Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are real bumpers under all that plastic. Aluminum as far as I can tell. https://ford.oempartsonline.com/search?search_str=Bumper Impact Bar&ptid=20612&make=ford&model=maverick&year=2024&page_id=&page_url=
You'll have to scroll down the page(s) but the Maverick ones are shown.
Very large crash bar in front protecting radiator and engine compartment with a small lower bar , the rear with tow hitch is quite substantial too,though it is not as wide to protect the bed corners.( bummer)
Plenty of aftermarket tube and sheet metal bumpers with winch
Ford Maverick Steel Bumper aftermarket options? IMG_2957
and hitch mounts for the jeep xj Cherokee and XJ/wj grand Cherokee platforms .
Ford Maverick Steel Bumper aftermarket options? IMG_2956

Ford Maverick Steel Bumper aftermarket options? IMG_2955

These UNIBODY vehicles have been abused off-road and raced for over 30 years now , don’t let negative talk hold you back .our platforms need time and the energy put in too develope them . In a few years they will be every kids mini truck at the high schools and such and the aftermarket will support the crap out of them . Just takes time , otherwise you can pay an off road fan shop to make what you want , powder coat your color for around 800$ on up.
Watch video below to see what unibody vehicles can do .

I will be making some tube prerunner style bumpers for my tremor mav soon , after finishing another hybrid salvage rebuild . Both crashed nav’s I’ve had had enough surface damage to warrant totaling but actual subframe damage was nil and crash bar damage was limited to only lower bar in front which is easily replaced at $104 now the bumper covers and lower valance plastic $800 my cost so , and $1200 each headlight , so yeah aftermarket steel bumpers would help protect some of the valuable real estate , just not mass produced yet . Gonna take a few years.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love old Studebakers. I have a bullet nose from a 50's Studebaker. It weighs almost as much as most modern cars.
In the fiftys and sixtys, if you didn't have a chain saw, you could knock a tree down by running into it. My wife clipped of a telephone pole with our 55 Chevy. It had a small dimple in the bumper. A unibody car would have been totaled.
Ford Maverick Steel Bumper aftermarket options? stude nose

OP
OP

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very large crash bar in front protecting radiator and engine compartment with a small lower bar , the rear with tow hitch is quite substantial too,though it is not as wide to protect the bed corners.( bummer)
Plenty of aftermarket tube and sheet metal bumpers with winch
IMG_2957.png
and hitch mounts for the jeep xj Cherokee and XJ/wj grand Cherokee platforms .
IMG_2956.png

IMG_2955.png

These UNIBODY vehicles have been abused off-road and raced for over 30 years now , don’t let negative talk hold you back .our platforms need time and the energy put in too develope them . In a few years they will be every kids mini truck at the high schools and such and the aftermarket will support the crap out of them . Just takes time , otherwise you can pay an off road fan shop to make what you want , powder coat your color for around 800$ on up.
Watch video below to see what unibody vehicles can do .

I will be making some tube prerunner style bumpers for my tremor mav soon , after finishing another hybrid salvage rebuild . Both crashed nav’s I’ve had had enough surface damage to warrant totaling but actual subframe damage was nil and crash bar damage was limited to only lower bar in front which is easily replaced at $104 now the bumper covers and lower valance plastic $800 my cost so , and $1200 each headlight , so yeah aftermarket steel bumpers would help protect some of the valuable real estate , just not mass produced yet . Gonna take a few years.
Thank you, that's what I was thinking of. Eventually it will be made, as of right now no and that's what I was trying to find out.
Thanks for the insight.

Sponsored

Bert Rooster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Toyota T-100, 06 Jeep Liberty, 2018 Tiffin MH
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, that's what I was thinking of. Eventually it will be made, as of right now no and that's what I was trying to find out.
Thanks for the insight.
Don't hold your breath waiting for any kind of after market bumper. Go to eTrailer.com, look for the Roadmaster baseplate and watch the installation video. The video shows removal of the front fascia which is really the whole front of the truck. About 16 minutes in you will get a good look at what is under the fascia. The mounting points for the baseplate are shown clearly, as well as the construction of the front of the unibody. Any kind of after market bumper or probably even a decent grill guard would require serious modification of the front fascia.

OP
OP

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't hold your breath waiting for any kind of after market bumper. Go to eTrailer.com, look for the Roadmaster baseplate and watch the installation video. The video shows removal of the front fascia which is really the whole front of the truck. About 16 minutes in you will get a good look at what is under the fascia. The mounting points for the baseplate are shown clearly, as well as the construction of the front of the unibody. Any kind of after market bumper or probably even a decent grill guard would require serious modification of the front fascia.
Wow ok, thanks.
Better understanding now.

Denny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love old Studebakers. I have a bullet nose from a 50's Studebaker. It weighs almost as much as most modern cars.
In the fiftys and sixtys, if you didn't have a chain saw, you could knock a tree down by running into it. My wife clipped of a telephone pole with our 55 Chevy. It had a small dimple in the bumper. A unibody car would have been totaled.
stude nose.jpg
I also have a 50 bullet nose handing in my garage, I've owned 4 Studes..

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also have a 50 bullet nose handing in my garage, I've owned 4 Studes..
You have me beat. I've only owned two. My father was a mechanic in a Studebaker garage for awhile. Golden Hawks and Avanti's are two of the best looking cars ever made.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bumpers are designed to absorb low-speed impacts without harming the rest of the vehicle.
Crumple zones are designed to absorb bigger impacts (and destroy the vehicle) without harming the occupants.

Any modifications to your vehicle are going against bazillions of hours of engineers' work. Sure their work is to build the vehicle as cheaply as possible, but it also has to meet standards no matter what price.

Those steel bumpers would be fine on a vehicle built sturdy enough to absorb lots more energy- I wouldn't chance it on the Maverick (or a Ford Escape, much of the same vehicle)....
Sponsored