First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't be surprised if prices go up to from 20k for base truck up to 25k to 30k because they know how hot it is and they know people will still buy them, they're already gladly paying 5k to 10k Mark up's already
I doubt it. Because then it runs the potential of becoming Ranger or F150 priced with ADM. And I doubt anyone is buying a Maverick at Ranger and F150 prices. I sure wouldn't. MPG be damned, I'd buy the more capable truck or look elsewhere.
Sponsored

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
I doubt it. Because then it runs the potential of becoming Ranger or F150 priced with ADM. And I doubt anyone is buying a Maverick at Ranger and F150 prices. I sure wouldn't. MPG be damned, I'd buy the more capable truck or look elsewhere.
Lots of compact SUVs are creeping into the nearly 40k+ range. Rav4s, Cherokees, CX-5s, CR-Vs in the higher end trims are up, up, up in price.

I suspect many of the SUV buyers would much rather be in a compact truck that drives like their SUV but has a bed and would pay similar pricing.

As someone who paid Ranger/F-150 prices for my Maverick... It isn't all about capabilities. My Maverick fits in my garage with about 6 inches of space in the front and about 6 inches in the back. Barely fits. A foot longer (IE Ranger) and I'm stuck parking it in the driveway.

A similarly optioned Ranger would have only cost about 10k more but wouldn't have given me anything extra of value (to me). I don't need to tow anymore than 4k. I don't need more ground clearance or off road capabilities. I don't need a bigger, harder truck to navigate and park in small city streets.

What I did need was a sunroof, decent power, decent MPG and good handling characteristics.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Top of the line sanata cruz is at 40k which is at least xl ranger with some add ons out there door. 2023 will be small increase in price.

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put the darn Sirius XM back in its unbelievable you pay for the luxury package and its not even an option . Its 2022 .

Last edited:

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Increased supplier costs mean something's going to be more expensive. If Ford marketing insists, the base XL Hybrid will stay just under $20K so they can advertise that price point. I would expect a couple of new colors for MY23 and a couple of MY22 colors to be dropped. I expect no other changes for MY23.

Personally, I'd like to see everything (I mean everything) a separately priced option, with certain options also in option groups like in the past (convenience, safety, interior, trim, etc.). If you're going to go with customer order model, no reason to not have every option always available.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pigtail to add trailer light harness like every other truck currently on the market

Increase to 2.5k or 3k for all AWD models

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is far too much speculation on this site already. Trying to figure out Ford is next to impossible. Guessing at how/when/why is pretty pointless.
Everything that will happen is already planned (except bugs). Paint colors are chosen for five years from now.

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone think Forged Green might be added to the 2023 colors? I've got a cactus grey ordered but would change if I got bumped to 2023 and the color is available.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like to see the following changes to the Luxury packages.
1) Take out SIBL
2) Create a separate Winter Package and pull out heated, seats, wheel, mirrors, and deicer. The side benefit of a winter package is so people do not need to order the Lux pkg to get them and people in warm locations can decide if it makes any sense for the added cost.

Wish @Ford Motor Company would listen to @fordvideoguy or put him on an advisory panel.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like to see the following changes to the Luxury packages.
1) Take out SIBL
2) Create a separate Winter Package and pull out heated, seats, wheel, mirrors, and deicer. The side benefit of a winter package is so people do not need to order the Lux pkg to get them and people in warm locations can decide if it makes any sense for the added cost.

Wish @Ford Motor Company would listen to @fordvideoguy or put him on an advisory panel.
I mean you can take it too far - looking at other companies and some make you add EVERY little thing, going from a decent base price to an obnoxious amount if you want certain things. It is nice having the choice to add "a la carte", but seeing it as a "package price" usually makes it easier to choose for people.

I think Lariat Luxury should absolutely have LEDs throughout... but minor quibble I guess - planning to get the Lasfit bundle. Haven't seen the backup camera in person, but from videos and people who have it seems like it could be improved. Location looks terrible.
Sponsored