• NOTE: THE MEMBERS MARKETPLACE SECTION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY - I.E. SELLING ITEMS/PARTS FROM YOUR PERSONAL VEHICLE ONLY. ANY SALES OF ITEMS MADE FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (I.E. MAKING/SELLING MULTIPLE ITEMS, TAKING ORDERS, ETC) BY ACCOUNTS NOT AUTHORIZED TO CONDUCT COMMERCIAL SALES ON THE SITE IS A DIRECT VIOLATION OF OUR FORUM RULES AND TERMS OF SERVICE AND WILL RESULT IN THE PERMANENT SUSPENSION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.

    ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 13, 2023 ⛔️ 

    ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 13, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

    ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

    Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Wisconsin Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lane
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Threads
15
Messages
421
Reaction score
999
Location
Central Wisconsin
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
--> $20 for one bracket, $35 for two. Add $5 flat shipping for whatever you buy (see my signature at the bottom of this message for the other things I make).

Like many here, I added a tailgate strut and then the tailgate won't close with the stock tiedown bracket in place. So I made one out of scrap metal I had in a bin and posted it in my build thread here, and others asked if I'd be interested in making a few more. I have a few of these available.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut BRACKET 1 SM


Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut BRACKET 2 SM


The steel is thicker than it needs to be, 1/8". Cut, bent, drilled & chamfered, corners radiused, welded, sanded, and powdercoated in either of two finishes for $20 each. Add $5 for a flat shipping cost and that covers anything else that you may want to purchase at the same time as well (see my signature for the other items I make & offer.

On my truck, I have the factory Ford spray-in bedliner which DOES NOT get sprayed on the gate surface where the bracket mounts.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut bedliner1

I use my truck and this configuration as a drilling template for the bracket's bolt holes. They are pretty exact and they don't offer much wiggle room. Each bracket is fitted to my gate as I build it to be certain the fit is right.

Some companies offering aftermarket spray-in bedliners remove the brackets first, and then spray the liner. If the liner isn't sprayed too thick in that area, my bracket has good odds of fitting over it without issue.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut bedliner4


But if it's sprayed thick in that location, you may have to make some adjustments for it to fit. That may include masking the area of the bracket's top footprint and using coarse sandpaper to remove some of the bedliner's texture/thickness in that area. You can also drill the bracket's lower hole one size larger, or elongate it with a rotary tool.

If you have a drop-in bedliner - the placement and angle of the loop on the bracket allow enough space between the bed side and the loop when the gate is closed to accommodate the thickness of the bedliner on that side wall. On the gate itself, the bracket cannot be mounted over the top of the plastic liner due to its thickness. When the bracket is mounted to the gate, the side of the gate's plastic liner will butt right up against the loop in most cases with no issue. It is often a pretty tight fit though.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut bedliner2


In some cases, owners have wanted more space around the loop or didn't want as tight of a fit against it and have chosen to slightly notch the gate liner's plastic around the bracket.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut bedliner3a


To summarize - In most cases, my bracket fits most bedliner brands/types with no issues. But in some cases, adjustments or modifications may be required. I am mentioning it so that you are aware.

Because I make these one at a time by hand, my welding may not look as perfect as one that comes out of a factory in China. But it is well-built and solid and it works like it should, and of course, it's made in the USA. In addition, the materials that I use to make the brackets are made in the USA as well - the steel bar stock, chain links, and powdercoating powders.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut process1

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut process2


Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut usa


PayPal is strongly preferred, but if you don't have PayPal and need me to list one for purchase on eBay, I can do that as well. If you have an interest, please send me a private message (don't post to this thread). The amount is limited. Be aware that I'm not a fabricator. I make things because I enjoy making things. And because some accessories just cost too much, and they shouldn't.



My thanks go to @Dean S (his thread here) who came up with this outstanding minimalist design and shared it with us.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut proof
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

mav ir

2.5L Hybrid
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like many here, I added a tailgate strut and then the tailgate won't close with the stock tiedown bracket in place. So I made one out of scrap metal I had in a bin and posted it in my build thread here, and others asked if I'd be interested in making a few more.

