Sponsored

Resale value of discontinued colors Velocity Blue and Rapid Red Mavericks?

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just because something wasn't advertised as limited doesn't make it so. I am taking the position that these are indeed limited edtion and anyone who ordered these colors won the lucky limited edtion lottery without knowing they even entered it. Unless Ford reintroduces these colors again in MY2024 or later they are unique unobtainium from here on in. Don't make the mistake of limited and desirable being one and the same.
Ford at one point made the Lincoln LS with a V-6 manual. Very few made so limited if you will.

Only worth what someone will pay.

There were V-8 manuals with the 4.6 4V prototypes. They were going go under the SVT band. Eventually got squashed. Those LS V-8's would be worth some $$.

Very fast.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford at one point made the Lincoln LS with a V-6 manual. Very few made so limited if you will.

Only worth what someone will pay.

There were V-8 manuals with the 4.6 4V prototypes. They were going go under the SVT band. Eventually got squashed. Those LS V-8's would be worth some $$.

Very fast.
That is what I said limited and desirable are not one and the same.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is what I said limited and desirable are not one and the same.
C'mon, but 30 years from now you get to be like that old guy at the car show with his delicately driven Corvette with a plaque that breaks down how his Corvette is best Corvette because it's 1/286 built with that specific configuration and they have the documentation of factory records to prove it.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
C'mon, but 30 years from now you get to be like that old guy at the car show with his delicately driven Corvette with a plaque that breaks down how his Corvette is best Corvette because it's 1/286 built with that specific configuration and they have the documentation of factory records to prove it.
Don't bring things like rationality into it. This sort of stuff is na na poo poo I got something you can't have so therefore I am more awesome than you. You can be awesome as me if you want pay lots of money for it.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my point, limited edition anything tends to sell for more than non limited edition.
I don't think in this case it makes it anywhere close to a limited edition when it comes to increased value except for the First Edition which was a true limited edition and to add to that they replaced the velocity blue with another blue that may actually be more popular when all is said and done.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think in this case it makes it anywhere close to a limited edition when it comes to increased value except for the First Edition which was a true limited edition
And people are mostly fooling themselves if they think a First Edition is going to be some diamond in the rough down the line. On a typical, mass market vehicle special edition packages mean very little for value unless you happen to get a very specific buyer.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you on the velocity blue as being desirable wagon (worth more money) or just not as many?
I am in the chumming the waters and seeing what bites wagon. But to your question I am saying there will not be as many which is the reality from here on in unless Ford changes that and it is just a case of selling the desirabilty now. It could also backfire and Ford interperts it as people actually want these colors and reintroduces them back into the options MY2024 or later.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check Kelly Blue Book in a few years, they apply values to color on used vehicles.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check Kelly Blue Book in a few years, they apply values to color on used vehicles.
Correct you are. Ford had a disgusting green on Mustangs. Leases were not allowed to order it because it was so ugly. Resale crap with that color

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This ain’t no limited edition kinda thing. I mean, velocity blue is atlas blue, in most peoples eyes. Feel special about just owning a Maverick because, In about four years, every pool company and auto parts store will have a slew of these trucks sitting around; what color, will not matter.

Ferdinand

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And people are mostly fooling themselves if they think a First Edition is going to be some diamond in the rough down the line. On a typical, mass market vehicle special edition packages mean very little for value unless you happen to get a very specific buyer.
I got my FE RR build on 09.09 and waiting for shipment. I do not believe that in a couple of years it will be much higher valued, as this "first edition" is just a paint job (a nice one) on a fully loaded Lariat. If you like the rapid red color on the Maverick, the FE was the way to go. Value wise, it will not make a big impact, and as all used trucks, value will depending on condition and millage. (regarding the rapid red color, this is a question of taste, which some future buyer might honor with a few extra bucks). To make it short, as stated before: Its the desirability and not the "Fist Edition" logo which determine future value.
In the meantime, enjoy your Mavericks, once they arrive, and forget about future value !!

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm thinking since Area 51 is the most desirable new, it would be more desirable used. The only way a different color would really effect resale is if they only make two of them.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the VB would be a classic truck down the line. A true first edition without the graphics ( which doesn’t seem to stand up to automatic car washes )
The reason I chose VB is it’s generic mid tone Blue. All colors fade with age and sun. Paints with strong pigments look nicer longer. In ten years Area 51 and Cactus gray will look dingy off white. Where the VB uncorrected will look closer to Area 51.
Sponsored