First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this point, I expect my chances to be less than 5% that I will see a MY23.
I expect my chances are even less....
Woulda, shoulda, coulda ordered an EcoBoost. I will for MY24
Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have absolutel zero desire for an Ecoboost. I already have an F350 diesel that gets 21 MPG and is already paid for. No desire for a vehicle that gets <30MPG. The hybrid gave me what I was interested in: seats 4 comfortably, 40+ MPG in the small city/rural driving that I normally do, inexpensive, and the added benefit of a bed for all my junk when I go camping. Since I live in Texas, an "average" weekend road-trip is 600-800 miles (and that is not even leaving Texas) so don't see myself ever owning an EV. I expect I will start looking for a non-Ford vehicle in the very near future.

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What day did your order get entered?
My guess is that there will he a huge difference between Day1 orders and Day7 orders like mine!
Four months difference, maybe, Hopefully?

What I think will help is if all the Dealer "Stock" orders (which are still being accepted by Ford, AFAIK) are mostly held until Retail (customer) orders are built.

Lots of hoping and praying here. I know!
While I'd love to think that, I'm pretty sure it's not FIFO (first in first out).

There are going to be a ridiculous number of factors on when every single vehicle is built. They may have everything to build my Sept 15 order but low on Cactus Gray paint which could push my otherwise ready build back months.

I'm certain 11th hour trucks will be built before some of the first orders too, with no reason obvious to us. Ford must be using some sort of allocation lottery, although priority codes and date of order "should" have some bearing on when it's built, minus constraints.

🤷‍♂️ But what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

Army Engineer (Ret)

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a rollover MY22 Lariat Lux with several constrained items ordered on December 3, 2021 once I was able to actual drive a Maverick now a MY23 Lariat Lux outfitted as close as it could be to the 22 minus the sprayed liner. I fully expect to wait until well into the new year before I see it. I will happily drive one of my Bronco Sports until it arrives, if it does not get scheduled during MY23 then it’s not meant to be. Life is too short to really worry about this too much.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I expect I will start looking for a non-Ford vehicle in the very near future.
There Is No Alternative.

Hereabouts diesel costs about $4.50 and gas is $3.33. So your 21 MPG diesel costs the same as a gas engine getting 16 MPG. My EcoBoost is getting about 32 MPG. I wish I was getting Hybrid MPG, but....

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think I will get my order, my only concern is the low limit of XLs being produced

I think around April-June I will see my truck

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There Is No Alternative.

Hereabouts diesel costs about $4.50 and gas is $3.33. So your 21 MPG diesel costs the same as a gas engine getting 16 MPG. My EcoBoost is getting about 32 MPG. I wish I was getting Hybrid MPG, but....
Gas here is still $4.50. I drive 30-35,000 miles a year with lots of in town trips. Even if/when fuel costs drop here the saving for a hybrid may not be worth it... $50.00 a month?

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While I'd love to think that, I'm pretty sure it's not FIFO (first in first out).

There are going to be a ridiculous number of factors on when every single vehicle is built. They may have everything to build my Sept 15 order but low on Cactus Gray paint which could push my otherwise ready build back months.

I'm certain 11th hour trucks will be built before some of the first orders too, with no reason obvious to us. Ford must be using some sort of allocation lottery, although priority codes and date of order "should" have some bearing on when it's built, minus constraints.

🤷‍♂️ But what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
Looks like I forgot to include the "All things being equal disclaimer" - but I should have!
I think that leaves me basically predicting the "FIFO" scenario you mentioned!

One other factor I've seen mentioned here is each dealers' "friends and family" plan!
Had I ordered locally, I might be going up against all the local celebrities here.
Which probably wouldn't be a big deal, except if the ordering dealer runs short on allocations.

Sponsored

IndyChill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XL Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have absolutel zero desire for an Ecoboost. I already have an F350 diesel that gets 21 MPG and is already paid for. No desire for a vehicle that gets <30MPG. The hybrid gave me what I was interested in: seats 4 comfortably, 40+ MPG in the small city/rural driving that I normally do, inexpensive, and the added benefit of a bed for all my junk when I go camping.
Took the words right outta my mouth;)

thedak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll end up waiting 15 months for my XL Hybrid with a hitch.

You'll end up waiting longer. It aint getting better.

rat_bastard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a xlt hybrid with co pilot and the lux package. If my car does not make the year my recently retired parents have a spare prius to lend me. I'll get my oh so comfy funmobile.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My order is an AWD Ecoboost XLT with Lux pkg/4k tow/sliding window and remote start. All I know for certain is that they have $1000 as a downpayment and I got my confirmation email while I was sitting there, and that I will be happily paying sticker price exactly ( can't believe I'd ever say that ) when it arrives. As far as speculating, I'm not even going to bother - too many factors well beyond my control to waste mental bandwidth on ;-)
Fixed it for you... 🤣

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's federal law with ICE vehicles. Tesla has been able to get around that law in most states with his "Appliances"
In Texas, you have to buy from a dealer if you purchase in-state. But since the Interstate Commerce Act does not allow states to interfere in interstate commerce, you can still buy a Tesla, but the "purchase" happens out-of-state, and it gets "delivered" to you. I find it quite ironic that the Teslas made in the Austin factory have to be shipped to Oklahoma or Louisiana for an Austin resident to take delivery... But then I saw that the largest single contributor to the Governor's election is a group of auto retailers... No way THAT rule is going to change any time soon...
Sponsored