Sponsored

Waiting: (v.) pause, interval, delay (It *was* the spray-in bedliner)

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See my signature for the details, but briefly: Maverick hybrid order confirmed 6/14; Production began 12/15, modules populated 1/4/22. Still no "Built" email. Like many here, I've been wondering what was holding things up. My dealer gave me the Vehicle Visibility Report a couple times, and Tim Bartz confirmed from it that the vehicle had been built. Yet, then it was all crickets.

Well, today we got an updated VVR and it shows that our hybrid was THEN sent out to an external body shop for two days and returned. So that would be for the spray-in bedliner. The truck should be shipped soon, right? What happens on "Trim Line" ~ is that primarily for extras like stripes or a bedcover? If so, the truck doesn't need that. Is there anything else that could possibly be left to be done before shipping?

My dealer confirmed that it takes 3-4 weeks for delivery. So I guess the February 7th-13th range is bogus. We wait, we wonder.
While the definition of Waiting is pause, interval, delay, it feels a lot more like delay with this process. It's easier to be patient when you know how long you will have to pace yourself. Take care, all.

Ford Maverick Waiting: (v.) pause, interval, delay (It *was* the spray-in bedliner) B4DC3A50-0A76-445D-B0F0-92A00BDFDBFA_4_5005_c

PS: We sold our 2013 Honda Fit today to a great family a few streets over. πŸ‘
Sponsored

Last edited:

msmaz10

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
I had something similar happen to me. My original build date was week of 12/20, then it was moved to 1/3. Truck was built on 1/7 but didn't receive a "built" email until 1/23 and a "shipped" email until 1/25. It took basically another 2 weeks from the time my modules populated until it shipped. Dealer also confirmed that they had it back from the body ship on 1/10. I totally feel your pain, although I'm slightly further ahead in the process than you are.

OP
OP
XLTLUXRED

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had something similar happen to me. My original build date was week of 12/20, then it was moved to 1/3. Truck was built on 1/7 but didn't receive a "built" email until 1/23 and a "shipped" email until 1/25. It took basically another 2 weeks from the time my modules populated until it shipped. Dealer also confirmed that they had it back from the body ship on 1/10. I totally feel your pain, although I'm slightly further ahead in the process than you are.
Close! I hope we get a "Built" email very soon. You must be so excited to be getting your truck imminently! Pop back and let us know how you like it. πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

msmaz10

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Close! I hope we get a "Built" email very soon. You must be so excited to be getting your truck imminently! Pop back and let us know how you like it. πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘
I absolutely will! I'm extra excited since I sold my Q5 in December and sort of need the wheels (just riding my motorcycle right now). Since I'm in San Diego hopefully I'll see the truck sooner rather than later - estimated date on the pizza tracker is 2/2 - 2/8. We shall see. Hang in there! :)

OP
OP
XLTLUXRED

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I absolutely will! I'm extra excited since I sold my Q5 in December and sort of need the wheels (just riding my motorcycle right now). Since I'm in San Diego hopefully I'll see the truck sooner rather than later - estimated date on the pizza tracker is 2/2 - 2/8. We shall see. Hang in there! :)
Thanks! We're trying to hang in there. Just sold our Honda Fit (to a really nice family in our neighbourhood). Still have our Mini Cooper. Once the truck comes, we'll have a Mini and a Maxi! LOL. Sounds like you will too!

Sponsored

msmaz10

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Thanks! We're trying to hang in there. Just sold our Honda Fit (to a really nice family in our neighbourhood). Still have our Mini Cooper. Once the truck comes, we'll have a Mini and a Maxi! LOL. Sounds like you will too!
Exactly! Plus my boyfriend's Ram 1500 for the really "big boy" jobs hahaha

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting this! It makes me feel a little less crazy after mine has been showing "In Production" for over a month now. I'm hoping we all have our trucks here soon! Keep us updated on your progress!

OP
OP
XLTLUXRED

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting this! It makes me feel a little less crazy after mine has been showing "In Production" for over a month now. I'm hoping we all have our trucks here soon! Keep us updated on your progress!
Will do. You too, please. Did you order Hybrid or Ecoboost? We're waiting on a Hybrid.

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will do. You too, please. Did you order Hybrid or Ecoboost? We're waiting on a Hybrid.
I ordered a Hybrid as well. Lariat Lux/360 w/ moonroof. I actually saw a non-lux Lariat Hybrid today at a job site I was visiting! The owner told me he ordered in July for what it's worth.

OP
OP
XLTLUXRED

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Hybrid as well. Lariat Lux/360 w/ moonroof. I actually saw a non-lux Lariat Hybrid today at a job site I was visiting! The owner told me he ordered in July for what it's worth.
Oh nice! I haven't seen one "in the wild" yet. When did you order?

Sponsored
OP
OP
XLTLUXRED

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
08/05 and my build date was pushed back 3 times to 12/20. My modules went live on Christmas Eve I believe.
Have you asked your dealer for a copy of your Vehicle Visibility Report? That's like the document I posted above. Ford updates it as the work happens, and it may tell you something more. I really want to know if anything new has been added since Monday ~ LOL ~ but won't bug my sales guy quite yet.

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you asked your dealer for a copy of your Vehicle Visibility Report? That's like the document I posted above. Ford updates it as the work happens, and it may tell you something more. I really want to know if anything new has been added since Monday ~ LOL ~ but won't bug my sales guy quite yet.
I heard back from my salesman late last night and he informed me that my visibility report still says "produced" and that, "The next step is for it to be released to be shipped." I never received a picture of it, so I'm not sure if it's back from getting the SIBL done, or if it's even been sent out for it yet. Seeing all these scheduled hybrids getting pushed back another month really has me wondering what's up. Mine has been held up over a month at this point (2 months if you count my build dates getting pushed back), so it's got to be holding up things down stream as well.

OP
OP
XLTLUXRED

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard back from my salesman late last night and he informed me that my visibility report still says "produced" and that, "The next step is for it to be released to be shipped." I never received a picture of it, so I'm not sure if it's back from getting the SIBL done, or if it's even been sent out for it yet. Seeing all these scheduled hybrids getting pushed back another month really has me wondering what's up. Mine has been held up over a month at this point (2 months if you count my build dates getting pushed back), so it's got to be holding up things down stream as well.
My sales guy told me the exact same thing:

visibility report still says "produced" and that, "The next step is for it to be released to be shipped."

He was wrong. Modules populated on 1/4 and, as you can see from my VVR in my first post above, our hybrid sat there for 12 days until 1/16 when it was sent to the Body Shop, returning to the plant on 1/18. It has now been sitting there for 10 days. I honestly don't know whether it's being held for a chip or "Trim Line" that I see on some folks' VVR, or whether it's truly ready and waiting on shipping availability. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ I guess this is what happens when one orders a vehicle during a pandemic.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alleged photo of actual vehicle build being sent to body shop for SIBL...may take a while

Ford Maverick Waiting: (v.) pause, interval, delay (It *was* the spray-in bedliner) AlienatedFavorableIndianjackal-max-1mb
Sponsored