Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order: SHADOW BLACK HYBRID XLT LUX 360 MOON ROOF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I use slippery mode when driving DOWN from the mountain passes in my Hybrid. Even when it is nice outside. I find that it doesn't regen as much, but it coasts a lot further so I get better gas mileage over all when going down long downgrades.

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So it took a while and this is completely different rdu than the focus rs. But someone cracked the coding on that and was able to use a Carloop to control it. I’m hoping someone will crack it fast for these. Would be neat to be able to lock them up more than factory settings.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found that slippery mode is like eco mode, but for the brake pedal -- you have to press it further to get any action. Eco dulls the accelerator and slippery dulls the brakes. Eco regens the most with feet off pedals.

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have noticed Slippery Mode will be quicker to send power to all four wheels if you have AWD whereas Normal tends to only favor FWD once up to speed.
Lil bit confused…I read in manual that “AWD“ on all times, and driver cannot deactivate. Probably you mean for those vehicles with 4WD?
Care to elaborate.

Sponsored

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD is automatic, there is no enabling or disabling it. Unlike 4WD, AWD will engage in a millisecond after detecting a slip, and remain on if needed. As stated, this becomes less necessary at speed when front wheel drive generally kicks back in.

Last edited:

DoubleXL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree op. Mine is almost that good im considering keeping the stock tires on for the first winter.

Although it seeme like my mpg took a hit, but its also using the AWD all the time, and doing some engine warming.

Biggest test my truck has to pass is going to be leaving an airport after 2 weeks of snow storms and no block heater in northern canada.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Biggest test my truck has to pass is going to be leaving an airport after 2 weeks of snow storms and no block heater in northern canada.
You may want to disconnect the negative battery lead before you go to cut the parasitic draw all these trucks seem to have. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be in that mode most all winter long! Snowing now, but I haven't driven my Maverick in snow yet. Still have the stock Pirellis on. I have four new Yoko Geolandars that need to be installed and aligned, but arranging to get it done is a bit challenging in this one dog town. I'll be looking for that weather window and getting those installed ASAP, then I'll feel better about old man winter.
Stock pirellis? My maverick and every other one I've seen come with continental's from the factory .

Sponsored

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found that slippery mode is like eco mode, but for the brake pedal -- you have to press it further to get any action. Eco dulls the accelerator and slippery dulls the brakes. Eco regens the most with feet off pedals.
great succinct summery. that has also been my experience as well with my '23 hybrid

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As one in the brutal snowy Buffalo area, I have one mode I always use for the winter.....Garage.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m slippery mode 99% of the time and getting 45 MPG.

mikellmikell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Colorado's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found when you get beyond slippery into stuck mode. I took traction control off and used trailering mode to rock the truck out. Being I was in my driveway and no hurry I stuck it again to practice. I suggest it to everyone who is new to having all the various controls.
Sponsored