• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 13, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 13, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: New York For Sale: Tailgate Tiedowns That Work With Tailgate Assist Strut

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick For Sale: Tailgate Tiedowns That Work With Tailgate Assist Strut PXL_20231007_223859324

Listing for custom fabricated tailgate tiedowns that work with tailgate assist strut. These are welded from 1/8" mild steel plate and galvanized chain, primed with automotive primer and painted with Rust-Oleum black wheel paint. You can see one attached to my Maverick. These will work with beds with no liner or factory spray in liner, not sure about drop-in liners as I don't have one to test. I've made 12 of theses, may make more if they are well received and I have time. Thanks for looking.
Ford Maverick For Sale: Tailgate Tiedowns That Work With Tailgate Assist Strut PXL_20231002_204931585
Ford Maverick For Sale: Tailgate Tiedowns That Work With Tailgate Assist Strut PXL_20231002_204927563
Ford Maverick For Sale: Tailgate Tiedowns That Work With Tailgate Assist Strut PXL_20231002_205001967
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Been waiting for someone to come out with a tie down that works with the tailgate assist and screws into the tailgate at two points.

I'll take one.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They look very good. How do you accept payment?

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They look very good. How do you accept payment?
PayPal or Venmo unless you know another. PM me and I'll provide my email after confirming I still have some available, shipped 3 this morning.

Sponsored

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
are they connected to existing holes in the body?

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
are they connected to existing holes in the body?
It replaces the factory tailgate tiedown, using the same screws and holes, but works with the assist strut in place.

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It replaces the factory tailgate tiedown, using the same screws and holes, but works with the assist strut in place.
thanks

Stevezilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevezilla (hybrid XLT)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Mazda Tribute
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm interested. Will send DM with info. Take PayPal?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5 left at the moment, 2 of these are pending.

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did that too. It works fine as a tie-down, but does stick out above the surface of the tailgate and into the cargo area. It can catch on things from time to time, so you have to keep it in mind when handling delicate stuff like furniture. All in all, it works for me but is not as perfect as it could have been if Ford had planned better for a tailgate damper.
Ford Maverick For Sale: Tailgate Tiedowns That Work With Tailgate Assist Strut TieDown

Those of you who are TIG welders, please be kind. I don't do a lot of work in aluminum...

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks nice, I like it. Part of the reason I used the chain link is so there wouldn't be sharp edges to catch things, it's so close to the edge of the box though I doubt it would be an issue. I agree it's disappointing Ford didn't think it through and DeeZee should have provided something in the kit, when mass produced it wouldn't cost much to add.

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine