First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just checked their stock... I knew they were struggling, but dang. Down 97% from ATH

1677189728525.png
Now that is some serious capital destruction…. wow.

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The out the door price is even better. Are there actually people out there that will pay this? Mind boggling.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 2.40.36 PM.png
I'll be paying close to that (eventually, maybe, kinda, hopefully) but mine will be a Lariat Lux FX4 with about every single non-constrained option available... and still $2k less. :ROFLMAO:

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Perhaps some are. And others are like my neighbor, who lives in a 4M house and makes half that each year, who's daughter saw my truck and told her dad she liked it and wanted one for college. So he bought one for her.
Just curious what you neighbor does for a living?

ConfusedMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tried to get a quote for my Maverick but it said "We're stumped. Someone will give you a call." 🤣

Sponsored

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dee-amm! Ecoboost…I had no idea they could still get those resale boosts.

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tried to get a quote for my Maverick but it said "We're stumped. Someone will give you a call." 🤣
Same. I texted asking for a manual quote so we'll see. Really will be interested to see what they'll give for a 2023 XLT hybrid with 600 miles

Dude84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same. I texted asking for a manual quote so we'll see. Really will be interested to see what they'll give for a 2023 XLT hybrid with 600 miles
Yeah, my XL is in transit right now but for grins I checked to see what carvana would say... and got the manual quote statement.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks more like they handed Carvana 4k for them to deal with all the hassles that can come with selling a vehicle, AND for them to take on the risk. Trying to get 35k for a used XT is no guarantee.
Agreed. It's worth it not to deal with a parade of Craigslist tire kickers who don't even want the car and 50 emails/calls/texts a day from someone across the world offering to send you a fake wire transfer to me. Other people have more patience for that and that's why they get 2k more (sometimes) but for me I'll let Carvana or whoever take their chances with a market that's right on the edge. The way their business has tanked, and the amount of debt and interest they are most likely eating right now, them selling the car they paid you 31k for at 36k is by no means a straight 5k profit for them.
Driving a car off the lot 4 years ago meant it's value dropped about 30%...making $4-5K on a used car is nothing to sneeze at. People complain about their local 'stealerships' on here all the time, but heaven forbid someone sell their used Mav for less than a $10k profit. :D

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell them to cut you a check for 2 grand and you'll walk. Otherwise, buy it and sell it yourself.
Won't work if your dealer is MSRP. Title will have to be transferred to person who ordered and then transferred to dealer. They should be willing to pay whatever the current wholesale dealer auction price is but verification by Ford that it's transferred to person who ordered it will probably require that it be sold to different dealer. Check out Carmigo to place it on auction site. It think it cost $0 if it doesn't sell and $350.00 if it does sell. Any one can bid on vehicles but it's mainly used by dealers, I think. You can put a minimum on it. Carmigo is a member here. Couldn't get retail amount but maybe as much as average trade?

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Now that’s an ugly chart unless puts!
Not exactly 100% but using the prices of calls and puts today buying one put when it was at $300 would've cost $24 and netted you $30k now. Stock plunges, free Maverick.

Last edited:

Aman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im a little surprised that the seller made more money than the re-seller ??
Consider reseller having a waiting list of buyers at 10-12% or more than he can sell it for in one or two days or even a week. His ROI would be 500-3,600%

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps some are. And others are like my neighbor, who lives in a 4M house and makes half that each year, who's daughter saw my truck and told her dad she liked it and wanted one for college. So he bought one for her.
Was it yours?🥰

Mikeetch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Alto Blue XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs