First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I were facing 10 to 12 hour drives on a frequent basis... I'd have a seat shop trash the Maverick seats in favor of Recaros with massage function. Recaros are amazing seats, and have been for decades. But you need a few thousand dollars if you're replacing both seats.

Keep the Maverick seats in the garage, and reinstall them when you replace the Maverick. Recaro makes adaptors for almost any car. I know people who have 30 year old Recaros that they've installed in a series of cars.

I installed Recaros in my 1993 Mazda RX7 R1. Best move I ever made car-wise. Well, second best move. Best move was buying three Miatas.

s
Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want to see seat wars, go to a Chevy Bolt forum. There were flame wars that got totally out of control back when that car was introduced. 50% said they were comfy. 50% said they were painful. Then the comfy folks accused the uncomfy folks of being fat. It went downhill fast.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While the seats in my XL are OK, I decided to add some lumbar supports for longer trips--which really helped. I haven't needed to do this with any other vehicle. I'm 6', thin, athletic, and 52.

Everyone's height, anatomy, seating position, etc. is different, so it's easy to understand why there's disagreement about what constitutes a comfortable seat.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am 5'-11" and have the base XLT. I find the seats comfortable enough. Are they luxurious and comparable to a lazy boy recliner? Not at all. I've driven vehicles with better seats, and I've driven vehicles with worse seats. I'd place the Maverick seats a bit above average.

addendum: Call me crazy but I like driving the Maverick from a comfort standing more than the Mach-e or Lightning.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav hybrid. 20 escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 5'-7" and find my XLT very comfortable. Maybe the seats would be not ideal for taller people?
I am 6-3 330 lbs and the xlt seats may be the most comfortable seats ive ever owned...

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 5' 10 1/2" or so, with a 35" inseem, so long legs. I'm used to short seats so had not noticed any difference from other cars. I think the seats are comfortable when adjusted properly. Longest trip was 2 hours on the road and no problems.

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While the seats in my XL are OK, I decided to add some lumbar supports for longer trips--which really helped. I haven't needed to do this with any other vehicle. I'm 6', thin, athletic, and 52.

Everyone's height, anatomy, seating position, etc. is different, so it's easy to understand why there's disagreement about what constitutes a comfortable seat.
How did you add lumbar support? Just put a pillow behind you?

I'm contemplating going cheap as possible but the lumbar support of the XLT LUX seats is making me second guess going cheap.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
If you want to see seat wars, go to a Chevy Bolt forum. There were flame wars that got totally out of control back when that car was introduced. 50% said they were comfy. 50% said they were painful. Then the comfy folks accused the uncomfy folks of being fat. It went downhill fast.
Were they fat?

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you add lumbar support? Just put a pillow behind you?

I'm contemplating going cheap as possible but the lumbar support of the XLT LUX seats is making me second guess going cheap.

Sponsored

jspa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia, Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also interested in this answer. The lack of adjustable lumbar support in my XLT has been the biggest (and only) negative thing on my Maverick. I added a pillow style lumbar support. It works pretty well, but looks goofy and is still not as comfortable as my previous Hyundai. I am still looking for a long term solution.

I also agree with everybody's assertions that seat comfort is different for everybody.

For reference, I am 5'8 and skinny.

Oldopelguy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, various Opels, various MOPARs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I replaced my '16 Transit 350 cab chassis with a '22 Transit 250 van and the first thing I noticed was that Ford changed seat suppliers in there somewhere and the new seats aren't as comfortable for me. Same with the fusion I drive at work; the latest one has seats markedly less comfortable than the old one.

I wonder if it has more to do with a new ergonomic model or seat supplier for the people who find them uncomfortable? Guess I'll find out if I ever get my truck.

Jmav216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 6ft, they are comfortable to me

Oh2BYounger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
I’m 6’3” and my wife is 5’2”, we both drive the XLT and the seats are very comfortable for both of us but we haven’t gone on a trip more than a couple of hours from home yet.

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No complaints with my xl seats. Just as comfortable as our Subaru outback’s seats.
Sponsored