Sponsored

Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick

I am interested in what people opinion is on adding ‘Maverick’ lettering to the Tailgate

• Total voters

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Installed Bronze letters today to go with my Bronze wheels

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick 20230605_171957_resized

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick 20230602_191136_resized
Sponsored

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Carbon fiber coming for Father’s Day

SleepySin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered mine in Oxford White and plan to get the raised lettering filled with either:

- matte/satin black
- dark gray to match the custom decal work that’s coming
- white with black outlining (if anyone sees this color combo available as a raised lettering option, as opposed to flat vinyl, please let me know)

Pick up day is tomorrow! Just under 6 months waiting 😜

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy for you Sleepy! May the purchase process go smoothly and your Mav runs like a champion..

Sponsored

Brijar92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda CR-V
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the matte black 3D on my Atlas Blue. I was really undecided over a number of other choices that would have been more extreme, but finally decided to go with something similar to the black trim on the truck. I've been very happy with the choice.

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick 1686025420518

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I installed the Tufskinz letters in matte black. A little pricey at $59 but they are high quality and a Ford accessory. I ordered them directly from Tufskinz. I think the molded letters much easier to install than the vinyl ones. I was hesitant about putting letters on the tailgate, but from a distance, without the letters and not close enough to see the debossed letters, the rear tailgate looks like it has this big blank spot and the letters kind of fill that in.

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick letters1

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick letters2

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I installed the Tufskinz letters in matte black. A little pricey at $59 but they are high quality and a Ford accessory. I ordered them directly from Tufskinz. I think the molded letters much easier to install than the vinyl ones. I was hesitant about putting letters on the tailgate, but from a distance, without the letters and not close enough to see the debossed letters, the rear tailgate looks like it has this big blank spot and the letters kind of fill that in.
<< snip >>
Hmmm. Look a LOT like the 3D raised black letters I got on Amazon for $20.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
‘To a blind person this would make no difference in appearance or value’ quote Stevie Wonder

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hmmm. Look a LOT like the 3D raised black letters I got on Amazon for $20.
Looks similar. But the Tufskinz one aren't ABS plastic as far as I can tell. They have a slight give to them almost like a hard rubbery material, they are made in the USA, have 3m adhesive and are supposed to be able to last the life of the vehicle.
Not saying the Amazon ones are bad or that the Tufskinz ones aren't a little overpriced. I don't mind paying for something for my car if it is good quality and I'm happy with them. Regardless of which people buy, I'd recommend the molded letters over the vinyl letters. I tried some vinyl ones first and I couldn't believe how thin the vinyl was. They were harder to apply and I creased a letter trying to apply it.

RCTEXAS18

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I would add a pole to see if you think the Tailgate lettering improves the appearance of the Maverick or does it look best as delivered.

Also thought for those who prefer which color is your favorite.

Obviously this is personal choice and mean no offence either way just interested in general opinion amount the group

Thank you for your time.

Lettering.jpg
Lite Blue on an Alto blue Maverick

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick 20230411_132429
Sponsored