Sponsored

Resale value of discontinued colors Velocity Blue and Rapid Red Mavericks?

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some high level sarcasm going on here. :ROFLMAO:

The Maverick, like basically everything else today, is disposable and designed to be that way. One can only imagine what the screens in it are going to look like in 25 years. LOL
Technically if it's value outpaces inflation in 20 years from now even if it is only 1 dollar more that is a win. More like pyrrhic victory but victory none the less.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If someone thinks a color choice is going to significantly change the resale value then your deluding yourself. It's like doing a kitchen renovation thinking it'll drive your home value up. Doesn't change the comps.

A vehicle is worth its features, year, mileage, and condition. Maybe you can work a hundred bucks in on a private sale for a color. But trying to hit some lottery based upon a color being discontinued on a budget level, mass produced mini truck is an exercise in futility.
Tell that to cabbage patch kids.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True, and I'd see VB actually hurting the value more than helping. It is such a generic, cheap looking color..
Agree with that. I ordered Alto Blue, looks great. Velocity Blue looks trashy IMO.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree with that. I ordered Alto Blue, looks great. Velocity Blue looks trashy IMO.
Alto Blue and Atlas Blue are both nice. Velocity is extremely generic and looks very cheap.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can't remember any old 4 door vehicle being worth then a 2 door. You would have to keep it garaged, low mileage, and swear grandma only drove it to church on Sunday. If you are looking to cash in on your truck, sell it now before the bubble bursts!

Sponsored

bomberxl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL, Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alto Blue and Atlas Blue are both nice. Velocity is extremely generic and looks very cheap.
Velocity blue is similar to the Chrysler hydro blue and GM’s glacierbright blue, both which cost extra.

Now ford is offering “azure gray” further hopping on the neutral-adjacent color fad.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few months back, someone posted an article about color choices of Mavericks. If I remember correctly, Area 51 was first and Velocity Blue was a few spots below.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that we've gotten these limited edition colors are ugly and not valuable because I didn't get a truck with it responses out of the way. When you think of the traditional blue oval Ford brand logo what color comes to mind? One hint colors like cyber orange ain't it. Unless Ford does a serious branding color change 30 years down the road which truck is going to scream out I am Ford truck and proud of it. Another hint it won't be some color like cyber orange. Whether people think so or not little details like that when you build a brand recognition make a big difference in desirability for product of a successful brand.

Ford Maverick Resale value of discontinued colors Velocity Blue and Rapid Red Mavericks? 20562

Last edited:

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alto Blue looks like an Air Force truck on the flightline. Your Cyber Orange looks like either a school bus or a highway construction vehicle to me. So there!

I've had plenty of compliments on my truck, most specifically about the color. I really don't have any illusions about it affecting resale value though. As is mentioned above, mileage and condition usually trump the color. When buying my daughter a used car, I compared model year and mileage and settled on one with latest year and low mileage within my price range. It happened to be black, which my daughter did not care for, but it had 25k miles at three years old.

Turned out to be a Honda lemon, but that's a completely different story!

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alto Blue looks like an Air Force truck on the flightline. Your Cyber Orange looks like either a school bus or a highway construction vehicle to me. So there!

I've had plenty of compliments on my truck, most specifically about the color. I really don't have any illusions about it affecting resale value though. As is mentioned above, mileage and condition usually trump the color. When buying my daughter a used car, I compared model year and mileage and settled on one with latest year and low mileage within my price range. It happened to be black, which my daughter did not care for, but it had 25k miles at three years old.

Turned out to be a Honda lemon, but that's a completely different story!
In the now and near term future yes on resale but long term when the truck passes in classic / collector territory I am going to say no and that a Velocity Blue will be more valuable and desirable not just because it is was a limited edition color but it screams out it is "Ford" color. The other color offerings do not.

Sponsored