Sponsored

Setting to make Cruise Control default to the ON setting?

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before anyone can post nonsense claiming that such an option would be unsafe or that doing this is somehow against some imaginary federal safety law, neither are true. Nearly every brand of car sold in the US (no matter country of origin) has this option except for Ford.

So, with that out of the way, could one of you smart tech guys figure out which value I can change to accomplish this endeavor, please? Or, alternatively, make the on button function like in the new Bronco and set the speed at the same time it’s turned on to eliminate the added step of setting the speed after activation.

Thank you!
Sponsored

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My chevy Spark had it always on. And I used it all the time. And it was great. My wifes Subaru would not stay on. It always reset to off. I consider it a programming flaw. So, I agree 110%. Either leave Cruise on once it is turned on or put in a setting to allow set or default.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. I’ve been poking around. It should remember last setting, my Honda did this.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This may just be a OEM way of doing things for their entire line. My subaru would turn off, so does every ford ive own, my GFs old corolla, and the Nissan that I had rented a couple weeks ago all were the same. Some settings don't come with an option of altering but I'd be curious to see of someone finds it. Then apply that to the drive mode lol

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have CoPilot and 360. Thought I wouldn't like it.

Now? Hell, just driving on city streets it's flipping fantastic. Sit back and let the truck take over. Kinda sudden stops but I can deal with it. Especially on city highways.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This may just be a OEM way of doing things for their entire line. My subaru would turn off, so does every ford ive own, my GFs old corolla, and the Nissan that I had rented a couple weeks ago all were the same. Some settings don't come with an option of altering but I'd be curious to see of someone finds it. Then apply that to the drive mode lol
The problem is that it’s even different between Ford models. The new Broncos coming down the same line in Mexico as our Mavericks don’t require you to turn on the cruise and set the speed. The “on” button does both with one push.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The problem is that it’s even different between Ford models. The new Broncos coming down the same line in Mexico as our Mavericks don’t require you to turn on the cruise and set the speed. The “on” button does both with one push.
I call Bullshit on that as my GF has a BS Badlands and it operates exactly like my maverick.

OP
OP

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I call Bullshit on that as my GF has a BS Badlands and it operates exactly like my maverick.
Wow, that escalated quickly. Calling “bullshit” seems to imply I was being dishonest in someway. However, I don’t have any first-hand knowledge and was going off what I read on their forums. Thank you for your insightful comment.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, that escalated quickly. Calling “bullshit” seems to imply I was being dishonest in someway. However, I don’t have any first-hand knowledge and was going off what I read on their forums. Thank you for your insightful comment.
Dishonest or ignorant is regardless, its misinformation delivered as if it was fact. Sorry if that hurt you but the truth is that Fords CC has been setup in this fashion for ages.

Owned and operated
97' f350
04' Escape
07' Mustang GT
08' Ford Focus
13' f150
21' BS
22' Maverick

All of them operated by Turning on CC, then selecting speed. Its just how ford and many other OEMs do it.

Sponsored

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
*forscan ;)

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mind you, my last Ford was a 1996 model, however at least in that model, the cruise on and off buttons were separate from the set/accel, resume, and coast buttons.

If you just pressed set/accel, nothing happened. If you tapped the on button first, or pressed it at the same time as the set/accel button, then it would activate properly.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mind you, my last Ford was a 1996 model, however at least in that model, the cruise on and off buttons were separate from the set/accel, resume, and coast buttons.

If you just pressed set/accel, nothing happened. If you tapped the on button first, or pressed it at the same time as the set/accel button, then it would activate properly.
Its how Ford has always done it.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every car I ever owned does this. In a way I do think it's wierd. Why do you have to turn it on then set the speed. You have to do 2 things to get it to work. Maybe some lawyer mandated feature.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before anyone can post nonsense claiming that such an option would be unsafe or that doing this is somehow against some imaginary federal safety law, neither are true. Nearly every brand of car sold in the US (no matter country of origin) has this option except for Ford.

So, with that out of the way, could one of you smart tech guys figure out which value I can change to accomplish this endeavor, please? Or, alternatively, make the on button function like in the new Bronco and set the speed at the same time it’s turned on to eliminate the added step of setting the speed after activation.

Thank you!
If anyone has ever used the intuitive cruise control that has existed on Mercedes Benz cars for half a century, every other set up would piss them off like it does me lol!
Sponsored