David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m GLaD you’re okay. Biggest issue is going to be insurance. See if any businesses around can get security footage.

Unfortunately, there is a high chance it will total out. Many of the outer panels need replacing, the unibody will definitely require sectioning, the interior needs airbag dust cleanup, and a lot of new trim.

Luckily, salvage value is really high on Mavs right now so you could get a big check from your insurance. If you want to, take it to a reputable, independent, local, body shop and have them do an extensive tear down with a solid repair plan. Good luck and keep us updated!
Sponsored

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FTX, 2015 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don't want to keep a unibody car that's been in an accident like that.
1) get any security camera footage at that intersection
2) Give it to the cops/insurance
3) Take your insurance payout
4) get on a dealer waiting list for canceled orders. It's the easiest way to get a new maverick since they're backordered. You can get on lists at all local dealerships, let them know what trim/options you'd like, and they will call you when they get a canceld order. With how long people have had to wait, there are quite a few canceled orders. Within 2 weeks of getting on lists I had multiple offers from the local dealers and one had the model I wanted (XLT/FX4)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you traded a vehicle in for the Maverick, or if you have a standing insurance policy for your other vehicles, then your Maverick would be covered under "gap" insurance. Meaning that you are temporarily insured, usually up to 30 days, until you've had the opportunity to register it with your insurance company.
Also (at least my policy) the car replaced on the insurance by the new one is covered for 30 days for you to sell it or add it back on to policy! Check with your agent!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m GLaD you’re okay. Biggest issue is going to be insurance. See if any businesses around can get security footage.

Unfortunately, there is a high chance it will total out. Many of the outer panels need replacing, the unibody will definitely require sectioning, the interior needs airbag dust cleanup, and a lot of new trim.

Luckily, salvage value is really high on Mavs right now so you could get a big check from your insurance. If you want to, take it to a reputable, independent, local, body shop and have them do an extensive tear down with a solid repair plan. Good luck and keep us updated!
If you find security tape or someone else's dash cam pay for it if necessary. Your insurance may reimburse you just like if you purchased several fire extinguishers to protect your and their interests in your vehicle!

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry to hear this, it sucks, but it seems you are ok and that is good news!

I highly recommend a dashcam for anyone on the road! You can get one for like $30 now and that is the cheapest added insurance available.
I have one in my Maverick. That's how I captured the flying porcupine!

Sponsored

Mavboy2023

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PS The guy who t-boned didn't confess and lied to the police (he said: I passed when I didn't have a green arrow). So he's insurance won't pay for it.
Sad for sure. If it were mine, I'd rather have it totaled and buy new. I think it's too damaged and will never be the same.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
then your Maverick would be covered under "gap" insurance. Meaning that you are temporarily insured, usually up to 30 days, until you've had the opportunity to register it with your insurance company.
That's not what GAP insurance is. GAP (Guaranteed asset protection) is additional insurance that covers the "gap" between the assessed Actual Cash Value (ACV) of a vehicle when it is totalled and the value of the loan it is attached to should the former be less than the latter.

TarpDogg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not what GAP insurance is. GAP (Guaranteed asset protection) is additional insurance that covers the "gap" between the assessed Actual Cash Value (ACV) of a vehicle when it is totalled and the value of the loan it is attached to should the former be less than the latter.
You are correct, I knew I didn't have the right terminology but couldn't remember at the moment. It's simply temporary coverage, not GAP. Thanks!

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PS The guy who t-boned didn't confess and lied to the police (he said: I passed when I didn't have a green arrow). So he's insurance won't pay for it.
Curious if the police did any accident site investigation at all and issued a report, or did they tell you there's are two sides to the story and to hash it out on your own? This could be indicative of how much insurance is willing to assist.

Sponsored

Jk87669

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a load of crap they just say what they can not to foot the bill, you're gonna have to fight them for it. Even if the light was green, they still need to follow what's called the Last Clear Chance Doctrine . There's no way the other person wouldn't of been able to reasonably avoid the accident. I'm not a lawyer but I do read up on my laws quite frequently so it could be nice to look into it with this information in hand.

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

usually insurance companies will hold to a 75% of the value of the vehicle. if the damage is more than the 75% value then they will total it. they use the blue book value as the marker for the 75%.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one in my Maverick. That's how I captured the flying porcupine!
Front and rear no less. I have one with front and rear on my current car. Hoping to find one with wireless magnetic rear cam when my Maverick comes. The ability to move the rear camera mount freely seems like it would be great for different hauling loads as depending on load & bed configuration a permanent mount maybe obstructed.

Not even sure if what I want exists though.

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid ordered 9/17/22.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your insurance company is worth its salt, their investigators should check for video in the area. If they can find a way for the other company to pay, they’ll do it…unless the other guys company is the same as yours. Regarding your initial question: if insurance wants to total it…let them. Even if you got it fixed, it would never feel the same as when new.

GeoJoe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Odyssey, Vibe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This concerns me. Every time I bought a vehicle, my insurance company would back charge me to the date of the purchase. They would say as long it is within so many days of the purchase I am covered. Why would they back charge me if they have the option to choose not to cover? Does that mean I am only covered if nothing happens?

Must be that in the State I live in, the insurance companies are required to give you the grace period on a new purchase.

I hope you can find security camera footage from the surrounding businesses like another poster suggested. If the insurance company is trying to shurk their responsibility they might have to accuse this victim of mal-intent to get out of paying. That's allot more serious.
Sponsored