First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's hard to believe that some people still practice 'brake checking', that can be deadly, all because someone couldn't handle their emotions & now one Maverick totaled + 2 other vehicles damaged or totaled. It is fun to watch videos of people brake checking semi trucks, they can't stop & the checker get moved like a punted football:LOL:

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's hard to believe that some people still practice 'brake checking', that can be deadly, all because someone couldn't handle their emotions & now one Maverick totaled + 2 other vehicles damaged or totaled. It is fun to watch videos of people brake checking semi trucks, they can't stop & the checker get moved like a punted football:LOL:
Or sent to the other side unprepared to learn the lessons of physics.

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand. But from their perspective, when in the presence of two illegal actions, it's hard to say which one is more the illegal one. The brake checker can say the brake check it wouldn't have mattered anyway if you weren't kissing their bumper to begin with. So, my state says, "screw it; both are guilty!"
In my state, the person who does the rear-ending usually gets a ticket for following too closely. Also it's pretty hard to say the brake check was intentional without video evidence. They can always say they saw a dog, cat, rabbit, etc. in the road. Moral of the story, use the 3 Second Rule.

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a not so fun ride to work this a.m. Lady in front of me did a brake check and I hit her gently but vehicle behind me didn't pay attention so the mav got a ramming. Total loss but insurance gave me a good over what's owed. Ugh hate the buying experience comes again. May go for a bronco. It was what I wanted back a few years ago. Good thing got those airbags replaced. I'm sad, loved Duce and feel like I lost a friend. Im safe and without harm other than some some scrapes and bumps. On we go!!
Sorry for your loss. That's terrible. After all the waiting and wanting for this to happen. Glad you're OK, there will be other trucks.

BTW, does anyone know how to find a wrecked Mav in the junk yard? I would like to score the temp gauges from an early build before they quit putting them in later models. I've call local yards, they never heard of a Maverick. o_O

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure hate that happened, nice truck. Most important though that everyone ok. Hope ya can find another one or get that bronco. Man these things crumble like beer cans, but guess thats by design to keep people safe !!
Sponsored