First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello, I have placed a pre order for a 2023 Ford Maverick Lariat hybrid with luxury package. I am really not sure if I am going to want to keep it long term, and the only way for me to find out if I like it was to order it and see in person when it gets here. Having said that, do you think the top trim level lariat will still be worth what I pay for it after a few months of driving it if I decide to trade it in? Or, would I be better off getting the XLT hybrid with luxury package for resale value? If I was to keep the truck long term, I would prefer the Lariat myself. My wife and I both have concerns about the size of it though, especially considering we plan on having kids soon and will need to fit car seats in the back. I have an F-150 now which has a ton of room in the back seat, but the gas mileage is not great, which is my main reason for wanting a Maverick
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do some research. Used Mavericks of all trims are currently selling $5-$10K over sticker!

Will it still be like that 2 years from now when you've been driving your 23 Maverick for a few months after an excruciating 18-month wait for delivery?

Who the heck knows?

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello I can not answer all your questions but tell you my experience with my XLT Hybrid . I'm ,. 6ft 3 in. 285 lbs wife is 5ft 8in and my one daughter is 6 ft My daughters birthday was last week she has never been in the backseat of our Maverick. 🤔 We took her out for the day for her birthday into the big city as we live in the country about 65 to 70 miles away . We shopped many different places and had lunch and dinner in the city and drove back home. My daughter is pretty much a perfectionist who tends to remark about a lot of things. Never heard the first thing out of her mouth about being cramped or uncomfortable in the back seat behind my wife, my wife moved up the seat a little for my daughter and both were very comfortable driving all around no complaints. As far as retail prices on a used Maverick I have no idea but as far as the family aspect I see no problem and having children and putting them in the backseat and being comfortable. One more thing I was doing about 70 mph when a good sized Buck ran out in front of me from a soybean filled I hit the brakes as hard as I could and turned left to avoid hitting the buck that little truck stopped on a dime and I had a 100 percent controll or the co pilot 360 did it was amazing how good the control was of this truck. I have some bones to pick with Ford about a couple things with my Maverick but as far as it's stopping the control or the 360 copilot did my hats off to Ford for the Maverick the XLT with the luxury package hybrid 360 co-pilot is worth its money hands down even with some of the problems for Ford is having with the Maverick. That's my opinion hope it helps you. Mag Maverick ☝👍🙂

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello I can not answer all your questions but tell you my experience with my XLT Hybrid . I'm ,. 6ft 3 in. 285 lbs wife is 5ft 8in and my one daughter is 6 ft My daughters birthday was last week she has never been in the backseat of our Maverick. 🤔 We took her out for the day for her birthday into the big city as we live in the country about 65 to 70 miles away . We shopped many different places and had lunch and dinner in the city and drove back home. My daughter is pretty much a perfectionist who tends to remark about a lot of things. Never heard the first thing out of her mouth about being cramped or uncomfortable in the back seat behind my wife, my wife moved up the seat a little for my daughter and both were very comfortable driving all around no complaints. As far as retail prices on a used Maverick I have no idea but as far as the family aspect I see no problem and having children and putting them in the backseat and being comfortable. One more thing I was doing about 70 mph when a good sized Buck ran out in front of me from a soybean filled I hit the brakes as hard as I could and turned left to avoid hitting the buck that little truck stopped on a dime and I had a 100 percent controll or the co pilot 360 did it was amazing how good the control was of this truck. I have some bones to pick with Ford about a couple things with my Maverick but as far as it's stopping the control or the 360 copilot did my hats off to Ford for the Maverick the XLT with the luxury package hybrid 360 co-pilot is worth its money hands down even with some of the problems for Ford is having with the Maverick. That's my opinion hope it helps you. Mag Maverick ☝👍🙂
Thanks you, this provides a lot of insight for me! I appreciate it

J.C.23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks you, this provides a lot of insight for me! I appreciate it
I second Mag Maverick on the rear seat space. I’m only 5’10” but have riden in the back and it’s pretty roomy. Have a kid in car seat no problem. 2 can fit fine as well.

As for your question about resale value, these things would probably lose all their value the second they rolled off the lot in normal times. But working in auto parts/manufacturing I would guess things are still gonna be expensive for a while. Xlt or lariet will probably hold their respective values. So I would get the one you want to plan on keeping. It depends on you though. Can you get by without f150 capability? And are you ok driving a truck without a frame? Silly question but the maverick is the closest thing to a car I’ve owned. Never thought I’d buy a truck like this. Traded my 19 ranger for it and have been pleasantly surprised. I really like the little truck. And with the money I saved I can get another old jeep. Have hauled 1/2 ton of gravel and towed pallets of block and it meets my needs and is comfortable and rides good and fits my family well. You might really like it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I second Mag Maverick on the rear seat space. I’m only 5’10” but have riden in the back and it’s pretty roomy. Have a kid in car seat no problem. 2 can fit fine as well.

As for your question about resale value, these things would probably lose all their value the second they rolled off the lot in normal times. But working in auto parts/manufacturing I would guess things are still gonna be expensive for a while. Xlt or lariet will probably hold their respective values. So I would get the one you want to plan on keeping. It depends on you though. Can you get by without f150 capability? And are you ok driving a truck without a frame? Silly question but the maverick is the closest thing to a car I’ve owned. Never thought I’d buy a truck like this. Traded my 19 ranger for it and have been pleasantly surprised. I really like the little truck. And with the money I saved I can get another old jeep. Have hauled 1/2 ton of gravel and towed pallets of block and it meets my needs and is comfortable and rides good and fits my family well. You might really like it.
Awesome!, thank you for the response

Joseph Cobbs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang, Honda Type R, Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i live in Puerto Rico so friends and family visit often. I pick them up from the airport. 5 adults fit fine and 5 large bags and 5 carry ons in the truck bed. i had to pay 7000$ over list her in the Island.I love the truck i get 49 MPG with my hybrid. If you can get the truck erven cost to list price they are a steel. Here Ford f-150 are over 55 k to start.

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While the Maverick is roomy, there is no camparison to the F150 super crew. Especially for long trips and bed cargo space. I find the Maverick great for two or running around town and easy to park with my longest trip 1,000 miles compared to my F150 going 5,000 miles on a cross country trip.

The Maverick AWD averages 23 MPG compared to the F150 3.5L at 15 MPG. My F150 2.7L averaged 19 MPG. If you don't need a HD tow vehicle, the F150 2.7L I found was the best all around.

I think it's a matter of estimating total miles driven per you and then calculating the difference in gas cost and vehicle cost for the numbers. Family Comfort is not empirical but emotional.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck could easily take you ten years down the road. The backseat area is not roomy but well designed to a sitting position. Got my friends older teens/20s in the back, they only complained that they didn’t bring their phone chargers after seeing the usb/120v plugs for the backseat area. The super tall all legs teen did look funny because of the higher floor level but didn’t complain.
They did express the desire to use truck again and being prepared with a power strip for all their electronics. Lol teens and young adults

27DTunes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Lincoln MKC, ‘23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can transport my nieces - two in car seats with one seated comfortably between them with no problem. I think you will find it a very family friendly little truck! Best of luck with your decision! It’s a great vehicle if you should choose it.
Sponsored