Sponsored

Should I switch from hybrid to ecoboost?

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are going to do it, do it soon, or you will have to wait until August to place your Ecoboost order.

Personally, I wouldn't.
Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just talked to my dealer, I ordered an XL on 11/10. My sales person is saying probably another 6 to 7 months if I still want the hybrid or I can change it to the ecoboost and probably get it in 2 or 3 months. thoughts?
It’s your decision!

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just talked to my dealer, I ordered an XL on 11/10. My sales person is saying probably another 6 to 7 months if I still want the hybrid or I can change it to the ecoboost and probably get it in 2 or 3 months. thoughts?
Depends on how you plan on using your truck.the 2.0 still gets 30 mpg,and can tow twice as much.to me 12 mpg more in the hybrid was just not worth it,that why I ordered the ecoboost.plus the hybrid is new /first year technology.the 2.0 is proven.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait. Patience will pay off. I’ve had both EB & hybrid. The latter is hands down the way to go.

it’s not just about the fuel savings. The eCVT is super smooth, doesn’t sound like a pre-puberty diesel clicking away, is instantly responsive. Don’t have the annoying start/stop ignition. The gas/electric engine transition is unnoticed.

it’s not first year technology- ford has been working on this for years. Sure it’s a new culmination of many projects but what is there to prove? 4cly EB isn’t any more reliable and I’d argue you’re safer w hybrid given it’s longer warranty coverage from Ford on the hybrid electrical components.

and when gas goes back up, you’ll be really happy. NTM- the range on the EB isn’t great. And good luck truly getting 30mpg every time with the AWD. That’s not going to happen if you live anywhere with speeds above 55MPH and non-flat roads. People just like to say that, post the pic of that one time it happens. But it won’t every day.

Last edited:

Profiteer

I say stay hybrid. It’s the only real differentiator the Maverick has going for it.

Sponsored

Deppizzymo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Should I switch from hybrid to ecoboost? 1671044314697

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer did not require a deposit. I'm leaning towards just waiting it out for the hybrid.
Tony, as I said before, stick it out. You won't regret it. I ordered a 2022 Mav back on 10/18/21 in Dallas (XLT Hybrid, Luxury Pkg, Ford 360, Remote Start). It was rolled to a MY23 and finally built on 11/29/22, shipped on 11/30/22, and should be to Dallas between 12/13-19. It just takes patience but hopefully it will pay off for you. The Mav Hybrid is the hottest vehicle on the market and you cannot go wrong in any way. Mine took around 13 months and I'm an A/Z Plan Ford buyer. Good luck, friend!

leezep

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
SOTXMAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Chevrolet Tahoe LT, '23 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get over 30mpg on highway doing over 70mph with my 22 xl eco awd maverick, Ive had it for over 1 yr, i ordered the 23 eco but i upgraded to the xlt fx4 bedliner 4k tow and the copilot packages, its in production this jan 23, great little trucks!

BradG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger / Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 to 3 months for a eco boost maybe, 6 to 7 for a hybrid....I wouldn't count on that, there are hybrid orders that are 15 months old and still waiting for a build date....

Sponsored
OP
OP
tonyfall1

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 to 3 months for a eco boost maybe, 6 to 7 for a hybrid....I wouldn't count on that, there are hybrid orders that are 15 months old and still waiting for a build date....
This post is a year old and I had my order in for 3 or 4 months already when I posted this. So it would have been 11 months for a hybrid and 7 for an ECO which at that time seemed reasonable. We've learned a lot since then.

Scot LX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Honda Element, Royal Enfield INT650
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Everyone should switch to EB, Then maybe I can get my Hybrid.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I say stay hybrid. It’s the only real differentiator the Maverick has going for it.
Really? Please give me your list of other low-$20K small pickups. I'll wait...

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get over 30mpg on highway doing over 70mph with my 22 xl eco awd maverick, Ive had it for over 1 yr, i ordered the 23 eco but i upgraded to the xlt fx4 bedliner 4k tow and the copilot packages, its in production this jan 23, great little trucks!
I just got back from an 800+ mile trip in my brand-new (<400 miles when I started) Hybrid. Roughly 90% of the driving was on the freeway, doing either 70 or 75 mph (speed limit dependent). For the entire trip, I averaged 36.8 mph (calculated at the pump). And that's certainly not the "optimal profile" for good fuel economy in the hybrid. I was shocked that it beat the EPA 30 mph highway estimate for the EcoBoost Maverick. I had always assumed the EB would be the better highway cruiser and the hybrid the better "townie" truck. Now I'm not so sure...

And the in-town mpg I'm seeing in the hybrid is WAY better than folks are reporting for the EB. I'm seeing around 40 mpg with roughly 60/40 (city/highway) mixed driving. I'm very happy with my Hybrid, since I rarely need to tow anything, and if I do it would be a lightweight utility trailer - certainly under 2,000 lbs.

The EcoBoost is a REALLY nice package as well, and the performance is certainly "snappier" than the Hybrid. I almost scared myself when I test-drove one. The salesman told me to floor it, and it took off like a rocket! I was not expecting that kind of power from a 2-liter engine, and it caught me a bit off-guard... The next 5 minutes was a lot of fun, but I ultimately decided the better fuel economy (and only slightly less "fun" performance) of the hybrid better suited my personal use, especially since I don't really expect to tow much (if at all).

You really can't go wrong with either choice, in my opinion. If the hybrid didn't exist, I would be delighted to own an EB, which in my opinion still beats any other option out there. (I'm looking at you, Hyundai Santa Cruz...)
Sponsored