Sponsored

Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint)

Amanda

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
My Velocity Blue Maverick just recently arrived and I'd like to get some tailgate lettering to make the logo stand out more, though I'm debating which color to get between a chrome silver, or a matte or glossy black. I'd love some pictures if you have either of those options on your blue truck! Thanks in advance. 😊
Sponsored

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shadow Black xlt hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
My Velocity Blue Maverick just recently arrived and I'd like to get some tailgate lettering to make the logo stand out more, though I'm debating which color to get between a chrome silver, or a matte or glossy black. I'd love some pictures if you have either of those options on your blue truck! Thanks in advance. 😊
I personally like the Chrome ! I have the Chrome on my shadow black and love it 👍

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think chrome would look great. I also have a VB Maverick scheduled to be built later this month. The reason I am hesitant about the chrome, is the chance when the sunlight is just at the right angle, then it will reflect off the chrome letters into the eyes of the driver behind you. May not happen all that much, but when it does, WOW. Hate it when it happens to me.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am completely the opposite. I think black will always look better than chrome. Most of the time, it just gives it a cheap appearance but to each their own.

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine are red with a little black mixed in.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) 6884EC2F-CA5E-4229-9510-31D2F86DBD38

Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) E07C30E9-8D20-489F-A75C-9928F19E3DB4

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, but given the other choice was chrome, I suggest the glossy black that is headlight reflecting appearing glowing white at night. That was my choice ( till I reminded myself I got the XL ) Also compared to other colors the shadow effect works really well in V.Blue. Hold off long enough to be happy with how Ford made it.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Mav is Rapid Red. I preferred the Stainless Steel/Chrome ..... reflects day and night. The blue would look good with almost any color including white.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) MavTailgateLetterDone

Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

Hi all,
I did neither and went orange to match the XLT interior.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Lettering- Black or Chrome? (Velocity Blue Paint) 5FB52049-1E8C-4504-B259-F6F409A14139

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll vote for RED reflective letters on a VB truck.

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

would like to see more pictures from other users, leaning toward domed satin black for mine.
Sponsored