I have a few of these available. The steel is thicker than it needs to be, 1/8". Cut, bent, drilled, chamfered, corners radiused, welded, sanded, powdercoated, and shipped to your door for $25 each, shipping is included.

View attachment 157371
View attachment 157372

Sorry, I can accept PayPal only at this time. If you have an interest, please send me a private message (don't post to this thread) with how many you'd like. The amount is limited. Be aware that I'm not a fabricator. I make things because I enjoy making things. And because some accessories just cost too much, and they shouldn't. Because I make these one at a time by hand, it may not look as perfect as one that comes out of a factory in China. But it is well-built and solid and it works like it should, and of course, it's made in the USA. My thanks go to @Dean S (his thread here) who came up with this outstanding minimalist idea.

proof.jpg
Hi Lane - I would love to get one.... if you send me the Payapl address, I'll send the payment.

Thanks for the solution!
 

Goosey

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Nov 23, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
90
Reaction score
48
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still have some?
 
OP
OP
Lane

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lane
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Threads
15
Messages
421
Reaction score
999
Location
Central Wisconsin
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still have some?
Yes, some still available! Please send a private message if you'd like one (if a person isn't familiar - click my profile pic, then "start conversation").
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lane

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lane
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Threads
15
Messages
421
Reaction score
999
Location
Central Wisconsin
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now available - a choice between powder coat finishes. Satin is closer to the finish of the other factory bracket, and wrinkle looks a bit more like a bedliner texture.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut Eastwood Wrinkle vs. Prismatic Cat #3.JPG


And if you want to purchase two brackets so they match each other perfectly, I'll include a second bracket for an additional $15 (savings of $5). So a pair would be $40 shipped.
 
Last edited:

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
123
Reaction score
118
Location
NJ
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine last week. Have not installed yet but look great! Thanks!!!
 

Sovande

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Matt
Joined
May 16, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
124
Reaction score
361
Location
Alexandria, VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine last week and installed it with zero issues. Definitely looks great and solves the problem!
 
Sponsored

Lindpoint

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Jun 23, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Eagle River, Alaska
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2024 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now available - a choice between powder coat finishes. Satin is closer to the finish of the other factory bracket, and wrinkle looks a bit more like a bedliner texture.

Eastwood Wrinkle vs. Prismatic Cat #3.JPG


And if you want to purchase two brackets so they match each other perfectly, I'll include a second bracket for an additional $15 (savings of $10).
Now available - a choice between powder coat finishes. Satin is closer to the finish of the other factory bracket, and wrinkle looks a bit more like a bedliner texture.

Eastwood Wrinkle vs. Prismatic Cat #3.JPG


And if you want to purchase two brackets so they match each other perfectly, I'll include a second bracket for an additional $15 (savings of $10).
I would like a satin black one if you still have more. Thanks
 

Bret1t

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
Bret
Joined
Aug 12, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
17
Reaction score
31
Location
Southern Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to give Lane a shoutout.

I ordered two of the wrinkle finish tie downs last Wednesday and they were in my mailbox Friday.

They look great and if I can get 15 minutes of free time, I'll drop them on.

Nice job and great service.
Thanks
 
OP
OP
Lane

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lane
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Threads
15
Messages
421
Reaction score
999
Location
Central Wisconsin
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to give Lane a shoutout.

I ordered two of the wrinkle finish tie downs last Wednesday and they were in my mailbox Friday.

They look great and if I can get 15 minutes of free time, I'll drop them on.

Nice job and great service.
Thanks
Thanks Bret!
 
OP
OP
Lane

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lane
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Threads
15
Messages
421
Reaction score
999
Location
Central Wisconsin
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine arrived today (got here fast) and it was an easy install with a perfect fit. Thank you Lane for sharing these with all of us.
IMG_1435.jpeg
Thanks Steven! Just so it's known that it's a good fit with your drop-in bed liner - what brand of bed liner is that? Thanks.
Sponsored

 
 







Top