Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE

R3D

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT, 97' Miata
Went with the black american flag lettering & ecoboost badge of honor 😅 this picture really shows the alto blue shades in the shade!
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 20220122_092926
Sponsored

Mike D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be going with white lettering on the tailgate of my alto blue. Give it a little old school Ford scheme to a new model. Good luck with yours, enjoy.

WPWilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am planning a gloss black for my tailgate. My color is Velocity Blue. How do you think that will look?

Reactions: Aza

Sponsored

hamerrr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 614D1264-619D-4389-A4D4-99B4E4F1A1A0

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Black Platinum

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE Letterin

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE Tailgate Letterin

wreckedbam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick: 22 Raptor; 16 M4;
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
matte black doesn't show up on Alto Blue. I did it just looks ok.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also went with the chrome look on my Alto Blue. Made it pop and looks like a factory job.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, this will be the first time I have an embossed tailgate that you can't debadge. Part of me says don't highlight it. The other part says it looks cool with the lettering a different color, but that defeats debadging.

I'll admit, I'm color blind and I'm not able to mix colors all that well. So, I a couple questions for all the Alto Blue buyers:

1. Will you be putting the vinyl lettering in the tailgate imprint to highlight the MAVERICK name?

2. If so, what color vinyl will you put with the Alto Blue?

3. If, not, why not? I only ask because I ALWAYS debadge my vehicles and I can't on this one.

FYI: Thinking about replacing the Ford Oval with an American Flag Oval WITHOUT the Ford name.
The wife thinks the lettering should be Red.

1631567930412.png
I know what you mean about debugging. I don't mind the Ford Oval so much, but the stamped Maverick seems excessive to me—but saying that, I like some of the high lighting of the stamping with contrasting colors also. So, I'm also torn.

Other than the tailgate stamping, I don't think the Maverick is over badged. Two Ford Ovals and the XL (or other trim) on the faux vender vent doesn't seem excessive to me.

I've been thinking about powered coating my steelies a matte bronze, so maybe a bronze lettering on the tailgate would look good. But I've seen some white, black, or red lined black lettering on Velocity Blue that also look good.

Speaking of badging, I just ordered some plain black silicon license plate frame to remove the dealer badged frame.
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 1662213624599

Yeah, it such a little thing, but it also removes the dealer's name from my truck. I don't object to the dealer, but the tag frame with their name on it is ugly. After the license plate install over the frame, it leaves just a thin black line around the license plate. Much cleaner look.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, this will be the first time I have an embossed tailgate that you can't debadge. Part of me says don't highlight it. The other part says it looks cool with the lettering a different color, but that defeats debadging.

I'll admit, I'm color blind and I'm not able to mix colors all that well. So, I a couple questions for all the Alto Blue buyers:

1. Will you be putting the vinyl lettering in the tailgate imprint to highlight the MAVERICK name?

3. If, not, why not? I only ask because I ALWAYS debadge my vehicles and I can't on this one.

FYI: Thinking about replacing the Ford Oval with an American Flag Oval WITHOUT the Ford name.

1631567930412.png
My choice for my Alto Blue is the reflective crome, anything to keep someone from re-reading me the better

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 1631567930412
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 20220429_160359

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm back and forth on whether I'd want to add lettering since I like the subdued look of the debossed letters. However, when I see a Taco with vinyl lettering on a deboss I also think it looks good. I'm getting an Area51 Mav, so different boat.

For Alto I'm not sure what would work best. Orange would be neat. My designer gut says a lighter blue would look great, though. Here's a color scheme example:

https://www.canva.com/colors/color-palettes/mermaid-lagoon/
I'm with you ..midnight blue seems just light enough to set off/compliment the darker Alto Blue. The silver looks pretty good too🧐, but will call it "platinum" for an air of elegance.hahaha

Last edited: