First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading that there is no chance my order gets picked this week for production in October, I looked at the Santa Cruz availability. In 5 minutes I found 12 within 100 miles, (none in my hometown yet)…

This one has butt chiller…

Go ahead, take your shots but remember, we can be driving a Santa Cruz while Ford figures out scheduling
Ford Maverick Santa Cruz in stock A85D07CB-C13A-4910-BAFC-3B51B48747AD
Sponsored

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I was wanted to spend $41K, I would get a mid or full size truck. That MPG is any better than a
Ranger or Colorado.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I saw one on the road today for the first time

Looked like a limited

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are they actually even selling it at MSRP? I saw over on the Santa Cruz forums many dealerships are slapping a $5k markup on them.

envelopo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sierra 1500, 17 Volt, 73 Vette, 70 Jeepster,
Uh yeah NO on the Hyundai for me. I like my American trucks to be American.....even if they are made in Mexico. Ford is still a USA company. Hyundai is Korean or something right? I dont want one.....even if it is more expensive and gets worse mpg and all.

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's $14,000 more than the MSRP of my Maverick build, and 15 less combined MPG. No thank you
Ok, how about this… this dealer has 4 SC in stock… my assumption, I’ll see a Santa Cruz cruisin‘ my neighborhood before my Maverick gets scheduled
Ford Maverick Santa Cruz in stock 16964C1F-A7A9-483C-BB80-EDA1011BBF80

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, how about this… this dealer has 4 SC in stock… my assumption, I’ll see a Santa Cruz cruisin‘ my neighborhood before my Maverick gets scheduled
16964C1F-A7A9-483C-BB80-EDA1011BBF80.png
Well yes you are correct - Hyundai is a different company, has not truly allowed for custom direct customer orders, and had a timeline that started 2 months earlier. So...their vehicles are available 2 months before. You're commenting here like it is Ford's fault that...they...planned their release schedule in a similar format, and just apparently started late?

Also yeah, good luck paying sticker from what I've read on their forum! Sure, that is happening at Ford dealers too, but you can't throw a stone around here without hitting one of many dealers that are at minimum no mark-up, and at best going to save you a few grand on an already better-priced truck.

Edit - also the sky is blue, the grass is green, Hyundai has Santa Cruz already sitting on their lots, what does that mean???

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer market up may not be the norm.
We purchased a 2022 Tucson Hybrid Blue for $2500 below Msrp in June; same dealer had a Santa Cruz listed $1000 off MSRP.
I also have 3 Hyundai dealerships within 30min of me.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can think of many reasons why I would prefer the Maverick over the SC...price, MPG, versatility of the bed, etc...but the biggest reason, IMO, is the SC is UGLY!!

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well yes you are correct - Hyundai is a different company, has not truly allowed for custom direct customer orders, and had a timeline that started 2 months earlier. So...their vehicles are available 2 months before. You're commenting here like it is Ford's fault that...they...planned their release schedule in a similar format, and just apparently started late?

Also yeah, good luck paying sticker from what I've read on their forum! Sure, that is happening at Ford dealers too, but you can't throw a stone around here without hitting one of many dealers that are at minimum no mark-up, and at best going to save you a few grand on an already better-priced truck.

Edit - also the sky is blue, the grass is green, Hyundai has Santa Cruz already sitting on their lots, what does that mean???
I can think of many reasons why I would prefer the Maverick over the SC...price, MPG, versatility of the bed, etc...but the biggest reason, IMO, is the SC is UGLY!!
IF, Hyundai drops a hybrid (better yet, Plug in Hybrid) in the Santa Cruz before my Maverick arrives, ugly or not, all bets are off.
Sponsored