Sponsored

Spray in Bedliner possibly delay order scheduling?

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Thinking about dropping the spray in liner. I'm a mid July order and my plan is to take delivery at the end of the year.

Starting to wonder if the liner will keep me from getting scheduled in a reasonable amount of time.
Sponsored

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the holdup is just this and its forecast to be lengthy, it possible that Ford could switch it to a dealer installed option.

I actually added the sprayin bedliner to my order, as I didnt realize at first that the factory installed hard rollup tonneau cover would need to be removed before the sprayin.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer called last week to inform me that the spray-in bed liner that I chose would delay my XL order, but he didn't have any idea how long. So I cancelled it, and will probably do a Line-X, or just skip it altogether and buy a tray or mat.

Last edited:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer called last week to inform me that the spray-in bed liner that I chose would delay my XL order, but he didn't have any idea how long. So I cancelled it, and will probably do a Line-X, or just skip it altogether and buy a tray or mat.
I believe it is generally understood that this only impacts orders where the spray in bedliner was selected as its own item. If it is part of a lux package (xlt/lariat), I believe it would not be delayed.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe it is generally understood that this only impacts orders where the spray in bedliner was selected as its own item. If it is part of a lux package (xlt/lariat), I believe it would not be delayed.
I read the same thing, that if its part of the lux package they get priority...thankfully, since I ordered the lux package.

Sponsored

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
I emailed in about trying to drop my spray-in liner and replacing it with the luxury package to get the extra mcguffins and speculated priority after I didn't get the email this week. Was told that "the factory already picked it up and we are not able to change it...Locked in should have a vin number before too long."

I can't imagine they'd be trying to keep me from spending more money if they had much say in the matter. It definitely has me excited for the next couple Thursdays.

Cyber Orange 2.0 XLT/4k/FX4/360 w/ spray-in liner and bed lights. Order date around 21 June.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be nice to have a time estimate for the delay. Will I get it December/January? Or will it be next July? I’d be ok with a month or two, but not a year

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
It would be nice to have a time estimate for the delay. Will I get it December/January? Or will it be next July? I’d be ok with a month or two, but not a year
Give them 2 weeks of live production and I think we will have a very strong indicator of how long the wait is really going to be.

For tax reasons, we are hoping we get delivery before December 31. As we were fortunate enough to pick up a property and while it did not meet the Foundation’s needs, we got a contract on it profiting right at the cost of a Maverick and wheelchair lift. It is technically non-associated income because the property was purchased, not donated to us, so we would owe taxes on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MarkG

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
As near as I can tell from Wikipedia, that factory is capable of producing over 300k units per year just for the US market. I think the only issues will be to supply chain disruptions which Ford has almost no control over.

Bohottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoSport
I’m considering removing the bedliner from my order. However, I’m waiting from input from my dealer. I have a lease that ends in late Feb 2022. If it’s ready before, no problem, but it’ll be a hassle if it somehow gets delayed past then. Would rather remove it and add something after I take delivery if the factory bedliner will cause delays.
Sponsored

Last edited: