mention it.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The novelty of the Maverick has been gradually wearing off the longer I wait. I especially don't like hearing this because of disappointment with the ride of a vehicle we've owned for several years. Starting to have second thoughts....
Understandable. The rest of the truck has exceeded my expectations at the price point, but definitely didn’t expect for it to be harsher than my Honda Fit.

Also, keep in mind, the AWD ecoboost apparently rides smoother with different rear suspension.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The novelty of the Maverick has been gradually wearing off the longer I wait. I especially don't like hearing this because of disappointment with the ride of a vehicle we've owned for several years. Starting to have second thoughts....
I understand as well. I've heard the issue with ride quality a few other places.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Understandable. The rest of the truck has exceeded my expectations at the price point, but definitely didn’t expect for it to be harsher than my Honda Fit.

Also, keep in mind, the AWD ecoboost apparently rides smoother with different rear suspension.
I'm coming from a 2011 fit sport and my hybrid Mav def rides much smoother for me. It's not a luxury ride and you can feel the road for sure. Basically right inbetween an escape and a ranger which makes total sense.

montyql

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Alto Blue w/lux package and moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

As a reminder, they had also reviewed a XLT Ecoboost FX4 a while back:

My maverick is almost identical to this one(except I have a moonroof) and they nailed my biggest nitpicks.
1. Instrument screen that doesn’t show you much and wastes space.(why can’t a have EV coach and a digital speedometer?)
2. Stop and go pop up on infotainment screen.(I do know this can be gotten rid of, but you have to exit CarPlay every trip and click ok)
3. Volume and fan speed pop up on infotainment screen.

All in all, I still love it. Good vehicle. It would nice if there were some software updates that fixed these.

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I test drove an AWD Ecoboost demo with the independent rear suspension. It rode pretty well. A little stiffer in the rear over railroad tracks, but that's to be expected for any vehicle designed with payload capacity. I'll just have to see what I think of the ride once it comes in, whenever that is. :)

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a truck, not a luxury sedan. Trucks have harsh rides.

Getting a truck and complaining about the harsh ride is like getting a dog and complaining about having to take them out for walks.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's a truck, not a luxury sedan. Trucks have harsh rides.

Getting a truck and complaining about the harsh ride is like getting a dog and complaining about having to take them out for walks.
Yeah trucks in general ride firmer than luxury sedans and I'm OK with that. I test drove an AWD model and the ride was acceptable. I've ridden in some newer full sized trucks (F150, Ram) and they rode fine, too. (Better riding than older models of the 70s and 80s.) I just don't want the hybrid to have a harsh ride compared to the AWD model and other trucks.

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the way the hybrid rides. Doesn't seem at all harsh. Tight, but not harsh.
I've got a feeling that people that have driven trucks there whole lives think it's pretty smooth, those getting in a truck for the first time ...not so much.
Sponsored