First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received a email that the tailgate assist is back in stock on accessoriesford.com
I received mine last week from DeeZee. Of course now I don’t need one.
Have a great day
Sponsored

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
Got the same e-mail and by the time I clicked the link, less than 20min after getting it, it's already sold out again.

OP
OP
bigbicep24

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They must have had just 2 back in stock. 😂

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the website ......

Damn, $56.76 total ....... $39.95/part+$12.81/FedEx+$4/Tax ......... Good if you really want one immediately. I can wait for that price.
Wouldn't it be roughly the same amount had you ordered it from Ford at $50 a pop before taxes? I haven't ordered anything from Ford Accessories so I don't know if they charge shipping too. Cheapest I could find was Fairway Ford for $46.25 but they've been out of stock for awhile now. I'm as frugal as they come, but in this case I find the $$ difference negligible. One less item I have to sit around and wait for. Now the hybrid floor liners....sheesh what's taking them so long?

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
Wouldn't it be roughly the same amount had you ordered it from Ford at $50 a pop before taxes? I haven't ordered anything from Ford Accessories so I don't know if they charge shipping too. Cheapest I could find was Fairway Ford for $46.25 but they've been out of stock for awhile now. I'm as frugal as they come, but in this case I find the $$ difference negligible. One less item I have to sit around and wait for. Now the hybrid floor liners....sheesh what's taking them so long?
Yeah, the numbers ended up adding up exactly the same so I ordered from Dee Zee instead.

mr_M0J0rzn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordering through ford acccessories has free shipping to any dealer if you're willing to pick up. They charge if you ship to your home. You can find quality that is greater than/equal to ford accessories for lower prices in a lot of spots however.

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked my Maverick up the other day after a 9 month wait. I opened the tailgate. It weighs like 2 lbs! I have no idea why people want a "tailgate assist" for this? It is like a "mailbox lid assist" in my mind.

I mean I am all for whatever makes you happy but it seems super silly to me.

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
I picked my Maverick up the other day after a 9 month wait. I opened the tailgate. It weighs like 2 lbs! I have no idea why people want a "tailgate assist" for this? It is like a "mailbox lid assist" in my mind.

Wouldn't have ordered one if I didn't have a 6-year old who tried to open the tailgate by himself the other day...

Sponsored

botb70

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey
Ford has 20% off accessories thru 5/31 for members.This strut is $40 plus tax for dealer pickup. Out of stock for now.

Bill R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Got the same e-mail and by the time I clicked the link, less than 20min after getting it, it's already sold out again.
I got the email and I then called ford telling them it was out of stock she told me that the page may not have been updated

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordering through ford acccessories has free shipping to any dealer if you're willing to pick up. They charge if you ship to your home. You can find quality that is greater than/equal to ford accessories for lower prices in a lot of spots however.
Agreed. I'm not digging the OEM all weather mats or window deflectors they offer. Those are the last 2 accessories I plan on purchasing once the aftermarket offers alternatives.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It's not about the weight for most it's about not slamming open. I open mine 25x a day and it's slips occasionally so just pulling the lever and waiting 2 seconds makes a difference.
Plus if anything the shock will make it harder to close.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Congratulations on the delivery of your new Maverick. :)
Sponsored