First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kind of sad that we trust our local dealer so little that we want to take proof of what we are owed to them when buying a car because we are expecting them to cheat us.

Says something about the whole business model. I visited several dealers trying to get a sense of if they were people I wanted to deal with. So far I have been disappointed. The dealer I decided was going to get my business has now ignored three emails over a period of 10 days. No response at all. I know they are not busy. I told them I wanted to buy a Maverick and was willing to put down a deposit. So they ghost me? At this point I would rather just place my order online and never visit the dealership.
I found one reliable dealer out of three.
Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found one reliable dealer out of three.
Care to share? :)

I know there are good people out there. Our local Toyota dealer has always been good to work with. But sifting through the crappy ones to find somebody to work with is just plain sad. it should not be that way.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Care to share? :)

I know there are good people out there. Our local Toyota dealer has always been good to work with. But sifting through the crappy ones to find somebody to work with is just plain sad. it should not be that way.
Ourisman Ford in Alexandria, VA.
Mike Powers is POC. Some others here on the forum had the same good buying experience.
Good luck!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IDK, maybe give your dealers a chance to show they know what they're doing first? This stuff shouldn't be new to them.
I thought my dealer would be a bit more versed in price protection since they seemed to go through a number of Bronco orders but even they took a little poking on the matter. That said I'd agree that a bit of patience and tact is best exercised. You aren't going to earn any appreciation going into the ring on the stance they don't know how to do their job and you need to school them on it.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of sad that we trust our local dealer so little that we want to take proof of what we are owed to them when buying a car because we are expecting them to cheat us.

Says something about the whole business model. I visited several dealers trying to get a sense of if they were people I wanted to deal with. So far I have been disappointed. The dealer I decided was going to get my business has now ignored three emails over a period of 10 days. No response at all. I know they are not busy. I told them I wanted to buy a Maverick and was willing to put down a deposit. So they ghost me? At this point I would rather just place my order online and never visit the dealership.
I'm sure the sales person got that from you after 3 emails- and probably decided you weren't worth their time because you weren't a serious buyer who would actually bother to go visit the dealership or at least call to establish some kind of personal connection with them.

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure the sales person got that from you after 3 emails- and probably decided you weren't worth their time because you weren't a serious buyer who would actually bother to go visit the dealership or at least call to establish some kind of personal connection with them.
That's the thing, I don't just randomly email. I visited the dealer, talked to the salesperson. Spent about 30 minutes with them discussing what would happen, including my agreeing to a $500 deposit. The following week he emailed me some info I had asked about. After that: Nothing. I have emailed three times asking for his schedule so I can stop in and leave him my deposit check.
I am not sure how he or you would get "not serious" from that? He was the salesperson who grabbed me when I got out of my car at the dealer, maybe I should ask for somebody different?

I will be in that area this afternoon and will be stopping in. And "not worth his time", seriously? I am practically begging him to let me give him money.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the thing, I don't just randomly email. I visited the dealer, talked to the salesperson. Spent about 30 minutes with them discussing what would happen, including my agreeing to a $500 deposit. The following week he emailed me some info I had asked about. After that: Nothing. I have emailed three times asking for his schedule so I can stop in and leave him my deposit check.
I am not sure how he or you would get "not serious" from that? He was the salesperson who grabbed me when I got out of my car at the dealer, maybe I should ask for somebody different?

I will be in that area this afternoon and will be stopping in. And "not worth his time", seriously? I am practically begging him to let me give him money.
If you are having a bad feeling, find another dealer that you're comfortable with.

Reactions: Aza

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are having a bad feeling, find another dealer that you're comfortable with.
Yeah, I know. But they were the best of the 3 I visited. I'm grumpy about this but maybe he is on vacation or something. Going to stop in again this afternoon and see what's up.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I know. But they were the best of the 3 I visited. I'm grumpy about this but maybe he is on vacation or something. Going to stop in again this afternoon and see what's up.
Good luck!

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He's just not that into me sometimes.
But one year of texting and emails for a $22K vehicle sale someday, I can understand where they're coming from.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since customers keep dealerships in business (and rich) they need to be constantly reminded of the facts and held accountable. There is too much competition out there to be backed into a corner and fleeced on any transaction.

Let a dealer moan about an informed MTC poster who knows what there talking about. Sales people sell vehicles, sales managers make decisions, F&I pushes ESP's and nobody has to like the process because no two vehicles have the exact same OTD numbers.

Knowing the right answers to your questions separates the wheat from the chaff. For example, I know my XLY hybrid is eligible for 0/36 financing (incentive) with stackable $750 PCO and $500 military appeciation bonus cash (additional offer). If @fordvideoguy or my sales person (Lonnie Smith) pulls up the information in Smart VINCENT the day I take delivery and clicks on the radial button to the left of protection date those figures will be confirmed.

Developing a rapport with the right dealer is as important as the co-signed buyer's order, preview order, mlitary ecertificate ID memo, printed copy of digital window sticker and delivery day checklist detailing all of the recall/stop sale/TSB's, FITS kit visual QC inspection and documentation/registration papers and more things I won't think of til the day arrives.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@KevCuRaoi. Thank you for being active on this forum and willing to help others out! I appreciate it

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
The dealer just needs to click the button "protection date" and it will pull in incentives from the date your order was submitted to WBDO.

You shouldn't need to show them anything......
But if you think they will give you a hard time about that, send me your vin & zip and I can look up your rates on smart vincent and send you a screen shot to bring in.
I am going to order a 2023 Maverick (leaning toward the Hybrid) and use my "A" Plan. Do you know if price protection will work the same for 2023 MY orders?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am going to order a 2023 Maverick (leaning toward the Hybrid) and use my "A" Plan. Do you know if price protection will work the same for 2023 MY orders?

Yes, the price and incentive protection should be the same.

The incentive protection is easy, you either get the incentives (rebates, special financing rates, etc.) that you were eligible for on the date the order was submitted by the dealer into WBDO, or the incentives you are eligible for one the sale date.

Price protection means that the A-plan price that the dealer quotes you when you place your order, should be your sale price (even is the A-plan price goes up by the time your Maverick arrives). This is a little trickier. The dealership is supposed to be automatically be reimbursed for =(most of) the difference btw the new and the original invoice prices.... So it is rather confusing in the dealership end to know exactly how much they will be reimbursed. But the dealership should give you the original A-plan price, OR reimburse you the difference later.
The instructions from Ford say that either option is ok for Plan sales.

The best thing you can do is ask the dealer about the price protection before you order. Make sure they are willing to sell @ that original A-plan price before you have them place the order.
Sponsored