BlondeDude426

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I'm not really sure where to direct my frustrations. Maybe, people here can help me see a proper path to peace.

My 2022 Mav Hybrid XL had to be taken into the dealership (Brighton Ford in Brighton, Co.) where I originally purchased the vehicle as the powertrain failed at around 18k miles.

The vehicle was inspected and it was determined that the powertrain had faulty connectors and needed replaced. A common problem for the first year models.

Good news right?

So, while they were doing a final test drive the vehicle was rear ended, and hard. So hard the vehicle was pushed into a F-150 with a trailer hitch.

The dealership calls me and basically says "So, good news and bad news. We fixed the issue and your free to come pick up your truck and return the loaner, but your truck was involved in an accident and you need to have it taken to a body shop as we don't recommend driving it. But, it is drivable, and you can come pick it up and return the loaner."

So, I take my loaner back and they drive my truck around for me. Very serious damage front and back. I finally get a chance to take it in to a body shop for an estimate, and I've been told that the damage is so extensive they are amazed it's not wobbling as I drove it down the highway as the vehicle frame is twisted and bent. My radiator is demolished and I'm surprised I've not had issues with that, and you can feel the bend when standing inside the bed. Basically, my vehicle is totalled..

What really pisses me off is that if they total it our and refuse to repair the truck not only am I out of my beautiful blue truck, but I'm out a year of my life that I waited for my custom ordered truck, the $3k cash I put down, but also no vehicle on the market today comes with a 1.9% APR...if I have to buy a new vehicle I'm going to lose my shit and sit outside Brighton Ford and picket daily letting potential customers know that they will destroy your vehicle and leave you with the bill.

Anyway, I just needed to rant.

So, am I wrong for thinking that Ford should be making me whole? The dealership basically told me "It was not our fault so it's not our responsibility to return the vehicle in the condition it was received."

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225522769

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225515795

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225448441

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225444595

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225428147

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225416440

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225412195

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225406943

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225404646

Ford Maverick Sad Maverick Owner. So mad at Ford... PXL_20240119_225356497
Sponsored

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, you took your Maverick in to a Ford dealership to have repairs done, they test drove it and got into an accident while a Ford dealership employee was driving it? I kind of think they are 100% responsible for all the repairs since they got into an accident with your Maverick and provide a loaner while it's under repair.

This is like them saying we had your Maverick on the lift and it fell off, now take it somewhere to get an estimate for repairs and get it fixed!

Sponsored

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
why did they not notify you immediately about the accident? the driver that rear ended your truck is 100 percent at fault but the dealer should be taking care of you since it happen while it was in their custody. i would be suing for damages either way.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm not sure how it works over in there. Doesn't the dealer have insurance for that type of thing. It's in their possession and they're responsible for the vehicle. Why did they just hand it off to you. I would have kept the loaner and tell them to repair the vehicle if that is possible.

Aspidochelone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would have expected their insurance to cover this and they should've paid you for it. This makes me want to check what my local dealer has insurance wise if i'm going to take it in for recalls. I see there is some specialized insurance coverage for maintenance shops called garage insurance but i think that might only be if the car is on the premise when there is an accident but i would still expect them to have other coverage.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The dealer has insurance. Go after them. Let them go after who hit the truck. Get a lawyer, they can pay his fee also.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I'm not really sure where to direct my frustrations. Maybe, people here can help me see a proper path to peace.

My 2022 Mav Hybrid XL had to be taken into the dealership (Brighton Ford in Brighton, Co.) where I originally purchased the vehicle as the powertrain failed at around 18k miles.

The vehicle was inspected and it was determined that the powertrain had faulty connectors and needed replaced. A common problem for the first year models.

Good news right?

So, while they were doing a final test drive the vehicle was rear ended, and hard. So hard the vehicle was pushed into a F-150 with a trailer hitch.

The dealership calls me and basically says "So, good news and bad news. We fixed the issue and your free to come pick up your truck and return the loaner, but your truck was involved in an accident and you need to have it taken to a body shop as we don't recommend driving it. But, it is drivable, and you can come pick it up and return the loaner."

So, I take my loaner back and they drive my truck around for me. Very serious damage front and back. I finally get a chance to take it in to a body shop for an estimate, and I've been told that the damage is so extensive they are amazed it's not wobbling as I drove it down the highway as the vehicle frame is twisted and bent. My radiator is demolished and I'm surprised I've not had issues with that, and you can feel the bend when standing inside the bed. Basically, my vehicle is totalled..

What really pisses me off is that if they total it our and refuse to repair the truck not only am I out of my beautiful blue truck, but I'm out a year of my life that I waited for my custom ordered truck, the $3k cash I put down, but also no vehicle on the market today comes with a 1.9% APR...if I have to buy a new vehicle I'm going to lose my shit and sit outside Brighton Ford and picket daily letting potential customers know that they will destroy your vehicle and leave you with the bill.

Anyway, I just needed to rant.

So, am I wrong for thinking that Ford should be making me whole? The dealership basically told me "It was not our fault so it's not our responsibility to return the vehicle in the condition it was received."
Incredibly sad occurrence. But it is Not a FORD problem, it's a DEALER problem. Don't be mad at Ford. I'd be talking to Ford trying to get someone there on my side to tell the dealership to step up. I cannot understand why they don't see this as there responsibility.

Last edited:
Sponsored

23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a dealer called me with the good and the bad and told me to come pick it up to take to a body shop...I would probably laugh, and tell them to give me a call when the truck is fixed / or they have a new one for me while keeping the loaner.