Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the interior better on the Ridgeline, but to each his own, eh? I miss real leather, and I'm not a fan of the brown/navy theme on the Lariat. The grey leather interior on the Ridgeline, however, is pretty much my ideal. It feels more premium (though you definitely pay for that premium feel).

Plus, the current Ridgeline can tow 5k lbs stock. If a Ridgeline hybrid got anywhere near those numbers, I'd be ecstatic.
Leaving a highlander with grey leather and 4 other shades of grey throughout, over it. Bring on the vibrance of the XLT - Lariat colors - yikes but I do wish the XLT seats could be had with active x or whatever. All leather is not created equal -

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
Leaving a highlander with grey leather and 4 other shades of grey throughout, over it. Bring on the vibrance of the XLT - Lariat colors - yikes but I do wish the XLT seats could be had with active x or whatever. All leather is not created equal -
I'm in the opposite camp. I liked the XLT at first (it's still the trim level that I'll probably end up with, all things considered), but there's just so much going on in terms of color that it makes my head spin.

My personal gripe is actually the beige/greyish headliner on all 3 Mav trim levels - I don't like that it doesn't match with the rest of the interior. I notice and dislike this on all vehicles when it doesn't match, though, and I know it's not necessarily a common complaint. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in the opposite camp. I liked the XLT at first (it's still the trim level that I'll probably end up with, all things considered), but there's just so much going on in terms of color that it makes my head spin.

My personal gripe is actually the beige/greyish headliner on all 3 Mav trim levels - I don't like that it doesn't match with the rest of the interior. I notice and dislike this on all vehicles when it doesn't match, though, and I know it's not necessarily a common complaint. Just a pet peeve of mine.
I don't get the panic over the XLT interior. The two orange rubber console insert pieces can be removed in two seconds - the door pulls can be exchanged easily - the orange vent accents - and seat stitching - Are complimentary. The lariat on the other hand - Bronze /Brown embedded in the dash , seats + brown does not really go with ice blue / space blue/ Smurf blue or whatever. I like that the headliner is lighter in color to brighten up the interior - It's just unfortunate that the Maverick interiors are ball and chained to a certain package / trim - base Ranger has three seat fabric options for example

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the Honda Ridgeline a real truck? I've always maintained that answer is no.....now that I am a future Maverick owner I need to reassess this response. The new response....still no. Is the Maverick, yes. Here is the breakdown of the reasoning. The Honda is a unibody and gets 18 24 21. It plays like its a big boy truck and it's not. The Maverick makes no excuses for its lack of size and towing capacity. It is living in the range of the old rangers. Small and fuel efficient. It is a truck. A small weak truck but a truck none the less.
At 3/4 ton payload, hardly a weak truck. Those of us that remember the old GM CK2500 platform, the Maverick has the same or better payload capacity, albeit with lower towing capability. It's a reasonable tradeoff for its convenient size and improved economy.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At 3/4 ton payload, hardly a weak truck. Those of us that remember the old GM CK2500 platform, the Maverick has the same or better payload capacity, albeit with lower towing capability. It's a reasonable tradeoff for its convenient size and improved economy.
I judge by towing. Not payload capacity. The mav is impressive with payload

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I judge by towing. Not payload capacity. The mav is impressive with payload
Still, a two-ton tug is pretty impressive for a compact unibody truck...

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which is a midsized vehicle.
Yes but 4k is not that much. Less than the first gen ranger. Almost 1/2 as much as a second gen. Less than the hyundai. I think people see truck and think towing but in reality the mav will live a short life at the 4k limit. Just my opinion

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure what thread you're referencing, but I think this has been taken out of context.

rickon66

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2.0 Turbo
Ridgeline has nicer interior options and maybe the "Honda" reputation for quality, but that is about it. As an old guy that has bought a lot of new cars over the last 60+ years, I miss the way that you could pick from 8 or 10 different interior colors and buy options individually. Real choice is gone, take their choices or else.x

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
You are now just an algorithm who’s options are all limited to "packages."

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The biggest disappointment with the current Ridgeline, for me, was the back seat space. It is really bad given the size of the truck. And to make matters worse, Honda stuck a cup holder on the rear door panels that keep you from spreading your knees out around the back of the front seats. It's just a horrible design for adults in the back. Small kids, no problem. The rest of the truck is fine, very SUV-like driving dynamics. That rear seat issue alone made it a no-go for me.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rubber and transmission? Have you researched thr eCVT? All gears dude...and very few of them.
The ecoboost is yer basic slushbox.
I've driven 2 ECO 8 speeds recently and both shifted great.
Sponsored