Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's the thing, I don't just randomly email. I visited the dealer, talked to the salesperson. Spent about 30 minutes with them discussing what would happen, including my agreeing to a $500 deposit. The following week he emailed me some info I had asked about. After that: Nothing. I have emailed three times asking for his schedule so I can stop in and leave him my deposit check.
I am not sure how he or you would get "not serious" from that? He was the salesperson who grabbed me when I got out of my car at the dealer, maybe I should ask for somebody different?

I will be in that area this afternoon and will be stopping in. And "not worth his time", seriously? I am practically begging him to let me give him money.
Now that you added the extra details it gives more context and a clearer picture. Apologies if I jumped to unfounded conclusions. The only possible explanation I can guess for him not responding to emails is they are going into Junk mailbox and he never sees them. I don't know what your criteria was for selecting a dealer, but if most of it still holds, maybe seek out the sales manager and ask him/her to point you at someone other that the current person who is "not meeting your needs for purchasing from them" and see how that goes? Probably no need to lay out the whole bad experience, but maybe chalk it up to "not a good fit" if GM presses for a reason.(y)

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that you added the extra details it gives more context and a clearer picture. Apologies if I jumped to unfounded conclusions.
No worries, there wasn't a lot of detail in my post.

Stopped into the dealer this afternoon and talked to 'my' salesman. He looked at me for like 10 seconds and said "John, Maverick, right?" So OK, he remembered me. Then he apologized for not responding to my emails, so OK, he obviously got them. Young guy so maybe returning emails / phone calls isn't as important as I was taught. Whatever.

I wanted to sit down and work out the paperwork and deposit, but he said no need. Come back after August second sometime and we can talk. I explained I wanted the order done ahead and ready for input on 8/2 but that just seemed to confuse him. I think we have a communications problem...............

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No worries, there wasn't a lot of detail in my post.

Stopped into the dealer this afternoon and talked to 'my' salesman. He looked at me for like 10 seconds and said "John, Maverick, right?" So OK, he remembered me. Then he apologized for not responding to my emails, so OK, he obviously got them. Young guy so maybe returning emails / phone calls isn't as important as I was taught. Whatever.

I wanted to sit down and work out the paperwork and deposit, but he said no need. Come back after August second sometime and we can talk. I explained I wanted the order done ahead and ready for input on 8/2 but that just seemed to confuse him. I think we have a communications problem...............
He may be confused because he can't actually see what the options & pricing for the 23 Maverick are yet.

I don't expect there to be many significant changes, so you should be able to draft a 22 order and have him order a similar 23 for you on the first day.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't expect there to be many significant changes, so you should be able to draft a 22 order and have him order a similar 23 for you on the first day.
Yup. He was confused alright :) And that's exactly what I wanted to do, get an order in place based on 22 and change it later. But he was frazzled and said "it's a really hectic day" and ushered me out the door. Oh well, I'll go back next week and get it done. Or just order from Long-McArthur and do a road trip.

Sadly, this was by far the best of the three dealers I stopped into. And also gets by far the best reviews online.

Sponsored

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Ford Admin are you Listening! Send an email to All Dealerships, this is truly embarrassing and Ford has had enough of these opportunities.

RAMS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Sorento SX & 2007 Infiniti M35x
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer just needs to click the button "protection date" and it will pull in incentives from the date your order was submitted to WBDO.

You shouldn't need to show them anything......
But if you think they will give you a hard time about that, send me your vin & zip and I can look up your rates on smart vincent and send you a screen shot to bring in.
Appreciate what your doing for everyone, wish all dealerships were on the up and up. I may reach out in a few weeks prior to my vehicle coming in hopefully.

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool, appreciate it,

Vin: 3FTTW8F9XNRA72279
Zip: 71107

Thanks
how do you know you have a vin? Did you get a email or did you contact the dealship to find out?

OP
OP
Rojo

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how do you know you have a vin? Did you get a email or did you contact the dealship to find out?
Yes and Yes, also if you have paperwork from the dealer you should have a Order code and Sales Code, you can call ford or use the chat and they can update you on your order and if you have a Vin then they will give it to you at that time.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool, appreciate it,

Vin: 3FTTW8F9XNRA72279
Zip: 71107

Thanks
Please do the same for me. VIN # 3FTTW8E37NRA91126. Zip code 97304

Sponsored

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please do mine too, I would really appreciate it.

VIN # 3FTTW8E37NRA91126
Zip Code 97304
Ordered 10/26/2021
I sent you an email from my phone but I don't think it went through.

Wally5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
I wondered over from the Mach-e forum and was hoping for help in getting a smart vincent report.

VIN # 3FMTK4SE4NMA35941
Zip: 80238 (the dealer may have mis-entered my zip as 80328)
Order Date: 2/5/2022

Thank you so much for helping out.

Okwarrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer just needs to click the button "protection date" and it will pull in incentives from the date your order was submitted to WBDO.

You shouldn't need to show them anything......
But if you think they will give you a hard time about that, send me your vin & zip and I can look up your rates on smart vincent and send you a screen shot to bring in.
VIN 3FTTW8E34NRA70525
Zip Code 76272
First order date 08/05/2021
supposed date to pick up is 09/07/22
Thank You

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
VIN 3FTTW8E34NRA70525
Zip Code 76272
First order date 08/05/2021
supposed date to pick up is 09/07/22
Thank You
You do have the 0% for 36 based on your protection date. I'll send you mssg w/ details.
Sponsored