First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Lund ones that Ford offers are just fine. However, I see that many people install them incorrectly. They don't install at the very top of the door frame. They actually install on the rubber seal at the top of the window and will align with side mirror lines. The 3M adhesive works very well provided that you prep the area before hand. I've used these types on a few vehicles and I've never had an issue with them when installed properly. The issue is most people don't install them properly. I've seen at least a half dozen Maverick on this forum that don't have them installed in the proper location and in some cases they were installed by an idiot dealer tech.

I think they help with sun, but also when it rains and you go up to a drive thru the rain will roll off outside your door instead of inside on it. Plus as others said, you can crack your windows down a bit to give some ventilation when you car is parked on hot summer days.
Good post. The easy way to get them right is after cleaning the area with alcohol then a go a couple of inches in from each end measure 1/2" up from the edge of the metal and stick a small piece of masking tape at each spot. Then just line up the top edge of the vent with the bottom of the tape and it will be perfectly aligned.

Last edited:

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the Ford factory deflectors with my Maverick. When I picked up my Maverick the dealer had not installed them yet, they asked me if I wanted them to do it while I waited. I told them that I would install them. Glad I did that as so many dealers have installed them incorrectly.

I didn't like how the rear deflectors ran past the window, don't understand why they were designed that way. So I cut off about 2" and they now line up with the window opening area:

Ford Maverick Side Window Deflectors Window_Deflectors_01

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the Ford factory deflectors with my Maverick. When I picked up my Maverick the dealer had not installed them yet, they asked me if I wanted them to do it while I waited. I told them that I would install them. Glad I did that as so many dealers have installed them incorrectly.

I didn't like how the rear deflectors ran past the window, don't understand why they were designed that way. So I cut off about 2" and they now line up with the window opening area:

Window_Deflectors_01.jpg
This is how they should look!

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Lund ones that Ford offers are just fine. However, I see that many people install them incorrectly. They don't install at the very top of the door frame. They actually install on the rubber seal at the top of the window and will align with side mirror lines. The 3M adhesive works very well provided that you prep the area before hand. I've used these types on a few vehicles and I've never had an issue with them when installed properly. The issue is most people don't install them properly. I've seen at least a half dozen Maverick on this forum that don't have them installed in the proper location and in some cases they were installed by an idiot dealer tech.

I think they help with sun, but also when it rains and you go up to a drive thru the rain will roll off outside your door instead of inside on it. Plus as others said, you can crack your windows down a bit to give some ventilation when you car is parked on hot summer days.
Iā€™ve noticed that as well that some are installed incorrectly. Iā€™ve been searching for installation pictures and Iā€™ve noticed more installed wrong than right. My biggest concern is that they say donā€™t run them through car washes with brushes.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve noticed that as well that some are installed incorrectly. Iā€™ve been searching for installation pictures and Iā€™ve noticed more installed wrong than right. My biggest concern is that they say donā€™t run them through car washes with brushes.
Because they are garbage and the adhesive will fail eventually. The question is when.

Get the in channel EGR ones.

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Window_Deflectors_01.jpg
What did you use to cut the 2 inches off

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had the stick-on type Side Window Defectors on my F-150's, GMC, Chevy, and Toyota's and they looked fine. But the stick on ones from Ford just don't look good at all on my new Mustang.

Weathertech claims they will have the channel type for Mavericks if enough owners want them. You can sign up to let them know you want it and to receive notification when they become available.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2022/maverick/side-window-deflectors/

Meanwhile if any of you find a suitable channel type model in another brand, please let us all know.
I did it. I am looking to get some so the truck is not a furnace when I get back from hiking

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i bought the Lund ones from ford.com, thinking that I can drive with the windows down and not getting all the noise and wind as I would without deflectors. But they didn't make a difference, so I have them listed for sale here in the forum. As far as combatting heat, I had ceramic tint on the windshield and it made a huge difference. i recommend them! not only do they deflect heat and UV, they cut down glare as well.

Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i bought the Lund ones from ford.com, thinking that I can drive with the windows down and not getting all the noise and wind as I would without deflectors. But they didn't make a difference, so I have them listed for sale here in the forum. As far as combatting heat, I had ceramic tint on the windshield and it made a huge difference. i recommend them! not only do they deflect heat and UV, they cut down glare as well.
I think I asked you before but here we go, how much light does it let in and how much did it cost? I am interested in this but only if it lets all the light in

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I asked you before but here we go, how much light does it let in and how much did it cost? I am interested in this but only if it lets all the light in
I got the clear tint, so I'd say 98 percent visibility. It's totally clear. $180 installed for me.
ask for IR or pro-nano Ceramic.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had the stick-on type Side Window Defectors on my F-150's, GMC, Chevy, and Toyota's and they looked fine. But the stick on ones from Ford just don't look good at all on my new Mustang.

Weathertech claims they will have the channel type for Mavericks if enough owners want them. You can sign up to let them know you want it and to receive notification when they become available.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2022/maverick/side-window-deflectors/

Meanwhile if any of you find a suitable channel type model in another brand, please let us all know.
They came on mine and after 17 months I can say I am not a fan. I did not order them on my 23.

They are oversized for the windows and look funny if you ask me. I have seen posts of other brands that fit the channel much better.