Sponsored

Rumor Mill: Post your "production stopped," "orders cancelled," "order moved to MY2023" rumors here

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(I doubt this will work, but I'm giving it a try...)

There seem to be a lot of new threads where people report that their dealer is telling them that:
  • Ford has stopped production for hybrids (or EcoBoosts, or Mavericks) for the year, or
  • Ford is cancelling existing orders because they can't fill them, or
  • Ford is forcing people to convert their MY2022 orders to MY2023, or
  • Ford is ... doing whatever
I suggest that people post on this thread instead, where the newest claims can be read (or ignored) in the context of previous similar claims and answers.

Here are just a few samples of recent threads that could have been consolidated in this way:

Dealership called wanting to move order to MY23
Order Canceled by Ford per Dealership
Hybrid production has been completely stopped for 2022 Mavericks, per my dealer
If your dealer says your order was canceled or that your existing order will be pushed to MY2023 here is the probable reason

(That last one is an attempt by @huunvubu to preemptively respond to such claims)
Sponsored

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would add, it seems like a lot of people are getting calls or emails from their dealership about this. How about a follow up request for the dealership to provide a copy of their correspondence from Ford Corporate? I only ask because of all these new threads and conspiracy theories, no one has provided any written communication directly from Ford. Just a thought to test these dealerships and their commitment to honesty.

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How about a follow up request for the dealership to provide a copy of their correspondence from Ford Corporate?
I've seen people suggest that on a few occasions. So far, I haven't seen any posts from anyone saying they have actually made that request, nor any posts about what they found out.

Maybe I missed those posts. But the lack of any confirmation -- where people have a strong motive to seek confirmation -- makes me wonder.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week my dealer said that they had no trailer hitches.
This week he said they had no problem getting the hitches and that dealers do not have allocations, nor do districts
 it is just Ford pulling orders in whatever order they want
 so, bottom line, do NOT believe anything the salesman or dealer tells you.

Sponsored

db9884

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also received one of these calls from my dealer stating that my hybrid would not be built in MY22 and asking if I would like to convert to MY23. I told him to leave my order as it is.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also received one of these calls from my dealer stating that my hybrid would not be built in MY22 and asking if I would like to convert to MY23. I told him to leave my order as it is.
When he says "Ford cancelled it" or something to that effect (as I suspect he will), please ask for copies of the communication from Ford, and proof that the order was properly placed in the first place.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they can give me a hybrid XL AWD green Maverick in 2023 I’ll let them do whatever they want to me 😂

Very curious to see any actual evidence from dealers on this though, otherwise sounds like they messed up ordering.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they can give me a hybrid XL AWD green Maverick in 2023 I’ll let them do whatever they want to me 😂

Very curious to see any actual evidence from dealers on this though, otherwise sounds like they messed up ordering.
Maybe they feel it won’t be built because it’s a smaller low allocation dealer? This I can’t wrap my head around. The allocation process I thought wasn’t supposed to matter when it comes to retail orders. The entire program is confusing.

But yeah, they are most likely lying.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(I doubt this will work, but I'm giving it a try...)

There seem to be a lot of new threads where people report that their dealer is telling them that:
  • Ford has stopped production for hybrids (or EcoBoosts, or Mavericks) for the year, or
  • Ford is cancelling existing orders because they can't fill them, or
  • Ford is forcing people to convert their MY2022 orders to MY2023, or
  • Ford is ... doing whatever
I suggest that people post on this thread instead, where the newest claims can be read (or ignored) in the context of previous similar claims and answers.

Here are just a few samples of recent threads that could have been consolidated in this way:

Dealership called wanting to move order to MY23
Order Canceled by Ford per Dealership
Hybrid production has been completely stopped for 2022 Mavericks, per my dealer
If your dealer says your order was canceled or that your existing order will be pushed to MY2023 here is the probable reason

(That last one is an attempt by @huunvubu to preemptively respond to such claims)
TELL ME IT AIN'T SOđŸ€Ż

Sponsored

db9884

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing really. He said ok and that he hopes it comes in because he doesn't get paid until it comes in and I buy it.

db9884

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When he says "Ford cancelled it" or something to that effect (as I suspect he will), please ask for copies of the communication from Ford, and proof that the order was properly placed in the first place.
I asked for the ROVP approval email for my order and he said "unfortunately there isn't one". I have called the Maverick Marketing number and they said from their end everything looks good with the order and just to wait for the emails from Ford with the VIN and build date. I guess I will just wait and see.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked for the ROVP approval email for my order and he said "unfortunately there isn't one". I have called the Maverick Marketing number and they said from their end everything looks good with the order and just to wait for the emails from Ford with the VIN and build date. I guess I will just wait and see.
But even if you would have had a ROVP, it STILL wouldn’t mean you would receive your build. The dealer might not even have enough allocations to get to you. It doesn’t mean you will get it just by the marketing number saying it’s good on their end. They can just tell you if it’s in the system correctly

Getting delivery is like betting in Vegas 😂
Sponsored