Sponsored

On the fence about switching to EcoBoost from Hybrid?

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People have already mentioned how much it depends on your driving, but it’s probably worth breaking down your mileage into city vs highway instead of using EPA combined estimates.

You can customize the calculations here to see the difference on the 2022. It lets you adjust your mix of driving in stop and go vs highway, miles per year, and gas prices. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Pow...=Ford&baseModel=Maverick&srchtyp=ymm&pageno=1
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't order/purchase mine solely around gas mileage, my 2011 4x4 F150 got like 11 mpg in my rural suburban environment, so anything above that was gravy. I needed to be able to tow different things when the need arises (not that often) and I preferred the additional safety that the AWD can provide. If you do alot of stop and go city driving the hybrid can offer some good savings in fuel cost. The majority of my driving environment would not take advantage of the electric mode very often and the need to tow and wanting AWD the hybrid wasn't even a consideration. I couldn't be any happier with by EB, gas mileage is great in my opinion, it's not as high as some have reported with their hybrids. The thing with that is you have to compare apples to apples, put a hybrid and a EB going down the road in Gas mode and don't think they will be much difference in mpg. You should decide if your driving environment and habits will make use of the electric portion of the hybrid or not, then run your math. That's just my opinion, I'm sure there will be plenty of others. But only you can decide what will actually be best for you. Good Luck !!!

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watching Tim's video show last night he stated that if you placed your Hybrid order on the first couple of days that the order banks open back in September he thought there was a good chance that your order would be built. He said he would not change to the Ecoboost if that was the case.
he did say that. The problem is when will they build it. I probability of you getting ”soon” is definitely low. ultimately it’s if you can wait for the truck to arrive. if youre okay waiting 9-12 months for the car, hold off for the hybrid.
Sponsored