First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the selling dealer would give you a few $$ for not accepting delivery.
Sponsored

Isoruko

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 f350, '90 rx7, '08 Commander, '21 trailblazer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's feasible, but the trade in prices are coming down.
I had a hybrid xl with a few options I just traded to driveway .com a month ago for a 8k profit over my otd price.
Never planned on it, I was gonna give that to the girlfriend, and trade in her trailblazer when my ecoboost came in. But plans change, and needing a new furnace, heat pump, and thousands for other house related stuff, along with parts for my other trucks made that a hard option to walk away from.
Just gonna do your research, get quotes, and decide what's best for you

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I went on carvana and they quoted me at $27,645, which is about $200 under sticker. I’m starting to think it’s probably just best to wait it out and enjoy the truck when it comes.
Offers are regional and based on supply and demand.

Here in Texas demand is high and supply is low so my Carvana offer as of today 11/14/22 is $31,197 which is $5,129 over my out-the-door price of $26,068 or $6,577 over invoice price of $24,620.

My MY22 Maverick is 11 months old (I received it 12/13/2021) and has 5945 miles on it.

Ford Maverick So how feasible is flipping it, really? Carvana XLT Maverick Hybrid 11-14-22.JPG

Ford Maverick So how feasible is flipping it, really? Buyer's Order

Ford Maverick So how feasible is flipping it, really? Order Invoice Price.JPG

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you check CarGurus I made 5500 on a clean chevy equinox red line with 30 k miles they were thousands above all the others, they picked it up and had a check before they picked it up.
No I did not Check CarGuru. I used Carvana as an example to illustrate my point.

Flipping cars is taking a risk. Can the OP afford to take a risk?

OP
OP
Jcj280

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
now here’s an interesting idea. Anyone wanna describe how to potentially broach this question without saying something to screw it up?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jcj280

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went onto Carvana’s site a few minutes ago. The offer was above MSRP but below the OTD price. I would lose money if I sold it to them.

I don’t want an answer to this question but could you sustain a $1,200 loss? That’s the difference between the Carvana offer and my OTD amount.

My point is, no guarantee you’ll make money if you flipped the Maverick.

Both vehicles are good choices. Do one or the other but not both.
I’ll go ahead and give you an answer: could I sustain it? Yeah. Do I actually want to do that? **** no.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
now here’s an interesting idea. Anyone wanna describe how to potentially broach this question without saying something to screw it up?
Seen a couple posts on this. Don't think it's likely. I wouldn't bring it up until the Maverick is on the lot and you are about to buy it. Then mention BTW, if interested could both come out ahead if dealer just wanted to buy it off in advance. If you bring it up before then, I imagine they will try to say you weren't interested anymore and just sell to someone else.

I’ll go ahead and give you an answer: could I sustain it? Yeah. Do I actually want to do that? **** no.
Wouldn't buy it to flip without an offer in hand. It won't be a slam dunk to make money. Your need to be 4k+ over MSRP to make the OTD plus registration plus taxes worth while (maybe more depending on taxes and fees in your area). The trends I'm seeing on Maverick prices for sale on Auto Trader, getting this from a dealer will be more and more unlikely. Private sale maybe better chance, but more risk. I'd buy to hold or walk personally.

uwmcscott

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The feasibility if flipping anything is generally based on how much effort you are willing to put into it. Carvana and others like them are in the business of flipping themselves, so of course they aren't going to give you a high price as they are going to turn right around and resell for a profit. If you are willing to put it up for sale via local/regional means like FB marketplace, craigslist, etc....then you could probably do very well, but then you have to do all the work of vetting the potential buyers, dealing with all the riff raff and making sure you get all the paperwork done right so you don't get screwed. Essentially you assume all the risk in the transaction, but you also reap the highest potential reward.

Today, a maverick is in very high demand, and based on the production estimates it will remain high demand for most of 2023. Having said that, look at F150's- for most of 2021 and 2022 you had to pay sticker or over if you could even get your hands on one. Now all of a sudden in the past month lots are filling up. My local dealer has 17 on the lot and another dozen on order, and they are already starting to advertise dealer discounts. It will take a long time to catch up to that with the current Maverick demand, but they will eventually catch up.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in your shoes not too long ago. Back in 2021 I needed a car and was looking at a Civic and happened to see the Maverick. I ended up ordering the Maverick XLT hybrid because with the Maverick I was able to get the low operating costs of the Civic plus pickup truck utility. My truck came in last month (9/19 build date, no recalls) and so far I love it. I figure if I get tired of it or it has issues I can always get a Civic, but for now I am very happy and I think you will be as well. Your truck build is very similar to mine and I find it meets all my needs quite well. If you change your mind my brother in Califorinia will be happy to buy your Mav. He ordered a 23 XLT Hybrid but who knows if it will even get built.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's in it for the dealer? Why would they want to do that?

I saw ONE person say the dealer offered them some cash to not take delivery and let the dealer sell the truck to someone else. But a ton of other dealers have just sold the vehicles at profit to non-orderers without worries.

OP
OP
Jcj280

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine