kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might be one of the few that just likes the letters stamped in the tailgate left alone and body colored. Just more subtle to me I guess. But I have seen some I like, particularly the USA flag scheme letters. I have considered (when I eventually get the truck) doing mine in a flat black or black carbon fiber look since the truck in alto blue will be nearly black. Just a mild contrast.
Sponsored

HBTuttle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape SE
My wife has a Circut (vinyl cutter). Anybody know if there is a pattern out there or has used one for the letters. Might as well use what I have instead of buying them off Ebay.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i went with the glossy 3D black vinyl. Looks outstanding on Hot Pepper Red

Sponsored

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Added orange lettering to mine Saturday.
Got my lettering from TVD vinyl decals. $17, after getting 15% off. Regular is $19.99. Free shipping even.

Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate IMG_20220507_144852525_HDR_2

SWFLGulf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck is 3 weeks old I did the vinyl ones. Mat black I just followed the directions and it took about 45 mins. They are en exact fit. Take your time and use plenty of the soap & water solution. it came out great. (I purchased an extra set-just in case). $19.99 a set-free shipping and great instructions via print or video. Saving my points for other accessories if my dealers parts dept can figure out how to apply them!
Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate Truck 1
Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate Truck 2

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How rigid are the raised ones? My concern with vinyl is not getting them in the right spot.

Also, has anyone seen a set of super- reflective red ones? I've driven past the one in my neighborhood a few times at night, and I'd like a bit more reflectiveness when I finally get mine.
The raised ones are pretty rigid, at least the ones I got from Etsy.

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Carbonized Grey First Edition. I decided to go with matte black "flat" vinyl letters for the following reasons:

1. Flat vinyl won't hold dirt, verses raised letters.
2. Being easy to wax around/over.
2. Matte black will coordinate with rear bumper.
3. Existing FE decals are black and flat, and biggest are matte.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lightning bolt

Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate 0C29A8AD-EB39-465B-8707-12BF7E7C072E

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might be one of the few that just likes the letters stamped in the tailgate left alone and body colored. Just more subtle to me I guess. But I have seen some I like, particularly the USA flag scheme letters. I have considered (when I eventually get the truck) doing mine in a flat black or black carbon fiber look since the truck in alto blue will be nearly black. Just a mild contrast.
I'm also considering a subtle approach. I may be the only one thinking of doing this, but I plan to get some Area 51 touch-up paint, slightly tint it darker, and take the tailgate off to paint it. I'll do some experimenting first, might try adding in some glass flake or graphite. Also might try to see what doing a "highlight" and or "lowlight" edge would look like. I've been a scenic painter in the theatre for 50 years, so not a big deal to do the paint. Won't come off in the car wash as well!

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm following this thread so I can figure out which material will be the most durable. There are multiple color to complement or blend with velocity blue. Orange, silver and black are the top colors of choice. I'm going to wait til it's in my driveway (ETA July) to make a decision.

The coolest version would be solar rechargeable lettering

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm parked next to this Bronco Sport and got me wondering if white lettering might pop on the Area 51 Mav as well... my Plan A was to go with stainless steel lettering to kinda match the chrome accents and rims on my Lariat but... maybe...

Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate 1652729442441

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Evo awd, 1951 Ford F1 302, c4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put the matte black vinyl lettering on the Maverick this afternoon. Took about 25 min. Went slow starting in the middle with that nasty E first
Key is soapy spray on tailgate and the letters as you peel them. Cleaned with windex and paper towels first. $20 on eBay.[/ATTACH]

Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate IMG_20220516_133445
Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate IMG_20220516_140459

Last edited:

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked domed letters because they're more rigid than the flat counterparts, which made installation easy for an impatient amateur like me 😅
Ford Maverick Lettering on the Maverick stamp on the tailgate PXL_20220516_184822815~2
Sponsored