Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Dear Ford -- please make the Maverick's rear seat fold flat (either top down or bottom straight up)...

When I test-drove the new release Ranger (during their nation-wide tour), I asked the Ford marketing people why they didn't see that deficiency as a turn-off...
I think they should be copying the Ridgeline on this one... and you can put it up and back down w one hand..
Ford Maverick Spotted: Maverick vs Ranger size comparison 1617115094999
Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im just hoping they can do some sort of 60/40 split seat in the back so I can rip out the 60 part and build a nice storage box for all the tools and stuff I keep in the trunk now. Having the 40 seat would be useful for the few times I carry more than myself and another person (only has happened in this car maybe 4 times in 5 years).

If its just a standard bench then its getting torn out completely. Which works fine, I dont care either way If I have back seats.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Im just hoping they can do some sort of 60/40 split seat in the back so I can rip out the 60 part and build a nice storage box for all the tools and stuff I keep in the trunk now. Having the 40 seat would be useful for the few times I carry more than myself and another person (only has happened in this car maybe 4 times in 5 years).

If its just a standard bench then its getting torn out completely. Which works fine, I dont care either way If I have back seats.
Ridgeline as posted above is 60/40% split

rtsherry73

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
Undecided
I think someone mentioned it before but I didn’t really notice till these pics. The offset license plate bothers me. Not a deal breaker, just odd
New independent rear suspension allows a much lower pickup bed floor. With a trailer hitch in the middle of the rear bumper, and a non-electrified swing down rear tailgate, where do you put the license plate? I don't like offset license plates either, but the Land Rover Discovery is the worst by far.

Reactions: Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
New independent rear suspension allows a much lower pickup bed floor. With a trailer hitch in the middle of the rear bumper, and a non-electrified swing down rear tailgate, where do you put the license plate? I don't like offset license plates either, but the Land Rover Discovery is the worst by far.
I actually like the way it looks on the Land Rover!

Sponsored

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hurray for lower beds. Looking at modern truck heights and the depth of beds hurts my back. Please no fancy swinging tailgate. Certainly not mad at the license plate just seemed curious. Perhaps giving the design it’s the best place for it. Only recently have I considered a new truck. Always been looking at old rangers so that’s what I compare any truck to.

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m guessing that ridgeline has a bigger backseat than the frontier? I wasn’t impressed with the fold up rear seats in the frontier. I removed one of my jump seats and built a platform for my dog and tools underneath. Would consider the same for the maverick. Or just use the dog hammock thing. Would have to wait till I can get inside to know for sure.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hurray for lower beds. Looking at modern truck heights and the depth of beds hurts my back. Please no fancy swinging tailgate. Certainly not mad at the license plate just seemed curious. Perhaps giving the design it’s the best place for it. Only recently have I considered a new truck. Always been looking at old rangers so that’s what I compare any truck to.
I have the two-way tailgate on my Ridgeline and love it! Hoping the Maverick has this. Very handy, especially getting heavy loads into the bed!

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TruckGuySC -- thanks for the Ridgeline rear seat pic!!! That's what Ford needs in the Maverick -- not that Ranger jacked-up configuration that turned me off (immediately) a couple of years back

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
TruckGuySC -- thanks for the Ridgeline rear seat pic!!! That's what Ford needs in the Maverick -- not that Ranger jacked-up configuration that turned me off (immediately) a couple of years back
It really is convenient. I can pop the latch and fold it up and latch it at the top on both the 60 and the 40 split w just one hand. And you have all that storage space under the seats even when you have passengers.

Sponsored

DanMustang70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
On paper the Ridgeline is everything I want in a truck. I just can't get over the design. I love the design of the Maverick. So if they can do everything the Ridgeline can. Then I'm one happy customer.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On paper the Ridgeline is everything I want in a truck. I just can't get over the design. I love the design of the Maverick. So if they can do everything the Ridgeline can. Then I'm one happy customer.
Right there with you except it’s design and price. Ridge line is a bit too pricey for my needs

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I can tell you as an owner, the thing is an enigma.. a love/hate relationship

Things I love, things I hate...

Love: folding rear seat, 2-way tailgate, inbed storage, spare under truckbed instead of under truck. Hope Ford is listening to these.

Hate: Super low ground clearance, wheel wells that don’t allow AT tires wo rubbing, anemic front end styling (although they’ve now fixed this),backup camera w no features for towing, weak AWD system, no skid plates, weak transmission for towing, wiring connection next to hitch instead of license plate meaning it gets dunked at the boat ramp (although I see the Maverick has it in the same spot 🤦🏼‍♂️)

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
MY Sierra had the same 60/40 fold-up rear seat. It is very convenient and would be a welcome feature in the Maverick.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
I can tell you as an owner, the thing is an enigma.. a love/hate relationship

Things I love, things I hate...

Love: folding rear seat, 2-way tailgate, inbed storage, spare under truckbed instead of under truck. Hope Ford is listening to these.

Hate: Super low ground clearance, wheel wells that don’t allow AT tires wo rubbing, anemic front end styling (although they’ve now fixed this),backup camera w no features for towing, weak AWD system, no skid plates, weak transmission for towing, wiring connection next to hitch instead of license plate meaning it gets dunked at the boat ramp (although I see the Maverick has it in the same spot 🤦🏼‍♂️)
This is a Maverick Forum ...
Sponsored