Should there be an engine cover?

MaverickGTI

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Fx4
Yessss.. got the call and went to see it, and drove it away.. Salesman was busting to tell me all about everything, but I waived the lesson and happily drove it home... All legal.
Popped the hood when I got home and the engine struck me as being one ugliest I have seen. Then I noticed a couple of brass threaded inserts and wondered if there should have been a cover over that tangled mess.
Should there be? Or can I get one? :D
All cars come with engine covers. Some call it a hood.
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I added one because it looked messy.

Ford Maverick Should there be an engine cover? CEC7EDAC-2630-471A-BEC5-9A194FD06351

Ford Maverick Should there be an engine cover? 631C371F-660B-439D-9FC8-058605ADA95E

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would rather add the hood liner. That serves a better purpose.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Rob Cactus Gray is that option available? I haven't seen any threads on it but wouldn't mind adding one on mine. Might help reduce engine noise in the cab.
You know, I can’t find anything about it now either. I have the Ford Escape hood liner sitting in my garage. I sure hope it fits like I thought it would. I swear someone posted that it fit, but can’t find anything about it. Guess I’m going to have to post my experience when my truck gets here some time next year.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
You know, I can’t find anything about it now either. I have the Ford Escape hood liner sitting in my garage. I sure hope it fits like I thought it would. I swear someone posted that it fit, but can’t find anything about it. Guess I’m going to have to post my experience when my truck gets here some time next year.
Sounds good, at least I have a place to start looking when I do a search. I'll look at the Escape and search for some part numbers. Thanks for the info.(y)

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yessss.. got the call and went to see it, and drove it away.. Salesman was busting to tell me all about everything, but I waived the lesson and happily drove it home... All legal.
Popped the hood when I got home and the engine struck me as being one ugliest I have seen. Then I noticed a couple of brass threaded inserts and wondered if there should have been a cover over that tangled mess.
Should there be? Or can I get one? :D
I'd rather have access to engine, but hood insulation for quieter engine noise.

Sponsored

22XLThybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid (order July 21)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People have gotten used to seeing beauty covers on everything but there was a time where there were no beauty covers on everything. Absolutely useless piece of weight and I would much rather be able to see everything when I do my engine checks. The engine compartment air flow was engineered without the the beauty cover and there is also radiant heat that will be trapped under that cover and your hybrid has a lot of electronics. I was absolutely thrilled not to pay for this pointless piece of plastic. That's on pretty much every other car.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone verify that part number 6A949 for the Escape fits on both Maverick engines?

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was originally going to get an engine cover. When we got the truck, looked under it an decided I wanted to be able to the visual inspection, check the engine without removing a cover. Cover is just something to take time and get in the way / hide things you may want to check.
Sponsored