Sponsored

Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint)

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all,
My Velocity Blue Maverick just recently arrived and I'd like to get some tailgate lettering to make the logo stand out more, though I'm debating which color to get between a chrome silver, or a matte or glossy black. I'd love some pictures if you have either of those options on your blue truck! Thanks in advance. 😊
Congratulations! I have yet to even see one on the road where I live.
Sponsored

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw a pic on Reddit/here of the reverse, where it was a large black sticker except the lettering was cut out. I have a shadow black so I went w/ chrome but had I chose anything but black, I would have went this route
Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) 1y0e964ut4g91

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello Amanda from the great state of TN. I have a velocity blue XLT Maverick. I myself put the Chrome or stainless steel whatever you'd like to call them on my tailgate and have had a lot compliments on them over the last month. Went to a car show and Kentucky on Saturday and comments made about the Maverick and the lettering on my tailgate. Just my opinion but I really like the Chrome for stainless steel letters the most. Mag Mav
Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) IMG_20220718_171907399

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Haven't gotten mine yet. Being built next week. Velocity blue XL. Already starting to amass as much chrome trim as I can for it. The chrome lettering is on order already!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Amanda

Amanda

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you all for your responses! It's been extremely helpful in finding something that I like 😁

Question, I saw there was a matte black one that also reflects in the dark with headlights, though it was more of a flat sticker. Are there any reflective ones that are more like a raised bubble letter?

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I could have sworn that someone on the website had chrome tailgate letters outlined in black. I just got mine today and they are slick.! Got them on Ebay. Also they are domed not flat.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Gold or Yellow goes well with Blue.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) 1660768283841

BigShoots920

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw a pic on Reddit/here of the reverse, where it was a large black sticker except the lettering was cut out. I have a shadow black so I went w/ chrome but had I chose anything but black, I would have went this route
1y0e964ut4g91.jpg
Yeah I really like the way the negative spaces look on this one. I'm probably going to go this route whenever I get a build date.

Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Mav is Rapid Red. I preferred the Stainless Steel/Chrome ..... reflects day and night. The blue would look good with almost any color including white.

MavTailgateLetterDone.jpg
Those are the cut one's like I have the black platinum. Black or Stainless Chrome are the best choices for any color.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) Tailgate Letterin

OP
OP
Amanda

Amanda

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could have sworn that someone on the website had chrome tailgate letters outlined in black. I just got mine today and they are slick.! Got them on Ebay. Also they are domed not flat.
Do you have a link to this please?

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you have a link to this please?
I am not tech savvy. I got mine off Ebay from a shop called custom-emblems. In the ebay search bar type in: Chrome Black letters compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 logo tail gate insert. Instead of being just chrome or black,these are chrome with a very subtle touch of black outline. Also the emblems have a more angled dome than the usual rounded style and they are definitely not flat!! I really like them!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Amanda

Amanda

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all!
Thank you so much again for all the wonderful suggestions and advice. After doing a ton of research, I decided on a black gloss with a chrome outlining for my Velocity Blue Lariat. Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1163182475/3d-domed-raised-reflective-tailgate (option is "black with aluminum out')
I absolutely love it! Appreciate you all for helping! 😁😊

Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) Snapchat-2046054584

Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) Snapchat-1976056067

Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) Snapchat-48104121
Sponsored